GameStop Memorial Day Sale - Buy 2, Get 1 Free on New Games and Much More - 5/22-5/25

Grabbed Maneater, Persona 5 Royal Steelbook, and Mario Sonic Olympics 2020, since the 2020 Olympics are now relegated to the alternate universe where Sonic and Mario coexist.

If any of you are collectors, collectors editions work on this too. Check to see if any clearanced CE's are in your area that you're interested in and you can use that too.

Good for those who can still find good priced CE’s, persona 5 steelbook, FF7 Deluxe. Nothing I’m really interested in that’s available for shipping

Senran Kagura Tailor Made new was available but the other senran kagura weren’t. Wanted to play it for the plot but nvm.

Anyone ever see yakuza song of life premium restock?

Drats, definitely stuff I'd want out of stock already. Ah well, not like I need more to play right now.

Back to my retro gaming!

Finally, a way I can get a deal on that expensive (since it comes with a bunch of extra crap) La-Mulana 1 & 2 collection.

Ended up pairing it with Persona 5 Royal and Langrisser I & II.

Not too bad, though I was annoyed I can't use my $5 pro coupon towards this. Looks like this will be the second month in a row my coupon will be forfeited. This sucks. When stores were open, I was able to at least use the coupon on digital credit, but that won't work online.

Good for those who can still find good priced CE’s, persona 5 steelbook, FF7 Deluxe. Nothing I’m really interested in that’s available for shipping

Senran Kagura Tailor Made new was available but the other senran kagura weren’t. Wanted to play it for the plot but nvm.

Pretty much did that. Got P5 Royal, FF7 Deluxe, and a used copy of FE Encore.

This was great.

I got Trials of Mana

Spyro trilogy

Shenmue 3

dragonquest builders 2

a hat in time

and umihara kawase fresh

All for $180! Thanks for the thread OP

struggling to find a third $40 game, have the Saints Row the Third Remaster and Bayonetta/Vanquish 10th anniversary. looking at maneater but even $26 seems like too much. wreckfest is an option but it was less than $20 once already.

struggling to find a third $40 game, have the Saints Row the Third Remaster and Bayonetta/Vanquish 10th anniversary. looking at maneater but even $26 seems like too much. wreckfest is an option but it was less than $20 once already.
In a similar situation I chose a preowned Hyrule Warriors Definitive

I play Senran Kagura games for the plot must be the new "I read Playboy for the articles."

Didnt pickup much games since there was a client with a bag full of online orders swapping out for complete cases. It was difficult to pair uo any $40 games pokemon dx switch deal of the day $35. Would have got hyrule rules, but the online delivery still charge for shipping even if u order a instore pickup. Some of the new games are price cheaper then preowned.

If anyone is interested, here is my pickup:

Cytus alpha, ghostbusters, and guacamelee all for Nintendo Switch.

Yugioh 1st edition code breaker, rokket revolt, and speed duel ultimate predators decks.

A power rangers coasters $5.98

Spider-Man and dbz shirts $5.98 each.

Catwomen and Batgirl statue.

Dragon quest bring arts and street fighter 2 Ultra Sagat statues.

Sadly no CE in my area.

Ymmv found at Walmart. Dragon Quest builders 2 switch $30.

The SM said they only has 68 hours a week for the store. So be understanding.

I would like to hear what everyone is picking up during this sale. Hope everyone has a safe weekend.

Gamestop's website is atrocious to navigate, but if you're patient and know what you want to look for, you can find some gems nearby.

Here's what I ended up with at two locations near my home (pickup only, stores are closed). Was able to get some uncommon/rare games and some clearance limited editions.

Jump Force Collector's Edition PS4 New and Sealed (tape not ripped): $53.97

Persona 5 Royal Steelbook Edition PS4 New and Sealed: $49.99 

Langrisser 1&2 Switch New and Sealed: $49.99

AI: The Somnium Files Limited Edition PS4 New and Sealed x2: $44.97 each

Alliance Alive HD Remaster Switch "New" (Not sealed): $39.99

Pokken Tournament DX Switch Preowned w/case: $34.99

Yo-Kai Watch Blasters Red Cat Corps 3ds Preowned w/Case: $34.99

Crystar Day One Edition PS4 New and Sealed: 36.97

Gun Gun Pixies Switch New and Sealed: $29.99

Dusk Diver Switch New and Sealed: $29.99

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky DS Preowned Complete w/case and manual: $29.99

Total after B2G1 was $356.01. Really happy with what I got, all the collectors editions were sealed and in my experience that is rare. In the past I've got a lot of special editions in boxes where the box was not sealed but the game case was. Only disappointment was that Alliance Alive was not sealed. The preowned 3DS and DS games are pretty rare/expensive and I was thrilled they came with case and manual. Pokemon one is in pristine condition too, I feel bad someone probably traded that in for $5 when it's worth $70 but their loss is my gain I guess. And yes I know Gun Gun Pixies is a weeb game, I just like to collect special edition games, it will stay sealed. 

Gamestop in general has a lot of clearance limited editions, I would take advantage of it with the B2G1 on new. Searching "limited edition" or "collectors edition" on the website and just looking at stock nearby might help. In addition to some of the ones I got, Darksiders III collectors and Ni No Kuni collectors were on clearance nearby but I decided to pass on those. My Jump Force collectors says $259.99 on the box... who on earth paid that when it came out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop's website is atrocious to navigate, but if you're patient and know what you want to look for, you can find some gems nearby.

Here's what I ended up with at two locations near my home (pickup only, stores are closed). Was able to get some uncommon/rare games and some clearance limited editions.

Jump Force Collector's Edition PS4 New and Sealed (tape not ripped): $53.97
Persona 5 Royal Steelbook Edition PS4 New and Sealed: $49.99
Langrisser 1&2 Switch New and Sealed: $49.99
AI: The Somnium Files Limited Edition PS4 New and Sealed x2: $44.97 each
Alliance Alive HD Remaster Switch "New" (Not sealed): $39.99
Pokken Tournament DX Switch Preowned w/case: $34.99
Yo-Kai Watch Blasters Red Cat Corps 3ds Preowned w/Case: $34.99
Crystar Day One Edition PS4 New and Sealed: 36.97
Gun Gun Pixies Switch New and Sealed: $29.99
Dusk Diver Switch New and Sealed: $29.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky DS Preowned Complete w/case and manual: $29.99

Total after B2G1 was $356.01. Really happy with what I got, all the collectors editions were sealed and in my experience that is rare. In the past I've got a lot of special editions in boxes where the box was not sealed but the game case was. Only disappointment was that Alliance Alive was not sealed. The preowned 3DS and DS games are pretty rare/expensive and I was thrilled they came with case and manual. Pokemon one is in pristine condition too, I feel bad someone probably traded that in for $5 when it's worth $70 but their loss is my gain I guess. And yes I know Gun Gun Pixies is a weeb game, I just like to collect special edition games, it will stay sealed.

Gamestop in general has a lot of clearance limited editions, I would take advantage of it with the B2G1 on new. Searching "limited edition" or "collectors edition" on the website and just looking at stock nearby might help. In addition to some of the ones I got, Darksiders III collectors and Ni No Kuni collectors were on clearance nearby but I decided to pass on those. My Jump Force collectors says $259.99 on the box... who on earth paid that when it came out?
The fact that it includes CEs basically makes this sale incredible. I've picked up 3 so far with AI being one of them. Decided I finally should pick up NNK2 as well, as $36 for everything it comes with is incredible. I picked up the Darksiders 3 CE for $26 a few weeks ago, but I feel like that was too much, so smart passing on that one at least.

Lots of amazing deals to be had

The fact that it includes CEs basically makes this sale incredible. I've picked up 3 so far with AI being one of them. Decided I finally should pick up NNK2 as well, as $36 for everything it comes with is incredible. I picked up the Darksiders 3 CE for $26 a few weeks ago, but I feel like that was too much, so smart passing on that one at least.
Lots of amazing deals to be had
Nice! Glad someone else is taking advantage. I'm still on the fence about NNK2, doesn't seem much like of a collectors edition. "Only" 25,000 released seems insanely high. But it is a lot of stuff for essentially $25 after promo... I will keep my AI copies sealed but I heard it's a great game and there's tons near me and probably others if anyone is interested.

Glad I checked this thread, didnt realize some of the Figures/Statues on sale were of such value.

Just did a pickup at a store here for the Rabbit Ride Megaman X Nendoroid and a Dragon Quest Alena Bring Arts figure. Also nabbed a copy of the Persona 5 Dancing Endless Night Collection with my monthly coupon, didnt realize there was a B2G1 going on that it qualified for, so I'll see if they will let me do a return/rebuy instore tomorrow. If not I'm still glad to get the game/code considering how fast its going lately and no other stores within 50+ miles had it.

Kind of salty our closed ThinkGeek has a TON of Nendoroid/Bring Art/Figma's for less than $20 currently.

Thank you to the posters above for the heads up on pokken dx deal of the day. I didn’t get GameStop’s email today for some reason.

Went to GameStop today to get a PS4 Controller and to started looking at the Boxes of CE's and stuff they had on the top shelves.

I asked about the Jump Force and the DBZ Kakarot CE's I saw and the employee reminded me of the B2G1, so I went for those 2 and looked around a bit for another game, wanted to get Luigi's Mansion for my GF but Nintendo First Party titles don't qualify

I asked about Doom Eternal which they didn't have in stock, same with Man-eater. My 3rd choice was Persona 5 if they had the Steel Book Edition and they had that but he also mentioned they had The Royal Phantom Thieves Edition as well which surprised me since none showed in stock anywhere in a 100 mile radius since I last checked on Friday.

So random surprise GameStop run today.

Jump Force was 75 bucks, DBZ Kakarot was 170 and Persona 5 RPTE was MSRP 89.99

MqUC7KO.jpg

I ordered 100 different Funko Pops at $2.50 each with free shipping after Buy 1 Get 1 Free.  They had some pretty obscure stuff in stock on the website that I've never seen in store.

Have people's online orders been moving? Only one of probably 9 items I'm waiting on has shipped. Placed orders early Friday, they are usually very fast to ship for me.

Have people's online orders been moving? Only one of probably 9 items I'm waiting on has shipped. Placed orders early Friday, they are usually very fast to ship for me.
My shipments seem very hit or miss... half my items ship within 5-6 hours, the other half takes 3-4 days. Sometimes, it seems like they items that take longer are bundled/from the same store.

Went back in today, returned and rebrought my Persona Dancing, along with Digimon Cyber Sleuth for Switch and Bayonetta/Vanquish for PS4.

Also picked up my Rabbit Ride Megaman X Nendoroid, my Alena Bring Arts Figure, and a Lillith Borderlands statue. Pretty happy overall, those 2 figures alone were probably like 75% off the going MSRP

Went back in today, returned and rebrought my Persona Dancing, along with Digimon Cyber Sleuth for Switch and Bayonetta/Vanquish for PS4.

Also picked up my Rabbit Ride Megaman X Nendoroid, my Alena Bring Arts Figure, and a Lillith Borderlands statue. Pretty happy overall, those 2 figures alone were probably like 75% off the going MSRP
How long ago was your original purchase? I have 3 new games bought back in April from Gamestop.com. They are still unopened, I was hoping to do a return repurchase in store. I just saw that a store near me via Google was opened for business instead of just curbside pickup.

How long ago was your original purchase? I have 3 new games bought back in April from Gamestop.com. They are still unopened, I was hoping to do a return repurchase in store. I just saw that a store near me via Google was opened for business instead of just curbside pickup.
It was placed on Friday and picked up Saturday

Every time GameStop has a B2G1 free sale they are always out of the games i'm interested in. It's no wonder they are going bankrupt if you have people wanting to buy what you'r selling but you don't have it available. Amazon has the games available but don't recall the last time they had a B2G1 free sale.

Hi. So i did a online order. 1 game ship, 2 games pickup. The 1 game ship is preparing shipment. The store pickup is for 1 game, but the other free game is cancelled. Ordered traveler, dusk diver, and gun gun pixels. Does it still charge like b2g1 or would price adjust on credit card? Never ran into this issue before.

Hi. So i did a online order. 1 game ship, 2 games pickup. The 1 game ship is preparing shipment. The store pickup is for 1 game, but the other free game is cancelled. Ordered traveler, dusk diver, and gun gun pixels. Does it still charge like b2g1 or would price adjust on credit card? Never ran into this issue before.
You said the store pickup is for 2 games, then said 1 game, then said the "other" free game, so I'm confused. If the store pickup was for 2 games, and your only free game was the one that got cancelled, you're screwed. I'd call the store (which I had to do today to get my order cancelled after they cancelled the free game) and see if theyll cancel the pickup order for you, and ask if they'd be able to cancel the whole thing for you too. Though I don't think theyll be able to since I'm not sure if theyll have the complete transaction info.

Does Saints Row 3R not count for the B2G1? It says it does, but in my cart its not taking away the discount with 3 games.

EDIT: Nvm, it does after trying 3 copies of it, but it doesn't work in my cart with Octopath and Crystar. Weird.

You said the store pickup is for 2 games, then said 1 game, then said the "other" free game, so I'm confused. If the store pickup was for 2 games, and your only free game was the one that got cancelled, you're screwed. I'd call the store (which I had to do today to get my order cancelled after they cancelled the free game) and see if theyll cancel the pickup order for you, and ask if they'd be able to cancel the whole thing for you too. Though I don't think theyll be able to since I'm not sure if theyll have the complete transaction info.
Sorry.

Game 1 is prepare for ship.

Game 2 and 3 are store pickup, but only one game is available and the other free game got cancelled.

Wanted to know how the billing reflects it. Does it discount the other 2 games since the third free game was unavailable?

Sorry.
Game 2 and 3 are store pickup, but only one game is available and the other free game got cancelled.
Wanted to know how the billing reflects it. Does it discount the other 2 games since the third free game was unavailable?
Whatever your third game was is the free game, if that's the game that got cancelled, you paid full price for two games. If the cancelled one was the first or second item in your cart you got B1G1 instead. System is super dumb this way. In my experience I usually make sure my "rarer" games I pickup in store are not the free game, as these are more likely to not actually be in stock and therefore cancelled. I also always use PayPal because it's very easy to see exactly which games you are being charged for and the breakdown.

Does Saints Row 3R not count for the B2G1? It says it does, but in my cart its not taking away the discount with 3 games.

EDIT: Nvm, it does after trying 3 copies of it, but it doesn't work in my cart with Octopath and Crystar. Weird.
Octopath probably won’t work since it was DotD

Sorry.

You're going to be buy for 2 games in full, GS does not factor in any kind of partial price discount for these buy X, get y sales. If your free game doesn't ship, you're screwed. You can call their customer support- seems like some people are having some luck getting them to fix these types of issues- but I've had this happen to me twice wherein my free game was canceled and they did nothing to fix it (even though they said they would).

You're going to be buy for 2 games in full, GS does not factor in any kind of partial price discount for these buy X, get y sales. If your free game doesn't ship, you're screwed. You can call their customer support- seems like some people are having some luck getting them to fix these types of issues- but I've had this happen to me twice wherein my free game was canceled and they did nothing to fix it (even though they said they would).
Here is what it looks like in this order:
5 items

Dusk diver $29.99 pickup ready

Action figure $11.94 prepare shipment

Octopath traveler $49.99 prepare shipment (dotd)

Gun gun pixels $29.99 the free game pickup cancelled.

Shipping & Handling

$4.99

Estimated Tax
$2.94

Order Discount

- $57.97

Total

$41.88

I wasnt thinking of the order placement and ready wanted Octopath traveler. Dusk driver and gun gun pixels wasnt sure about, but needed $30 games to pair up.
This looks funny and not sure if later on it will readjust after the Octopath ships and picking up Dusk diver.

Sorry everyone, normally dont order online much and rather do instore, but Octopath was DOTD shipment only.

If the two paid games are >$35 (threshold for free shipping), I put the free game for instore pickup.  I also call the store beforehand and verify that they have the game physically available.  This also provides a chance to ask about the condition (still sealed, complete with original artwork, etc).

It's like dealing with children, it helps to eliminate some of the ways they could screw up.

I'm getting Mario Maker 2 (shipped), Yoshi's Crafted World (pickup), and Link's Awakening (pickup). For some reason it's still charging me for shipping of Mario Maker even though it's over the free shipping threshold.

bread's done
Back