- - - - -

Amazon.com - Neogeo Arcade Stick Pro Controller Pack $99.99

#1 crewj   from peru to cebu CAGiversary!   1298 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:34 PM

Neogeo Arcade Stick Pro Controller Pack - HDMI and Gamelinq (PS3, PS4, Switch Connectivity) Included - Neo Geo Pocket
  • Comes with arcade stick Pro, HDMI and gamelinq to use as a Controller for Sony PS3, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
  • 20 Classic SNK fighting games. Ability to plug into a TV to play as a Console or Controller.
  • Controller support for PC, NEOGEO mini and Android. SNK electrostatic style joystick. With gamelinq can also connect to PS3, PS4 or Switch.
  • Compatible with NEOGEO gamepads and another arcade stick Pro
  • 720p HDMI output, 3.5mm audio out jack

https://www.amazon.c...XWR1FY7YDKD9DAS

Any takers?

#2 neonglow   Penguin Shine! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:13 PM

This is the lowest I've seen for the stick and adapter. I'm personally waiting for the $60-70 price range before I bite.

#3 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:15 PM

Also, this controller/console mash-up can be officially upgraded with more Neo Geo arcade titles without resorting to hacks. There are currently 12 additional games to download :

https://www.snk-corp...ickpro/upgrade/

#4 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:43 PM

This is the lowest I've seen for the stick and adapter. I'm personally waiting for the $60-70 price range before I bite.

Yeah, I'd like it to get that low too, but that adapter it comes with put's the controller in that price range (unless you don't care about that). Hmmm, what to do...

#5 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:54 AM

is it PS3/4 and Switch only? or can i also use it on my Windows PC?

#6 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:56 AM

Still feeling a bit burned from the neo geo mini...

#7 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:24 AM

How so? I think that was the most satisfying $30 I've ever spent.

#8 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:26 AM

How so? I think that was the most satisfying $30 I've ever spent.

I thought I was the one who was supposed to be making the jokes around here. Sigh...

#9 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1808 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:08 AM

Yeah, for thirty bucks I can't complain much. Perfect, no, but I always wanted a Neo-Geo arcade cabinet, and this was certainly the cheapest way to do it.

#10 SerBaekin   Stalker CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:47 AM

Anyone who is wondering about the quality of the stick itself, I havent used it but I'm well versed in arcade sticks and parts...

The stick uses Zippy parts, they're actual micro switches for the stick. Not amazing parts, but also not horrific. Sanwa/seimitsu 30mm parts would slot right in for buttons.
The stick itself is really loud because of space in the body of the stick itself. (really loud as in louder than other sticks)

Buuut, its better than the Neo Geo mini as far as emulation options go as well on that front. So all in all, its a pretty good deal if you find it at a price of whatever you feel like a Neo Geo microconsole is worth + price of a decent stick.

#11 gti443   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:29 AM

is it PS3/4 and Switch only? or can i also use it on my Windows PC?

The adapter is PS4/Switch but you don't need the adapter for PC, you just plug it straight in.

I splurged on this for a Lightning deal (with gamepads) a few months back and I would say to buy this as a fight stick first and a mini console second. I haven't had a good fight stick since Mad Catz in PS3 days and its not quite on that level but its WAY better than lower end Hori sticks.

Supposedly pretty easy to mod as well.

#12 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:13 AM

The adapter is PS4/Switch but you don't need the adapter for PC, you just plug it straight in.

I splurged on this for a Lightning deal (with gamepads) a few months back and I would say to buy this as a fight stick first and a mini console second. I haven't had a good fight stick since Mad Catz in PS3 days and its not quite on that level but its WAY better than lower end Hori sticks.

I ordered one for basically this reason. Have a bunch of shmups and other games for Switch/PS4, so it will be nice to have a decent stick to play around with. 

#13 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:31 AM

Ended up getting it after watching some more videos and playing a few more games on the mini, should be here next week. Looking forward to trying it out.

From what I saw online there's nearly a dozen screws on the bottom under some rubber covers and then the bottom can be taken off. After that you can easily swap the buttons and top of the stick. Not sure if the stick itself is easy to replace, but it didn't look like it'd be an issue to replace that either.

#14 ZForce  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:01 AM

I picked one up too, I have a modded Madcatz stick for my PS3/PS4/X1/PC, but I kinda wanted one for Switch, plus it's a mini console as well. 

#15 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:17 PM

I have to hack it though to put Snk vs Capcom on it... The extra pads are on sale for $17.

#16 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1088 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

Gamelinq itself. Good luck finding one.

#17 ka561668   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:03 PM

Had $80 in credit for Amazon so I went in on this. Reviews on Youtube I saw looked decent.

#18 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:22 AM

I picked one up too, I have a modded Madcatz stick for my PS3/PS4/X1/PC, but I kinda wanted one for Switch, plus it's a mini console as well.

Do you have a brook universal fight board in the madcatz?

#19 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3786 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:33 AM

why?