- - - - -

CAGcast #632: TestStop

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18200 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:44 PM

The gang talks NPDs, Moving Out, The Persistence, Knights of Pen & Paper 2, GameStop reopening stores, NVIDIA RTX Voice and so much more! Listen to learn how to win 1 of 5 Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Blu-rays!

Download (1 hr 14 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episode is sponsored by Mack Weldon
For 20% off your first order, visit mackweldon.com and enter promo code CAGCAST.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Tom Budin - Sugar's Delight
Outro - Astrocade TV commercial (1982)

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips, complete episodes, and more!

#2 hoofrog   Game Whore CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:30 PM

I haven't seen the Sonic movie yet, but I imagine in typical sequel fashion, the story will take humans into Sonic's world.

#3 MassiveDuck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

MassiveDuck

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:33 PM

What do i want to see in the next Sonic movie: Hardcore fucking... duh!

I can't find anything like that online currently.

#4 Frank_Crabbe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Frank_Crabbe

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:36 PM

I am really hoping Fiona Apple is in the sequel.

#5 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:44 PM

The sequel needs to somehow interact w/ my Dreamcast VMU.

#6 nubirdman   Shake it Fast, Watch Yourself CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

nubirdman

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:59 PM

I think I need to see more Sonic Racing content, and they can call it "Sonic Drift".

I will see myself out.

#7 cdrober   Too many games & too little time. CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:00 PM

For me I want the sequel to be a team up, with Tails, Knuckles and Sonic all going back to his original planet, which Eggman has somehow gotten to and started to take it over using Robots. Basically anything going back to that planet and not on Earth.

#8 callmesteam   I'm just a dead man. CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

callmesteam

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:09 PM

I need to see some cute animals popping out of cute robots when they get destroyed. Also would be up for Super Sonic or Metal Sonic to show up in the stinger. Don’t need Tails backstory; do need Big the Cat backstory.

#9 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   4019 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:18 PM

I would like to see Tails in the sequel. I haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not sure if he is in the move. Good Luck everyone.

#10 cool_trainer   ポケモンマスター CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

cool_trainer

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:15 PM

I'd like the Sonic sequel to be a musical. I haven't seen the first one yet but I'm sure they can lead into a musical somehow.

#11 TehMuff1nM4n   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

TehMuff1nM4n

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:17 PM

I just want the Sonic sequel to have a guest appearance by Cheapy where he continues the trend to shout BIG ASS CHAINS in random promotional materials.

#12 metallicoholic   Metal 'Til I'm 60 CAGiversary!   1228 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

metallicoholic

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:32 PM

I haven’t seen the Sonic movie yet but I hope there’s a sequence in the sequel where Doctor Robotnik captures Sonic and replaces him with a Robot/Metal Sonic in the hope that no one will notice the real Sonic is gone...and the fake Sonic looks exactly like the original design for Sonic from the first movie.

#13 harrymcback   Tippy Toes CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

harrymcback

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:41 PM

Only pooped in high school if an emergency since the stalls in the boys bathrooms didn't have any doors. Additionally, the stalls were exactly opposite of the mirrors over the sinks so you see people shitting when washing your hands. There were decent bathrooms in the pool locker room and dressing rooms for the theater. 

#14 StrangeBrew   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

StrangeBrew

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:06 PM

It's Knuckles in Sonic 2 or go Fuck your mother.

Toughen up Wombat, you sound like a weak emotional wreck. Set a better example for your family.

#15 chinitoX   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

chinitoX

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:06 PM

i'd like to see tails or Knuckles in the sequel.  maybe a marvel tie in character.  

#16 B0W and Arrow  

B0W and Arrow

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:34 PM

Sonic the Werehog please.

39107_normal.jpg

#17 AceTheGrocer  

AceTheGrocer

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:34 PM

I want the sequel of the Sonic Movie to also serve as the sequel to Balls of Fury.

A Sports Dramedy, Cheapy shows Sonic his FitBit stats of playing Ping Pong and arguing that he burns as many calories as Sonic playing Tennis. Action and Emotion galore!

Sonic 2: Balls of Cheapy

#18 Nomak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:36 PM

Want to see Super Sonic in the sequel.

#19 HailGalvatron   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

HailGalvatron

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:43 PM

I want Sonic to ride around in the Outrun car and I want the Virtua Fighter Characters to by on the antoganist side. That’s all. Maybe tails and knuckles, something like that

#20 cgpartlow  

cgpartlow

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:56 PM

The sequel should star Shadow the Hedgehog and be dark and include guns...It worked really well in the video game space so I think the movie would really benefit from it.

#21 koruwa   Aw yiss CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:23 PM

waiting for knuckles and shadow in the sequel

#22 Creative Name   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Creative Name

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:34 PM

Sonic meets his new sidekick, Wombat the.... wombat. They race through Massapequa zone collecting between 9 and 27 ping pong balls before the evil Dr. Cheapy can use them for Twitch streams that one’s of people asked for. The story culminates in an EPIC discussion where Sonic and Wombat debate Dr. Cheapy about the validity of virus testing at a retail video game store while mildly evil Shipwreck instigates them on. It goes nowhere but manages to be entertaining.

EPILOGUE: V bucks

#23 TheAggroCraig   Hummus! CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

TheAggroCraig

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:53 PM

In the sequel to the Sonic movie I just want Jim Carrey to come back and Fuck with Knuckles as is tradition in the Sonic franchise.

And in regards to the V Bucks thing, having to go to a store to buy the card is already crazy enough nowadays, and I'm curious at how many of their sales actually come from those things. Epic doesn't need to help Gamestop and it's just a matter of time before they go away forever unfortunately.

#24 AriesDog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

AriesDog

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:00 PM

For the Sonic the Hedgehog movie sequel I'd like him to do Wreck-It-Ralph kind of thing but visiting recent modern video games, like Halo and Grand Theft Auto. Having super speed would make them easy for him.

#25 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   5042 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:49 PM

Spoiler

#26 BladeZ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:09 AM

Sonic sequel? LEGO Sonic: The Movie!

#27 Big Papa   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Big Papa

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:40 AM

In the Sonic sequel he needs to enter the Sonic Multiverse and team up with the Sonic from the original trailer so Internet hysteria can happen once again.

#28 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:59 AM

For the Hedgehoggening sequel I'd like to see Robotnik turn the mushroom planet into a tech world that Sonic has to liberate along the lines of the SatAM cartoon

Edit: btw, I hear what Wombat is saying about GameStop focusing on digital cards/codes, but I think I agree with Shipwreck that Epic doesn't get much from the deal. Once a sale like this is shared on CAG and similar places, would the money lost from the discount be made up by sales from GameStop? It wouldn't just be people who are waiting for an excuse to buy a discount card, but people who would normally buy the cards at full price too. So each of those discounted sales to those people is money lost. Epic would also lose money on the sale since GameStop would take a portion of the sale, instead of all the money on a direct sale. So the sales numbers would need to make up for that as well on top of the discount.

#29 tresyn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:04 AM

Super Sonic, Sonic’s friends (Knuckles, Tails, etc.), somehow incorporate Sonic Spinball, and/or animals coming out of destroyed robots.

#30 EveryNewDay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EveryNewDay

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:17 AM

This Sonic movie was way better than it had any right to be. I’d want the sequel to maintain that level of quality & just add a few more characters.