Will We Ever Get Another Classic Resident Evil Game?

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
So over the past few months I have gone through playing the resident evil games. Having NEVER played one before I managed to finish:

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil Code Veronica

REmake

Resident Evil 2 REmake

Resident Evil 7

first off, holy. cow. this series is unbelievable; quite how I managed to go this long without playing the series Ill never know.

I loved RE2 remake, and 7 was also good, but honestly, the classic Tank Control games are my favorite, the puzzle aspect with the slower paced survival nature I just fell in love with. I think REmake was extremely well done and kept the classic gameplay while upgrading the graphics that still stand up today IMO.

My Question is will we EVER get another classic static camera tank control based RE game? I know theyve gone the path of Remakes like RE2, which I also thought was good, but theres something about the originals that I just thought was unmatched.

PS: I tried loading up RE 5, and within 20 minutes thought to myself...WTF is this lol?

Thoughts?

I can't imagine why there won't be another RE.

Let's be honest, Capcom is going to milk the fuck out of every single remake again, and then there will be new REs that will come out.

Then they will have to remake them again for another re-release, rinse, then repeat once again.

By the time we get to RE10, each version of the game will have 10 versions of their own.

It will be glorious...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those old tank-style games have probably come and gone - at least from Capcom.

I just can't see the developer/publisher making that sort of clunky camera game. Nostalgia is one thing, but Capcom knows no game reviewer is going to award a game like that FROM THEM much higher than 8 or 7, and well, bad to mediocre to average reviews tend not to lead to mega millions sold.

May be an indie developer will pick up and take a shot at an inspired take on the old RE formula, but can't see Capcom bothering with it.

That all said, I didn't see either of the two RE Revelations games on your list. The first one got re-released on PS4 (and I presume Xbone) so you may want to check that series out. It's the last set of tank-style games the company made. The first sold well but that's because the series was built for the tech limited 3DS (so tank inspired and somewhat ugly graphics looked good on that machine). Capcom followed that up with a second title but it was met with moderate/average success (yeah, the 8-7 scores I talked about earlier).

Let's be honest, Capcom is going to milk the fuck out of every single remake again, and then there will be new REs that will come out.
Seems like all companies are milking their old classics these days... not sure Capcom. I think Nintendo is prob the worse, they basically took everything on the Wii U and re-released it on the NS. The PS3/4 are full of remasters/remakes. Hell, even the movie industry does this, by remaking classics.

I think those old tank-style games have probably come and gone - at least from Capcom.
I haven't played either in forever, but doesn't RE4 and 5 use tank controls? It just feels diff due to the over-the-should camera vs the locked camera in the original RE1-3/CVX?

RE4 is probably my favorite. I need to play 6 and 7. 

5 was a lot of fun co-op too. 

Outbreak files, Survivor, and Raccoon City are all different RE games. Hopefully we get a remake of 4

RE4 is probably my favorite. I need to play 6 and 7.

5 was a lot of fun co-op too.

Outbreak files, Survivor, and Raccoon City are all different RE games. Hopefully we get a remake of 4
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1249348828114780160

Of course. How do you think about RE 2 Remake? Is this a good action game for u? I really like this game, since it reminds me about the good tactics like in the Counter-Strike series..  Actually, I like CS GO too. This game has shown up that it can be interesting for any human that is interested in tactical shooters. I really like the multiplayer, however, sometimes it is hard to raise the rank in this game. I noticed that this game requires a lot of personal time for ranking, so I'm thinking to use cs:go boost service. I've heard that this service does a pretty well job, but requires less personal time since there are working only pros.. Suggestion guys?

bread's done
Back