- - - - -

Final Fantasy Remake - Double 10 Dollar Rewards for Preorder?

#1 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:25 PM

Not sure if it was a glitch or intentional, but I got a notice this morning saying that my copy of Final Fantasy Remake Standard Edition had shipped.  That made me happy enough, as I was afraid it might be delayed - had it pre-ordered on Amazon but it shifted to delivery unknown earlier in the week so I canceled it.  But, back on topic - about 3 hours later I got a message that I had a 25 dollar reward.  I did not have anywhere near that many points before so I looked for where they came from.  When I clicked on the Final Fantasy VII Remake purchase, this is what it said:

Total Points: 1142

My Best Buy Visa Purchase Bonus - 83

$10 Dollar Certificate for Final Fantasy VII Preorder - 500

$10 Dollar Certificate for Final Fantasy VII Preorder - 500

Base Points - 59

Did this happen to anyone else?  Considering I preordered it when I still had Gamers Club - so got it for 51.23 ... this has been an especially Cheap Ass Gamer type of purchase.

P.S.  Sigh, I really miss Gamers Club.  Hate spending 64.04 on new releases (that includes local tax).

#2 mattysaurus   Shipping kills it. CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

mattysaurus

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:42 PM

Same thing happened with me but for the deluxe edition. Had it preordered from Amazon for $20 off but if the bestbuy copy arrives in good condition I’ll probably just cancel amazon.

#3 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:48 PM

Should I just place an order at BB and see what happens ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:50 PM

Interesting - I'll have to see how mine plays out on Friday when I pick mine up (locally).

Just to confirm, you didn't order multiple editions of FFVII, right?  Back when Doom Eternal released, I had preordered copies of the PS4 and Switch versions and, even though the Switch version is delayed, the pack-in steelbook was ready for pickup.  Consequently, I received 2x $10 Rewards Zone certificates, one per game/platform combo. 

#5 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:05 PM

Interesting - I'll have to see how mine plays out on Friday when I pick mine up (locally).

Just to confirm, you didn't order multiple editions of FFVII, right?  Back when Doom Eternal released, I had preordered copies of the PS4 and Switch versions and, even though the Switch version is delayed, the pack-in steelbook was ready for pickup.  Consequently, I received 2x $10 Rewards Zone certificates, one per game/platform combo. 

No.  My Gamer's Club expired on Feb. 3rd so I went online on the 2nd and preordered 10 games that were coming out over the next 6-10 months that I wanted.  I only ordered 1 copy of FFVII Remake.

#6 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4702 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:31 PM

I preordered FF7 deluxe from Best Buy in August 2019. Unfortunately I can't look back that far at my reward zone points and wasn't charged yet for the game either, so nothing is listed in my account as of now.

#7 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:52 PM

I just checked mine.

I had regular edition pre-ordered, and it was marked for $10 rewards.

However, I saw I had a $20 reward certificate.

So not only did I get FF7 Remake for $55 (had a $5 credit on it), but I decided to get Resident Evil 3: Nemesis with that certificate + $10 reward I got for Persona 5 Royal. Can't beat $30 for RE3 (which is as high as I was willing to spend given the # of content it has available currently...).

If you have this certificate available, I wouldn't wait to use it. Persona 5 Royal, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Yakuza Collection...there'll be something you can use it on. :)

#8 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37827 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

Well would you look at that, I got the same 1k in points for my Deluxe Edition which shipped this morning. Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

#9 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:11 PM

If you have this certificate available, I wouldn't wait to use it. Persona 5 Royal, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Yakuza Collection...there'll be something you can use it on. :)

This is important enough to warrant a reply - if BB catches on to the 'error', they could technically revoke the certificates.

#10 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37827 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:17 PM

This is important enough to warrant a reply - if BB catches on to the 'error', they could technically revoke the certificates.

Not only that, but I think there's no reason to rush to redeem the points for certificates, as Best Buy could just deduct 500 points from your balance, potentially sending you into the negative range.

#11 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:23 PM

i checked my bb preorder for ff7.     i only have the regular 500 pts.       so i guess you guys got the lucky glitch in your favor!    if i were you i would redeem those points to the reward certificates right away! 

good thing is, i am glad my ff7 copy is shipped to arrive friday!      best buy is still da bomb!  

Can't wait to play FF7 in 4K on my pro! 

#12 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:36 PM

Still waiting for mine to be shipped instead of "Getting Ready", sooo we'll see.

#13 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:40 PM

Not only that, but I think there's no reason to rush to redeem the points for certificates, as Best Buy could just deduct 500 points from your balance, potentially sending you into the negative range.

I don't shop often enough at Best Buy to regularly deal with rewards. I lucked out with a couple years' worth of shopping to get $5 in rewards to use on FF7. Their rewards programs really ganked my frequency with getting them. I used to get a point per dollar, but then they changed that to half a point on certain purchases of mine. So if I can manage to clear an order for a $30 copy of RE3 and still get my FF7 Remake for $55, I will be happy. They can try a negative range, but it won't hurt me enough to care.

I'll still shop through them for my Black Friday and holiday movies/TV purchases until the deals are not worth doing.

#14 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:43 PM

I wish you could use a $10 coupon on a $9.99 item. Want to use some coupons that expire soon on digital exclusives.

If you're planning to purchase multiple digital items, group them into one transaction - that should do the trick.  RZ coupons apply to the total purchase, not necessarily individual items (if you have multiple).

#15 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:46 PM

In all my years of shopping at BestBuy, I can't recall ever seeing a negative rewards zone point total.  I have my account set to auto distribute at $5 increments and have done quite a number of returns/exchanges/cancellations of preorders, especially when I had GCU active...so I've danced the 0-250 points range pretty much consistently. 

That's not to say that negative isn't possible - just that it's not a possibility that I've encountered (and my n is far greater than zero). 

#16 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:04 PM

Incidentally, my Deluxe Edition I pre-ordered last month shipped out earlier.  My Standard Edition I pre-ordered back in 2016 has not yet shipped out.  You'd think they would have combined them, or at least shipped them out around the same time, but nope.  I hope it's not because the order is so old that it slipped through the cracks.  :(

#17 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4351 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:18 AM

FYI, for anyone that pre-ordered for curbside pick-up. Keep an eye on your emails tomorrow. As a BB support rep. went on their forums to post that they've sent a memo to stores stating pre-orders can be released early and picked up from 3-6pm tomorrow.

Link(it's the last post): https://forums.bestb...1341551/page/14

Kinda curious to see if we'll have to wait until friday for the DLC code, if we pick it up tomorrow.

#18 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:52 AM

I had preordered FF7 Remake way back in 2017 as part of one of the Visa checkout promos. The card I used to pay was no longer valid per email from Best Buy this morning so I had to update my payment method. In doing so it looks like the promo (and GCU) was lost. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm now getting charged for way more than the split per my original order.

#19 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:55 AM

I had preordered FF7 Remake way back in 2017 as part of one of the Visa checkout promos. The card I used to pay was no longer valid per email from Best Buy this morning so I had to update my payment method. In doing so it looks like the promo (and GCU) was lost. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm now getting charged for way more than the split per my original order.

I went through something similar with a previously released game that I preordered with gcu + vco.  Was an absolute pain to get fixed, took multiple phone calls.  

I still have a FFVIIR preorder from that time as well, but I'm just letting it cancel to avoid the same headache.  Also the random amz coupon for a $56 deluxe edition made it any easy choice.

#20 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:55 AM

And on topic I got the same as OP.

#21 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:57 AM

I went through something similar with a previously released game that I preordered with gcu + vco. Was an absolute pain to get fixed, took multiple phone calls.

I still have a FFVIIR preorder from that time as well, but I'm just letting it cancel to avoid the same headache. Also the random amz coupon for a $56 deluxe edition made it any easy choice.

I'm going to try chat tomorrow to get it fixed. When updating the payment method it indicated $0.00 total so I thought all would be OK. Then I started getting email alerts that my card was used. Would be really slick if I can get that refunded and keep the extra preorder rewards.

#22 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:00 AM

I had the exact same issue. Pre-Ordered FF7R and a couple other things during the Visa "Spend $100, Get $20 off" promotion. A year or so later, my card was compromised and I needed to get a new card and switch orders over.  The moment I did on that order, I lost the promotion.  I called Best Buy and told the rep the situation (at the time, FF7R was the only thing unshipped) and she said she would take the different off the order, but it won't show until it ships. Waiting for it to ship to see if that's true.

#23 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:47 AM

WTF. I was charged early in the a.m. like after midnight and then today I got the shipped message but nothing at all about any additional points or rewards. Fuckers!

I got a damaged RE3 Remake and I didn't feel like shipping it back and waiting for a return copy and they only gave me 10% off my purchase. I only ordered it from there for the steelbook and I shouldn't have bothered since Amazon and Walmart had it for $50 for quite a while. They should have given a $10 reward certificate for RE3 also.

#24 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:05 AM

Well, I ordered 3x of the deluxe edition. But no bonus points, just one of the copies got the 500 points.

On a separate note, did the rewards program always have a forced auto issue for the coupon? I feel like you used to be able to bank all your points.

#25 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:14 AM

Those Visa Checkout promos ended in disaster for me.  I would always get billed the full amount for one reason or another.  Was billed like $80 for Red Dead 2 because they pulled the discount off the entire order (including games that had already shipped months earlier) at the last moment.

#26 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13304 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:54 AM

Also got 2 $10 Rewards for the Deluxe Edition, which posted when it shipped today.  Wasn't able to see it in my Rewards history until I scrolled way back to the order date of June 10, 2019 though.

#27 BloodiedWraith   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

BloodiedWraith

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:07 AM

I just got an email that my order of the Deluxe Edition is delayed... I ordered it in June of 2019.

#28 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:15 AM

My standard edition is delayed also.

#29 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3524 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:57 AM

what % is there that if I preorder this now I can get the 20$

#30 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:40 PM

I just got an email that my order of the Deluxe Edition is delayed... I ordered it in June of 2019.

Same.  Preordered the Deluxe as soon as it went up.