- - - - -

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4) $19 at Walmart YMMV

#1 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:37 AM

Walmart.com has it listed at $29.83 but just tonight I was in Walmart and did a price check and it rang up at $19.00. It was a little more than that since we have 6% sales tax. I don't know if there is a price drop on the Switch version but as with everything it still probably has Nintendo tax.

I had a little bit of credit so I decided to use it and got the game for just under $9. Obviously we would want to get it as cheap as possible and who knows if it will drop to $15 or $10 in the coming months. I've been thinking about it for a while so I just bought it because it was under $20. Another added to the backlog.

(Edit: Now it's $27.20 online so it may drop to $19 online tomorrow.)

#2 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4204 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:03 PM

Brickseek shows its $19 at every store around me.

#3 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6786 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:22 PM

I don't care much for the sequel but WotWW is a great game once you get pass the grindy first few hours. For $19, it's well worth getting for one of the best RPG of the last generation.

#4 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:22 PM

I sure af am not going to Walmart for a video game hopefully Amazon matches.

#5 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13103 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

I sure af am not going to Walmart for a video game hopefully Amazon matches.

I don't think Amazon will match the in store price of $19, they will likely only match the website price of $27.XX (though there is a chance it keeps dropping).

#6 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

I found this too. Specifically the non standard edition... I don't know how many editions of this game there is.

And yeah Amazon will only match the official price

#7 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:04 PM

I found this too. Specifically the non standard edition... I don't know how many editions of this game there is.

And yeah Amazon will only match the official price

The non-standard edition? Are you sure you weren't confused with Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom? That's generally been cheap at many places for a while including the Premium Edition.

I was burned by the Wizards Edition of the first Ni no Kuni on PS3 so I never bought the game. I was waiting for the price drop on the PS4 version. Yes I would have liked it to be even lower but since I had a little bit of credit I decided to just use it when I found out it was $19. $20 and below is the way to go.

#8 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1174 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:21 PM

Grabbed a copy at my local store.
It was marked at $19.

#9 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

The non-standard edition? Are you sure you weren't confused with Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom? That's generally been cheap at many places for a while including the Premium Edition.

I was burned by the Wizards Edition of the first Ni no Kuni on PS3 so I never bought the game. I was waiting for the price drop on the PS4 version. Yes I would have liked it to be even lower but since I had a little bit of credit I decided to just use it when I found out it was $19. $20 and below is the way to go.

Hmm ma8, I'll have. To check

#10 DRFT_IT  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:56 PM

Most stores should have both Switch and PS4 copies for $19. It was part of a huge group of price changes a week or so ago.

#11 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:35 PM

Yeah it was the Revenant Kingdom

#12 SplicedBunny   TheWildBunny CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

SplicedBunny

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

Got a copy at my local Walmart since I had to go buy groceries anyway. They had 5 copies and were marked $19 in the glass case.