Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4, $9.99 at Best Buy [EXPIRED]

Damn, really good price. wasted certificate on Lego dc super villain. oh well sacrifice for the kids.  

Never played any game in the series. Will I be super lost if I were to get this? And what other rpg is similar to this? I love pokemon and Fallout 3 of that helps.

There are some video clips that shows what happened in the past games included with the game but if you haven't played any of the past games, it will be confusing but will give you a basic understanding of the plot from the past games. Even playing all of the games in the series except the mobile game, there are parts of the story that were confusing (although that could also be because I hadn't played any of the games in the series since 2014 and forgot stuff).

It's an action RPG with no turned based battles.

Never played any game in the series. Will I be super lost if I were to get this? And what other rpg is similar to this? I love pokemon and Fallout 3 of that helps.
Don't play this first. In terms of understanding the story you'll be completely lost. It's the most convoluted plot in video game history. If you really want to get into KH, buy the complete package and play through/watch the cutscenes in this order: Kingdom Hearts 1, Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth By Sleep. Then play 3

I'm tempted for price alone. Nearly beat KH1 in the collection but the literally 6 stage final boss fight was complete BS and required restarting all 6 stages every time you died. Is KH2 any easier/better in terms of QOL?

I'm tempted for price alone. Nearly beat KH1 in the collection but the literally 6 stage final boss fight was complete BS and required restarting all 6 stages every time you died. Is KH2 any easier/better in terms of QOL?
I didn't try playing the KH series til like 2014 and started with KH1 in the PS3 collection. I played through the whole game and thought it was alright, then got stuck on that same final boss sequence and gave up for a year. I then came back to the game and beat it though. Then I played KH2 and that was some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game (I played on Critical difficulty, even though I played KH1 on Normal, since KH2 is supposedly pretty easy). I dropped KH3 for some reason but KH2 is super fun imo

You definitely want to play them in order. The plots convoluted and even the spin-offs are important to the overall plot.

Thanks for the post, YoshiFan1! Does anyone know how long this sale price for the game is? I'd love to pick it up

on the cheap but to be honest, I haven't even played the other games in the series yet...

Get the "All in one collection bundle" to play them in order if not you'll be confused and lost of whats going on.

Don't buy KH3 and get the KINGDOM HEARTS All-In-One Package for $30.

KINGDOM HEARTS All-in-One Package includes:

• KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX
• KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
• KINGDOM HEARTS III

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA12031_00-COLLECTION300000

Don't buy KH3 and get the KINGDOM HEARTS All-In-One Package for $30.

KINGDOM HEARTS All-in-One Package includes:

• KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX
• KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
• KINGDOM HEARTS III

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA12031_00-COLLECTION300000
I just looked it up amazon, considering last time I checked it was digital only in NA and physical in JP. Its physical in NA now as of last month if the date is right on Amazon.

To be honest, if you can watch the 3-4hrs of cutscenes during 3 and know what the hell is going on, you're a better man than I am. I never beat 2, and lost complete track of what the point of the 1.8, 2.5, 6.9 releases were, yet I mostly enjoyed playing through KH3. But honestly, the story was a total nonsensical mess and context of previous games would not have helped IMO.

I was actually disappointed they didn’t have an all in one package physical copy for NA but now they finally do when I don’t need it. Still cool for those who don’t have the games tho

Boy, early adopters of these games got royally screwed back in the day. Remember when the HD remix games were going for $80 because they were sold out? Soooo cheap to get every game now.

To be honest, if you can watch the 3-4hrs of cutscenes during 3 and know what the hell is going on, you're a better man than I am. I never beat 2, and lost complete track of what the point of the 1.8, 2.5, 6.9 releases were, yet I mostly enjoyed playing through KH3. But honestly, the story was a total nonsensical mess and context of previous games would not have helped IMO.
The plot in KH1 was decent, started to get confusing in KHII, but after that it turned into the biggest clusterfuck of clusterfucks. I probably played half the side-games and watched a bunch of recaps before started KH3 and it honestly just felt like they ended the series with a everything working out "just because..." and I was like, 'yep, sounds good, thanks bye'.

bread's done
Back