* * - - - 3 votes

GameStop Memorial Day Sale - Buy 2, Get 1 Free on New Games and Much More - 5/22-5/25

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17895 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

https://www.gamestop.com/

#2 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:27 PM

*Looks up a few Switch games*

"This product is excluded from the B2G1 promotion."

#3 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7664 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:12 PM

Grabbed Maneater, Persona 5 Royal Steelbook, and Mario Sonic Olympics 2020, since the 2020 Olympics are now relegated to the alternate universe where Sonic and Mario coexist.

#4 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21146 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:02 PM

*Looks up a few Switch games*

"This product is excluded from the B2G1 promotion."

Not to mention the majority of the games are out of stock anyways too. ;D

#5 Eutaoo  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:12 PM

If any of you are collectors, collectors editions work on this too. Check to see if any clearanced CE's are in your area that you're interested in and you can use that too.

#6 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:02 AM

Grabbed Maneater, Persona 5 Royal Steelbook, and Mario Sonic Olympics 2020, since the 2020 Olympics are now relegated to the alternate universe where Sonic and Mario coexist.

Or the alternative alternate universe with just sonic

#7 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:08 AM

Good for those who can still find good priced CE’s, persona 5 steelbook, FF7 Deluxe. Nothing I’m really interested in that’s available for shipping

Senran Kagura Tailor Made new was available but the other senran kagura weren’t. Wanted to play it for the plot but nvm.

Anyone ever see yakuza song of life premium restock?

#8 SargeSmash   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

SargeSmash

Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:14 AM

Drats, definitely stuff I'd want out of stock already. Ah well, not like I need more to play right now.

Back to my retro gaming!

#9 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1174 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:57 AM

Is store pickup disabled for newer games? I tried both Trials of Mana (PS4) and Maneater (X1) and it doesn't' have the option. 

#10 Eutaoo  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:18 AM

Is store pickup disabled for newer games? I tried both Trials of Mana (PS4) and Maneater (X1) and it doesn't' have the option.

Stores haven't even got shipments of the games. They've only received preordered copies

#11 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6751 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:49 AM

I was able to get breath of the wild, Luigi's mansion 3 and ocotpath in the b2g1, they had to manually override it though

#12 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:16 AM

Finally, a way I can get a deal on that expensive (since it comes with a bunch of extra crap) La-Mulana 1 & 2 collection.

Ended up pairing it with Persona 5 Royal and Langrisser I & II.

Not too bad, though I was annoyed I can't use my $5 pro coupon towards this. Looks like this will be the second month in a row my coupon will be forfeited. This sucks. When stores were open, I was able to at least use the coupon on digital credit, but that won't work online.

#13 wildthing2022000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

wildthing2022000

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:31 AM

Good for those who can still find good priced CE’s, persona 5 steelbook, FF7 Deluxe. Nothing I’m really interested in that’s available for shipping

Senran Kagura Tailor Made new was available but the other senran kagura weren’t. Wanted to play it for the plot but nvm.

Pretty much did that. Got P5 Royal, FF7 Deluxe, and a used copy of FE Encore.

#14 letskissthesky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

letskissthesky

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:58 AM

I picked up both Psikyo limited editions for Switch and Sakura Wars for PS4.

#15 nagpo  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:59 PM

This was great.

I got Trials of Mana

Spyro trilogy

Shenmue 3

dragonquest builders 2

a hat in time

and umihara kawase fresh

All for $180! Thanks for the thread OP

#16 ritchardf  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:18 PM

struggling to find a third $40 game, have the Saints Row the Third Remaster and Bayonetta/Vanquish 10th anniversary. looking at maneater but even $26 seems like too much. wreckfest is an option but it was less than $20 once already.

#17 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:26 PM

struggling to find a third $40 game, have the Saints Row the Third Remaster and Bayonetta/Vanquish 10th anniversary. looking at maneater but even $26 seems like too much. wreckfest is an option but it was less than $20 once already.

In a similar situation I chose a preowned Hyrule Warriors Definitive

#18 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23235 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:54 PM

I picked up both Psikyo limited editions for Switch and Sakura Wars for PS4.

Thanks for the ideas, wanted the Ori Will of the Wisps CE and added Psikyo Brovo (Alpha is sold out) and Sakura Wars. 

#19 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1174 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:32 PM

I play Senran Kagura games for the plot must be the new "I read Playboy for the articles."

#20 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20078 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:40 PM

It is too bad Utawarerumono just missed this deal

#21 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4056 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:57 PM

Didnt pickup much games since there was a client with a bag full of online orders swapping out for complete cases. It was difficult to pair uo any $40 games pokemon dx switch deal of the day $35. Would have got hyrule rules, but the online delivery still charge for shipping even if u order a instore pickup. Some of the new games are price cheaper then preowned.

If anyone is interested, here is my pickup:

Cytus alpha, ghostbusters, and guacamelee all for Nintendo Switch.

Yugioh 1st edition code breaker, rokket revolt, and speed duel ultimate predators decks.

A power rangers coasters $5.98

Spider-Man and dbz shirts $5.98 each.

Catwomen and Batgirl statue.

Dragon quest bring arts and street fighter 2 Ultra Sagat statues.

Sadly no CE in my area.

Ymmv found at Walmart. Dragon Quest builders 2 switch $30.

The SM said they only has 68 hours a week for the store. So be understanding.

I would like to hear what everyone is picking up during this sale. Hope everyone has a safe weekend.

#22 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:05 AM

Gamestop's website is atrocious to navigate, but if you're patient and know what you want to look for, you can find some gems nearby.

Here's what I ended up with at two locations near my home (pickup only, stores are closed). Was able to get some uncommon/rare games and some clearance limited editions.

Jump Force Collector's Edition PS4 New and Sealed (tape not ripped): $53.97

Persona 5 Royal Steelbook Edition PS4 New and Sealed: $49.99 

Langrisser 1&2 Switch New and Sealed: $49.99

AI: The Somnium Files Limited Edition PS4 New and Sealed x2: $44.97 each

Alliance Alive HD Remaster Switch "New" (Not sealed): $39.99

Pokken Tournament DX Switch Preowned w/case: $34.99

Yo-Kai Watch Blasters Red Cat Corps 3ds Preowned w/Case: $34.99

Crystar Day One Edition PS4 New and Sealed: 36.97

Gun Gun Pixies Switch New and Sealed: $29.99

Dusk Diver Switch New and Sealed: $29.99

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky DS Preowned Complete w/case and manual: $29.99

Total after B2G1 was $356.01. Really happy with what I got, all the collectors editions were sealed and in my experience that is rare. In the past I've got a lot of special editions in boxes where the box was not sealed but the game case was. Only disappointment was that Alliance Alive was not sealed. The preowned 3DS and DS games are pretty rare/expensive and I was thrilled they came with case and manual. Pokemon one is in pristine condition too, I feel bad someone probably traded that in for $5 when it's worth $70 but their loss is my gain I guess. And yes I know Gun Gun Pixies is a weeb game, I just like to collect special edition games, it will stay sealed. 

Gamestop in general has a lot of clearance limited editions, I would take advantage of it with the B2G1 on new. Searching "limited edition" or "collectors edition" on the website and just looking at stock nearby might help. In addition to some of the ones I got, Darksiders III collectors and Ni No Kuni collectors were on clearance nearby but I decided to pass on those. My Jump Force collectors says $259.99 on the box... who on earth paid that when it came out?

#23 Eutaoo  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:51 AM

Gamestop's website is atrocious to navigate, but if you're patient and know what you want to look for, you can find some gems nearby.

Here's what I ended up with at two locations near my home (pickup only, stores are closed). Was able to get some uncommon/rare games and some clearance limited editions.

Jump Force Collector's Edition PS4 New and Sealed (tape not ripped): $53.97
Persona 5 Royal Steelbook Edition PS4 New and Sealed: $49.99
Langrisser 1&2 Switch New and Sealed: $49.99
AI: The Somnium Files Limited Edition PS4 New and Sealed x2: $44.97 each
Alliance Alive HD Remaster Switch "New" (Not sealed): $39.99
Pokken Tournament DX Switch Preowned w/case: $34.99
Yo-Kai Watch Blasters Red Cat Corps 3ds Preowned w/Case: $34.99
Crystar Day One Edition PS4 New and Sealed: 36.97
Gun Gun Pixies Switch New and Sealed: $29.99
Dusk Diver Switch New and Sealed: $29.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky DS Preowned Complete w/case and manual: $29.99

Total after B2G1 was $356.01. Really happy with what I got, all the collectors editions were sealed and in my experience that is rare. In the past I've got a lot of special editions in boxes where the box was not sealed but the game case was. Only disappointment was that Alliance Alive was not sealed. The preowned 3DS and DS games are pretty rare/expensive and I was thrilled they came with case and manual. Pokemon one is in pristine condition too, I feel bad someone probably traded that in for $5 when it's worth $70 but their loss is my gain I guess. And yes I know Gun Gun Pixies is a weeb game, I just like to collect special edition games, it will stay sealed.

Gamestop in general has a lot of clearance limited editions, I would take advantage of it with the B2G1 on new. Searching "limited edition" or "collectors edition" on the website and just looking at stock nearby might help. In addition to some of the ones I got, Darksiders III collectors and Ni No Kuni collectors were on clearance nearby but I decided to pass on those. My Jump Force collectors says $259.99 on the box... who on earth paid that when it came out?

The fact that it includes CEs basically makes this sale incredible. I've picked up 3 so far with AI being one of them. Decided I finally should pick up NNK2 as well, as $36 for everything it comes with is incredible. I picked up the Darksiders 3 CE for $26 a few weeks ago, but I feel like that was too much, so smart passing on that one at least.

Lots of amazing deals to be had

#24 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 24 May 2020 - 02:33 AM

The fact that it includes CEs basically makes this sale incredible. I've picked up 3 so far with AI being one of them. Decided I finally should pick up NNK2 as well, as $36 for everything it comes with is incredible. I picked up the Darksiders 3 CE for $26 a few weeks ago, but I feel like that was too much, so smart passing on that one at least.
Lots of amazing deals to be had

Nice! Glad someone else is taking advantage. I'm still on the fence about NNK2, doesn't seem much like of a collectors edition. "Only" 25,000 released seems insanely high. But it is a lot of stuff for essentially $25 after promo... I will keep my AI copies sealed but I heard it's a great game and there's tons near me and probably others if anyone is interested.

#25 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11421 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:13 AM

Glad I checked this thread, didnt realize some of the Figures/Statues on sale were of such value.

Just did a pickup at a store here for the Rabbit Ride Megaman X Nendoroid and a Dragon Quest Alena Bring Arts figure. Also nabbed a copy of the Persona 5 Dancing Endless Night Collection with my monthly coupon, didnt realize there was a B2G1 going on that it qualified for, so I'll see if they will let me do a return/rebuy instore tomorrow. If not I'm still glad to get the game/code considering how fast its going lately and no other stores within 50+ miles had it.

Kind of salty our closed ThinkGeek has a TON of Nendoroid/Bring Art/Figma's for less than $20 currently.

#26 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1761 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:21 AM

Thank you to the posters above for the heads up on pokken dx deal of the day. I didn’t get GameStop’s email today for some reason.

#27 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:40 AM

Went to GameStop today to get a PS4 Controller and to started looking at the Boxes of CE's and stuff they had on the top shelves.

I asked about the Jump Force and the DBZ Kakarot CE's I saw and the employee reminded me of the B2G1, so I went for those 2 and looked around a bit for another game, wanted to get Luigi's Mansion for my GF but Nintendo First Party titles don't qualify

I asked about Doom Eternal which they didn't have in stock, same with Man-eater. My 3rd choice was Persona 5 if they had the Steel Book Edition and they had that but he also mentioned they had The Royal Phantom Thieves Edition as well which surprised me since none showed in stock anywhere in a 100 mile radius since I last checked on Friday.

So random surprise GameStop run today.

Jump Force was 75 bucks, DBZ Kakarot was 170 and Persona 5 RPTE was MSRP 89.99

MqUC7KO.jpg

#28 Rictor   I like big butts... CAGiversary!   2368 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:56 AM

I ordered 100 different Funko Pops at $2.50 each with free shipping after Buy 1 Get 1 Free.  They had some pretty obscure stuff in stock on the website that I've never seen in store.

#29 CGH   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:41 PM

My haul

Street fighter v champion edition new ps4
Mega man zero zx colection new xbox one
xenoblade 3ds

#30 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 24 May 2020 - 04:46 PM

Have people's online orders been moving? Only one of probably 9 items I'm waiting on has shipped. Placed orders early Friday, they are usually very fast to ship for me.