Final Fantasy Remake - Double 10 Dollar Rewards for Preorder?

douglasmcc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
97 (98%)
Not sure if it was a glitch or intentional, but I got a notice this morning saying that my copy of Final Fantasy Remake Standard Edition had shipped.  That made me happy enough, as I was afraid it might be delayed - had it pre-ordered on Amazon but it shifted to delivery unknown earlier in the week so I canceled it.  But, back on topic - about 3 hours later I got a message that I had a 25 dollar reward.  I did not have anywhere near that many points before so I looked for where they came from.  When I clicked on the Final Fantasy VII Remake purchase, this is what it said:

Total Points: 1142

My Best Buy Visa Purchase Bonus - 83

$10 Dollar Certificate for Final Fantasy VII Preorder - 500

$10 Dollar Certificate for Final Fantasy VII Preorder - 500

Base Points - 59

Did this happen to anyone else?  Considering I preordered it when I still had Gamers Club - so got it for 51.23 ... this has been an especially Cheap Ass Gamer type of purchase.

P.S.  Sigh, I really miss Gamers Club.  Hate spending 64.04 on new releases (that includes local tax).

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happened with me but for the deluxe edition. Had it preordered from Amazon for $20 off but if the bestbuy copy arrives in good condition I’ll probably just cancel amazon.

Interesting - I'll have to see how mine plays out on Friday when I pick mine up (locally).

Just to confirm, you didn't order multiple editions of FFVII, right?  Back when Doom Eternal released, I had preordered copies of the PS4 and Switch versions and, even though the Switch version is delayed, the pack-in steelbook was ready for pickup.  Consequently, I received 2x $10 Rewards Zone certificates, one per game/platform combo. 

Interesting - I'll have to see how mine plays out on Friday when I pick mine up (locally).

Just to confirm, you didn't order multiple editions of FFVII, right? Back when Doom Eternal released, I had preordered copies of the PS4 and Switch versions and, even though the Switch version is delayed, the pack-in steelbook was ready for pickup. Consequently, I received 2x $10 Rewards Zone certificates, one per game/platform combo.
No. My Gamer's Club expired on Feb. 3rd so I went online on the 2nd and preordered 10 games that were coming out over the next 6-10 months that I wanted. I only ordered 1 copy of FFVII Remake.

I preordered FF7 deluxe from Best Buy in August 2019. Unfortunately I can't look back that far at my reward zone points and wasn't charged yet for the game either, so nothing is listed in my account as of now.

I got an email about receiving a $20 as well right after it shipped.

I just checked mine.

I had regular edition pre-ordered, and it was marked for $10 rewards.

However, I saw I had a $20 reward certificate.

So not only did I get FF7 Remake for $55 (had a $5 credit on it), but I decided to get Resident Evil 3: Nemesis with that certificate + $10 reward I got for Persona 5 Royal. Can't beat $30 for RE3 (which is as high as I was willing to spend given the # of content it has available currently...).

If you have this certificate available, I wouldn't wait to use it. Persona 5 Royal, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Yakuza Collection...there'll be something you can use it on. :)

Well would you look at that, I got the same 1k in points for my Deluxe Edition which shipped this morning. Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

If you have this certificate available, I wouldn't wait to use it. Persona 5 Royal, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Yakuza Collection...there'll be something you can use it on. :)
This is important enough to warrant a reply - if BB catches on to the 'error', they could technically revoke the certificates.

This is important enough to warrant a reply - if BB catches on to the 'error', they could technically revoke the certificates.
Not only that, but I think there's no reason to rush to redeem the points for certificates, as Best Buy could just deduct 500 points from your balance, potentially sending you into the negative range.

i checked my bb preorder for ff7.     i only have the regular 500 pts.       so i guess you guys got the lucky glitch in your favor!    if i were you i would redeem those points to the reward certificates right away! 

good thing is, i am glad my ff7 copy is shipped to arrive friday!      best buy is still da bomb!  

Can't wait to play FF7 in 4K on my pro! 

Not only that, but I think there's no reason to rush to redeem the points for certificates, as Best Buy could just deduct 500 points from your balance, potentially sending you into the negative range.
I don't shop often enough at Best Buy to regularly deal with rewards. I lucked out with a couple years' worth of shopping to get $5 in rewards to use on FF7. Their rewards programs really ganked my frequency with getting them. I used to get a point per dollar, but then they changed that to half a point on certain purchases of mine. So if I can manage to clear an order for a $30 copy of RE3 and still get my FF7 Remake for $55, I will be happy. They can try a negative range, but it won't hurt me enough to care.

I'll still shop through them for my Black Friday and holiday movies/TV purchases until the deals are not worth doing.

I wish you could use a $10 coupon on a $9.99 item. Want to use some coupons that expire soon on digital exclusives.

I wish you could use a $10 coupon on a $9.99 item. Want to use some coupons that expire soon on digital exclusives.
If you're planning to purchase multiple digital items, group them into one transaction - that should do the trick. RZ coupons apply to the total purchase, not necessarily individual items (if you have multiple).

In all my years of shopping at BestBuy, I can't recall ever seeing a negative rewards zone point total. I have my account set to auto distribute at $5 increments and have done quite a number of returns/exchanges/cancellations of preorders, especially when I had GCU active...so I've danced the 0-250 points range pretty much consistently.

That's not to say that negative isn't possible - just that it's not a possibility that I've encountered (and my n is far greater than zero).

If you're planning to purchase multiple digital items, group them into one transaction - that should do the trick. RZ coupons apply to the total purchase, not necessarily individual items (if you have multiple).
Damn, too bad I didn't think of that, but thanks. Already used my $20 on a digital Switch title, but still have a couple smaller ones that I could do that with, or put it towards Bayonetta 3 (which I probably should have done with my other coupon).

Last edited:
Incidentally, my Deluxe Edition I pre-ordered last month shipped out earlier.  My Standard Edition I pre-ordered back in 2016 has not yet shipped out.  You'd think they would have combined them, or at least shipped them out around the same time, but nope.  I hope it's not because the order is so old that it slipped through the cracks.  :(

I had preordered FF7 Remake way back in 2017 as part of one of the Visa checkout promos. The card I used to pay was no longer valid per email from Best Buy this morning so I had to update my payment method. In doing so it looks like the promo (and GCU) was lost. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm now getting charged for way more than the split per my original order.

I had preordered FF7 Remake way back in 2017 as part of one of the Visa checkout promos. The card I used to pay was no longer valid per email from Best Buy this morning so I had to update my payment method. In doing so it looks like the promo (and GCU) was lost. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm now getting charged for way more than the split per my original order.
I went through something similar with a previously released game that I preordered with gcu + vco. Was an absolute pain to get fixed, took multiple phone calls.

I still have a FFVIIR preorder from that time as well, but I'm just letting it cancel to avoid the same headache. Also the random amz coupon for a $56 deluxe edition made it any easy choice.

I went through something similar with a previously released game that I preordered with gcu + vco. Was an absolute pain to get fixed, took multiple phone calls.

I still have a FFVIIR preorder from that time as well, but I'm just letting it cancel to avoid the same headache. Also the random amz coupon for a $56 deluxe edition made it any easy choice.
I'm going to try chat tomorrow to get it fixed. When updating the payment method it indicated $0.00 total so I thought all would be OK. Then I started getting email alerts that my card was used. Would be really slick if I can get that refunded and keep the extra preorder rewards.

I had the exact same issue. Pre-Ordered FF7R and a couple other things during the Visa "Spend $100, Get $20 off" promotion. A year or so later, my card was compromised and I needed to get a new card and switch orders over.  The moment I did on that order, I lost the promotion.  I called Best Buy and told the rep the situation (at the time, FF7R was the only thing unshipped) and she said she would take the different off the order, but it won't show until it ships. Waiting for it to ship to see if that's true.

WTF. I was charged early in the a.m. like after midnight and then today I got the shipped message but nothing at all about any additional points or rewards. fuckers!

I got a damaged RE3 Remake and I didn't feel like shipping it back and waiting for a return copy and they only gave me 10% off my purchase. I only ordered it from there for the steelbook and I shouldn't have bothered since Amazon and Walmart had it for $50 for quite a while. They should have given a $10 reward certificate for RE3 also.

Well, I ordered 3x of the deluxe edition. But no bonus points, just one of the copies got the 500 points.

On a separate note, did the rewards program always have a forced auto issue for the coupon? I feel like you used to be able to bank all your points.

Those Visa Checkout promos ended in disaster for me.  I would always get billed the full amount for one reason or another.  Was billed like $80 for Red Dead 2 because they pulled the discount off the entire order (including games that had already shipped months earlier) at the last moment.

Also got 2 $10 Rewards for the Deluxe Edition, which posted when it shipped today.  Wasn't able to see it in my Rewards history until I scrolled way back to the order date of June 10, 2019 though.

My standard edition is delayed also.
Their shipping seems very haphazard lately. I ordered my standard edition on Feb. 2 of this year and it shipped yesterday. Yet I have seen other who ordered before me - some as much as a year before me - who are getting delayed messages. I am happy to get mine tomorrow, but I would be pissed if I was in the other person's shoes. What's the point of preordering early if it does not guarantee you getting the game before the people who wait?

Their shipping seems very haphazard lately. I ordered my standard edition on Feb. 2 of this year and it shipped yesterday. Yet I have seen other who ordered before me - some as much as a year before me - who are getting delayed messages. I am happy to get mine tomorrow, but I would be pissed if I was in the other person's shoes. What's the point of preordering early if it does not guarantee you getting the game before the people who wait?
I have a feeling that these inventory issues may be (partially) tied to regional distribution. As far as I can tell, shipping options for all editions were pulled days (week+?) ago, leaving only regional allocated stock.

Here in the Midwest, my local store still had the Deluxe Edition available for preorder as of sometime yesterday, while the other regions of the country appeared to be completely sold out (and had been for several days). Even physical copies of the Regular Edition look to be sparse on the coasts (and abundant here).

Do we have any other confirmation that this will be available to pick up at stores later today other than the one forum post?
I called my local store at opening (10 am) today and was told that the GM was not aware of any modified plans. They did acknowledge that such communications still come in throughout the day, and that it is still certainly possible.

My enthusiasm for being able to pick this up this afternoon is decreasing with every keystroke...

Do we have any other confirmation that this will be available to pick up at stores later today other than the one forum post?
Just got off the phone with the one I'm set to pick up mine at, they're set to release it at 3pm today. So keep an eye on the status of your order around then.

Employee didn't know at first, but asked the manager and found out stores were notified overnight to release the pre-orders then.

They just shipped regular edition order. I figured they would have fixed whatever issue they had going with the rewards points since this popped up with orders shipped yesterday, but checked and I suddenly had a $20 rewards certificate.

Went ahead and used it right away on a few games I'd been on the fence about.

Just called their customer support number to make sure.  Their site may not update saying ready for pickup for early release.   Which was told to call the store set for pickup after 3pm and see if they'll release your pre-order early.   Be sure to have order number just in case they ask for it.

Just called their customer support number to make sure. Their site may not update saying ready for pickup for early release. Which was told to call the store set for pickup after 3pm and see if they'll release your pre-order early. Be sure to have order number just in case they ask for it.
I got confirmation from my local store that they got the same memo about being able to sell it starting at 3 today. Hopefully the website pickup system will cooperate.

I had a thought.  I ordered the deluxe version from Best Bay way back when it was announced.  Then Amazon had a coupon that lowered the cost of the deluxe edition down to 59.99 or something - just know it was lower than the Best Buy order - even with Gamer's Club.  So, I cancelled that order and did not have any preorders for Final Fantasy VIIR until I decided I didn't need deluxe and reordered the regular version on Feb. 2, 2020 before my Gamer's Club expired.  Maybe that confused the system?  Now it was many months, if not a year, between cancelling the old order and creating a new order.  But, that's the only thing I can think of, unless it is just a random occurrence.

My order on RE3 shipped. They accepted the $29.99 OOP, the $10 GC, and the $20 rewards certificate. My points total is still unchanged.

Just got confirmation from my store that they are doing the pickups at 3pm local time.  Now I just have to kill 20 minutes before getting in the car.  :beer:

Then Amazon had a coupon that lowered the cost of the deluxe edition down to 59.99 or something.
It was $55.99 for deluxe. Amazon keeps sending me the emails about how they are delaying my order... so I have looked at the order details a few times this week. as of now I should get mine next Tuesday.

I’ll get the email tonight or this weekend that they are delaying it again..

Just got back from picking it up.   Employee said the site's not working correctly right now.   As they sent all the notices saying ready for pickup around 3pm, but the site is not showing it.  

Just call ahead to make sure you can pick your copy up.  As mine didn't get enough copies for the Deluxe Edition and were going by date ordered and fully paid on who gets it.

bread's done
Back