CAGcast #630: Save it in a Cup

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks stay at home life, why Onward sucks, PS5 controller and Inside Xbox announcements, and oh so much more!

Download (1 hr 19 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Smegma! Save it in a cup with code CAGSMEG20
AND
Passover!
It's not just for Jews, anymore! Visit passover.org for more info!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Hava Naguila - Techno Remix
Outro - Silver Spoons Season 3 Opening and Closing Credits and Theme Song

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't go to sleep late and wake up at like noon my whole life so far. I would get extreme FOMO at missing sunrise, plus I do enjoy tinkering around or playing video games with natural light while nobody can bother me.

Replaceable batteries in controllers are antiquated technology. The best part of my Elite Series 2 controller is that I no longer have to deal with taking out and putting in AA batteries. The Elite pad doesn’t use them, the Switch Pro pad doesn’t use them, and of course the DualShock 4 doesn’t use them. I get good to great battery life on all of those controllers with internal batteries, and plugging in a USB cord is easy and convenient.

Some people like them, some don’t. Either way, they are definitely not antiquated. I prefer replaceable. Batteries are low? It’s an instant swap and I’m back to 100%. With my PS4, I have to swap to a second controller or use it corded. Long term, batteries fail. PS3 controllers are pretty iffy now. But 360 controllers still work great because I can just drop in some new eneloops.

What game is Wombat talking about around the 38/40 minute mark. He never mentioned it? I listened to it twice. It's Warhammer something themed and it's Diablo like.

I prefer replaceable batteries anyway. Especially when they get bloated like the Brook Xbox Controller Adapter that CheapyD bought. It's a pain but you have to buy a special battery pack that drones use to replace it! Otherwise you just threw away $50+

Use the eneloop standard game companies!

What game is Wombat talking about around the 38/40 minute mark. He never mentioned it? I listened to it twice. It's Warhammer something themed and it's Diablo like.
Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor. I was pretty sure I said it but it almost sounds it was accidentally cut in the mix.

Honestly shocked CheapyD and Wombat did not like Onward.  It may not be top 10 Pixar movie but definitely one of best  Pixar endings. When the protagonist looks at the list he had made of things to do with his dad and comes to the realization, I lost it and cried like a baby. And that almost never happens. 

Some people like them, some don’t. Either way, they are definitely not antiquated. I prefer replaceable. Batteries are low? It’s an instant swap and I’m back to 100%. With my PS4, I have to swap to a second controller or use it corded. Long term, batteries fail. PS3 controllers are pretty iffy now. But 360 controllers still work great because I can just drop in some new eneloops.
My 360 controllers have to be plugged in to the console because neither AA batteries, nor the rechargeable battery pack I overpaid for, work on them anymore. In contrast, my PS3 pad from 2009 and my PS4 pad from 2014 still work fine.

Only Xbox players who can't afford an Elite Series 2 are stuck with that outdated tech anymore. Every other controller on the market has got with the times and switched to internal batteries.

I prefer replaceable batteries anyway. Especially when they get bloated like the Brook Xbox Controller Adapter that CheapyD bought. It's a pain but you have to buy a special battery pack that drones use to replace it! Otherwise you just threw away $50+

Use the eneloop standard game companies!
I used eneloop batteries with my standard Xbox One controller until the Elite Series 2 came out, and they didn't last very long between charges. Having my Elite Series 2 pad sitting there on its USB-C cradle, always close to full power, is a massive improvement.

I signed up for 2 free months of Stadia. Been playing Steamworld Quest non-stop. Yall are missin out!!

A few weeks ago we had a heartwarming review by one of Wombat's children. This week we have grown men cry-laughing over uncircumcised drippings.

This is why I still listen to the CAGCast.

Replaceable batteries in controllers are antiquated technology. The best part of my Elite Series 2 controller is that I no longer have to deal with taking out and putting in AA batteries. The Elite pad doesn’t use them, the Switch Pro pad doesn’t use them, and of course the DualShock 4 doesn’t use them. I get good to great battery life on all of those controllers with internal batteries, and plugging in a USB cord is easy and convenient.
I like replacing batteries instead of $50 controller.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LOL I thought I missed something. They talked a good bit without ever mentioning the game. But whatever it was sounds good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So glad xbox will continue using batteries.  Choice is always better than none. 

Also, Wombat ask Ship if he knows what this is.  As I sure as heck remember installing XBLA games I downloaded to it.

800px-Xbox-360-512MB-MemCard.jpg

It’s understandable that Cheapy thought the tornado sirens might be a good thing, given how popular hurricanes are.

I'm not sure what happened as far as advertosers go for this episode, but those "ads" made me laughter at work loud enough to be glad I was in the room alone. You guys have been killing it lately!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back