Free GTAV (PC) at Epic Store

Gta5 is free.
Epic store is down due to high traffic.

Nope, can't see any connection here at all.

epic fail!    let's giveaway GTA5 V for free to entice people to our game launcher.... sneaky and tricksy epicsy

I've been trying since this morning with no luck. Hopefully the store recovers before tonight so we can actually redeem it. 

I just went right in with no problem.....download speed might be an issue though

downloading around 3mbs

Last edited by a moderator:
It just worked for me. I had to hit reload about 2 times and it went through. Now I just need a computer that can actually run it now.

I have the client open and was able to claim the game (though I already own it anyway). Strangely though, everything was in German. Even though in the settings "English" is selected and the check out page was in English.. Everything else - German. If it was in French, I could at least use what I learned.

Far Cry 5 for $5 after the $10 off code.......thoughts? Is it worth a play through? I haven't played a far cry game since far cry 3. 

Far Cry 5 for $5 after the $10 off code.......thoughts? Is it worth a play through? I haven't played a far cry game since far cry 3.
The game editor is probably worth it alone for $5 ... I have it for X1 but might grab it just for the PC boost. One of the most robust editors I’ve seen in a game in awhile.

Has anyone played that game Superliminal? Looked pretty cool and with the $10 coupon I can grab it for $5. Just curious if it's actually worth my time

If you like FC3 and/or FC4: absolutely.

You'll like FC5.

It's a steal for $5.

It's more of the same, more or less...w/ some tweaks, changes, and better graphics, a different setting and whatnot to the FC3 open-world formula.

They're all solid games.

epic fail! let's giveaway GTA5 V for free to entice people to our game launcher.... sneaky and tricksy epicsy
Yep. And it probably worked too.

And then there's also the Free $10 coupon earned for grabbing GTA5...and then buying anything will also net you another $10 coupon that's good until sometimes in November.

Also, probably worked on Rockstar's and Take-2's side, too. I wonder how many people now will get into the MTX-infested & Shark Card-infested waters of GTA: Online b/c of this. They probably wanted & needed more players and revenue for GTA:O - so, they probably figured..."Why not give this one away?"

Plus, this is great promotion for Take-2 and Rockstar...especially if GTA6 is going to be announced soon and/or coming soon.

[attachment=34016:Screenshot_20200515-174431~2.png]

Uh oh, I think they figured out I don't buy anything

Edit: if you get this message and can't redeem it's probably because of your IP, FYI

The coupon isn't earned for downloading GTA. It's claimable at the start of the sale.

Grabbing GTA is just what most people did first, so it ends up looking that way.

Those 3 games aren't currently listed on their storefront so it could be legit since they are supposed to be surprises, whereas the normal free games are usually listed as coming soon when they are announced a week in advance.  It also makes the Witcher 3 rumor of next week's game a dumb one since that's currently 4.98 after coupon and I doubt Epic would want to deal with people who would've bought it in the sale requesting refunds.

Those 3 games aren't currently listed on their storefront so it could be legit since they are supposed to be surprises, whereas the normal free games are usually listed as coming soon when they are announced a week in advance. It also makes the Witcher 3 rumor of next week's game a dumb one since that's currently 4.98 after coupon and I doubt Epic would want to deal with people who would've bought it in the sale requesting refunds.
I agree it's not going to happen but World War Z was given out for free after being on sale and they refunded people automatically. So games that are on sale are not always excluded from the free game list. In fact, they claim that anyone that bought a game within the last two weeks will receive a partial refund for the difference in sale price so at least don't feel afraid to buy a game now just because it may become free later on.

https://twitter.com/galyonkin/status/1129000410935640064

The fact that CDPR changed the price to 1 cent below the coupon threshold would seem like more concrete proof that they will definitely not give Witcher 3 for free and are dead set against it being priced below $14.98 since that's the lowest they ever put it on sale at GOG.

When/where do you collect the 1M in game money?

NVM I see it says 7-10 days from first online play.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Hey Epic, how about fixing the Epic game launcher so that it is more user friendly to use?   

Also, do we even have wishlists on the epic store?      let's get the basics down. 

403 Forbidden
o.png

bread's done
Back