* * * - - 2 votes

Free GTAV (PC) at Epic Store

#31 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:15 AM

The coupon isn't earned for downloading GTA. It's claimable at the start of the sale.

Grabbing GTA is just what most people did first, so it ends up looking that way.

#32 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8942 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:38 AM

The next free games are supposedly Civilization 6, Borderlands Handsome Collection, and Ark Survival Evolved.

Not bad.

#33 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12826 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:23 PM

Those 3 games aren't currently listed on their storefront so it could be legit since they are supposed to be surprises, whereas the normal free games are usually listed as coming soon when they are announced a week in advance.  It also makes the Witcher 3 rumor of next week's game a dumb one since that's currently 4.98 after coupon and I doubt Epic would want to deal with people who would've bought it in the sale requesting refunds.

#34 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:35 AM

They made Witcher 3 ineligible for the coupon today.

#35 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2487 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:26 AM

Those 3 games aren't currently listed on their storefront so it could be legit since they are supposed to be surprises, whereas the normal free games are usually listed as coming soon when they are announced a week in advance.  It also makes the Witcher 3 rumor of next week's game a dumb one since that's currently 4.98 after coupon and I doubt Epic would want to deal with people who would've bought it in the sale requesting refunds.

I agree it's not going to happen but World War Z was given out for free after being on sale and they refunded people automatically. So games that are on sale are not always excluded from the free game list. In fact, they claim that anyone that bought a game within the last two weeks will receive a partial refund for the difference in sale price so at least don't feel afraid to buy a game now just because it may become free later on.

https://twitter.com/...000410935640064

The fact that CDPR changed the price to 1 cent below the coupon threshold would seem like more concrete proof that they will definitely not give Witcher 3 for free and are dead set against it being priced below $14.98 since that's the lowest they ever put it on sale at GOG. 

#36 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44265 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:20 PM

When/where do you collect the 1M in game money?

NVM I see it says 7-10 days from first online play.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#37 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:39 PM

Hey Epic, how about fixing the Epic game launcher so that it is more user friendly to use?   

Also, do we even have wishlists on the epic store?      let's get the basics down. 

#38 Jurai  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

Hey Epic, how about fixing the Epic game launcher so that it is more user friendly to use?   

Also, do we even have wishlists on the epic store?      let's get the basics down. 

cry harder

#39 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8942 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:21 PM

Also, do we even have wishlists on the epic store? let's get the basics down.

Still waiting for that cart..