Death Stranding Collectors Best Buy

Such a fun fucking game. Finally bought it last week and I can't stop playing it especially since I've been quarantined at home this week.

It's certainly not a game for everyone, but I really enjoyed my time with it and also became a fan of Low Roar. If there is something I've come to appreciate from Hideo Kojima is his taste in music.

It will most likely get lower in price, I remember a few weeks ago at best buy they had a stack of the collectors edition in a corner. I bet this will be around $60 in a month or two, it just didn’t sell

Looks like this is sold out. You can’t find it by searching and the direct link doesn’t have a way to add it to cart

I want to get this but the videos I've seen online make this look INCREDIBLY boring. Sigh...
The game is ridiculously cool. Pretty amazing story. Not as boring as those videos make it out to be.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fetch quest type of game. Sometimes it can be kinda ho hum but that was, to me, when I kept on trying to do missions that had no real bearing on the story. Once I just focused on moving the story forward the pace picked right up. Has a Kojima game fingerprints all over it. If you like his previous work you check it out.

If you enjoy being an errand boy you will sure love this game.....for anybody else there's so many better other ways you can spend that money on.

Have u finished the game?
I have..and while it was worth it to me It was definitely a slog at times.

If Kojima had cut out about 2/3rds of the repetitive, frankly boring at times basic delivery missions (and made them part of the already extensive side quests) it would have been a better paced game IMO.

The story and set pieces were awesome & totally worth it (typical Kojima), but the path to get there wasn't always, and I wouldn't fault someone for stopping part way through and never going back. It doesn't have the focus that most story-based games do, even the open world ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Kojima had cut out about 2/3rds of the repetitive, frankly boring at times basic delivery missions (and made them part of the already extensive side quests) it would have been a better paced game IMO.

The story and set pieces were awesome & totally worth it (typical Kojima), but the path to get there wasn't always, and I wouldn't fault someone for stopping part way through and never going back. It doesn't have the focus that most story-based games do, even the open world ones.
Having also finished the game, I found this description to fit perfectly. I almost put it down in the story's 2nd chapter. Heard people say it picks up and options expand from 3rd one on, and they were right. For me, building a zipline chain through the mountains made the early boring missions worth sticking through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have..and while it was worth it to me It was definitely a slog at times.

That’s true. Slow at first then picks up after Chapter 3 then the game just got better for me. Beginning was such a struggle then got al these gadgets and it just became addicting. Missions could’ve been better and story just started to make sense and come together well towards the end. The end made me cry and the music is just phenomenal. And yeah I did like the story, it was pretty interesting

So I'm a Metal Gear fan, though I've only finished 1 and 2 I think.  The games are so massive, I generally haven't finished them... despite the amazing stories.

I bought Death Stranding realizing it wasn't a first person shooter, but the concept sounded interesting and the story seems good.  I didn't mind the slow start, I knew what I was getting into.

That said, I've had trouble saying away from the "bad guys" once I go up into the mountains and I HAVE to go buy them for part of the story.  My "baby" was hurt on the way up to the station, and I HAVE to go back through the same area I barely survived to get back into the story.  But I literally haven't played since, since I was frustrated with how poorly I played... or how difficult it was.

Which is ironic, cause I can take out ALL the members of a "camp" without much trouble.  But despite the sensor and the feeling when the "special" bad guys are around... I just can't seem to avoid them.  If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  As I desperately want to ENJOY the game.  But it does have me frustrated.

In the meantime, I never watched Euro Football until maybe 6 months ago?  But I played Football Manager 19 on Game Pass, and went from confused, to obsessed.  I now play Football Manager 20 and Football Manager 20 Touch, as well as FIFA on Xbox One and Switch.  I'm really enjoying those sports games, as if I'd always played them.  I'm a big Madden, MLB The Show, and NBA 2K guy, so I suppose branching out isn't totally unexpected.  But safe to say "transfers" instead of the "trades" I'm used to in US sports, let alone promotion... it's a whole new world!  ;)

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
So
I think you're referring to the brief period where you're forced to play without bb for a segment of the main story? If that's the case I believe you can just completely avoid BT areas during that time.

For general mobility in the mountain area, I strongly suggest building a zip line chain. Identify the pre-existing network ziplines (to save bandwidth) and link them together.

bread's done
Back