* * - - - 3 votes

GameStop Memorial Day Sale - Buy 2, Get 1 Free on New Games and Much More - 5/22-5/25

#31 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23568 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 04:49 PM

Have people's online orders been moving? Only one of probably 9 items I'm waiting on has shipped. Placed orders early Friday, they are usually very fast to ship for me.

My shipments seem very hit or miss... half my items ship within 5-6 hours, the other half takes 3-4 days. Sometimes, it seems like they items that take longer are bundled/from the same store. 

#32 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11451 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:53 PM

Went back in today, returned and rebrought my Persona Dancing, along with Digimon Cyber Sleuth for Switch and Bayonetta/Vanquish for PS4.

Also picked up my Rabbit Ride Megaman X Nendoroid, my Alena Bring Arts Figure, and a Lillith Borderlands statue. Pretty happy overall, those 2 figures alone were probably like 75% off the going MSRP

#33 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:44 PM

Went back in today, returned and rebrought my Persona Dancing, along with Digimon Cyber Sleuth for Switch and Bayonetta/Vanquish for PS4.

Also picked up my Rabbit Ride Megaman X Nendoroid, my Alena Bring Arts Figure, and a Lillith Borderlands statue. Pretty happy overall, those 2 figures alone were probably like 75% off the going MSRP

How long ago was your original purchase? I have 3 new games bought back in April from Gamestop.com. They are still unopened, I was hoping to do a return repurchase in store. I just saw that a store near me via Google was opened for business instead of just curbside pickup.

#34 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11451 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:52 PM

How long ago was your original purchase? I have 3 new games bought back in April from Gamestop.com. They are still unopened, I was hoping to do a return repurchase in store. I just saw that a store near me via Google was opened for business instead of just curbside pickup.

It was placed on Friday and picked up Saturday

#35 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:14 AM

Picked up Astral Chain and DKTF Switch and FF7 Remake.

#36 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:51 AM

If I use a $15 off an online item for a $39.99 game and drop it to $24.99, would I be able to get two $19.99 and get a free one?

#37 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2806 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:56 AM

If I use a $15 off an online item for a $39.99 game and drop it to $24.99, would I be able to get two $19.99 and get a free one?

Instore, yes.  But I wouldn't attempt online as many have reported that the online certs do not apply in many/all circumstances. 

#38 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 25 May 2020 - 02:00 AM

Instore, yes. But I wouldn't attempt online as many have reported that the online certs do not apply in many/all circumstances.

Right on! I figured if it doesn’t work, I’ll just get a single game.

#39 DaBears34yo  

DaBears34yo

Posted 25 May 2020 - 02:41 AM

Every time GameStop has a B2G1 free sale they are always out of the games i'm interested in. It's no wonder they are going bankrupt if you have people wanting to buy what you'r selling but you don't have it available. Amazon has the games available but don't recall the last time they had a B2G1 free sale.

#40 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:34 AM

Hi. So i did a online order. 1 game ship, 2 games pickup. The 1 game ship is preparing shipment. The store pickup is for 1 game, but the other free game is cancelled. Ordered traveler, dusk diver, and gun gun pixels. Does it still charge like b2g1 or would price adjust on credit card? Never ran into this issue before.

#41 Eutaoo  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:38 AM

Hi. So i did a online order. 1 game ship, 2 games pickup. The 1 game ship is preparing shipment. The store pickup is for 1 game, but the other free game is cancelled. Ordered traveler, dusk diver, and gun gun pixels. Does it still charge like b2g1 or would price adjust on credit card? Never ran into this issue before.

You said the store pickup is for 2 games, then said 1 game, then said the "other" free game, so I'm confused. If the store pickup was for 2 games, and your only free game was the one that got cancelled, you're screwed. I'd call the store (which I had to do today to get my order cancelled after they cancelled the free game) and see if theyll cancel the pickup order for you, and ask if they'd be able to cancel the whole thing for you too. Though I don't think theyll be able to since I'm not sure if theyll have the complete transaction info.

#42 Eutaoo  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:39 AM

Does Saints Row 3R not count for the B2G1? It says it does, but in my cart its not taking away the discount with 3 games.

EDIT: Nvm, it does after trying 3 copies of it, but it doesn't work in my cart with Octopath and Crystar. Weird.

#43 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:43 AM

You said the store pickup is for 2 games, then said 1 game, then said the "other" free game, so I'm confused. If the store pickup was for 2 games, and your only free game was the one that got cancelled, you're screwed. I'd call the store (which I had to do today to get my order cancelled after they cancelled the free game) and see if theyll cancel the pickup order for you, and ask if they'd be able to cancel the whole thing for you too. Though I don't think theyll be able to since I'm not sure if theyll have the complete transaction info.

Sorry.

Game 1 is prepare for ship.

Game 2 and 3 are store pickup, but only one game is available and the other free game got cancelled.

Wanted to know how the billing reflects it. Does it discount the other 2 games since the third free game was unavailable?

#44 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:09 AM

Sorry.
Game 2 and 3 are store pickup, but only one game is available and the other free game got cancelled.
Wanted to know how the billing reflects it. Does it discount the other 2 games since the third free game was unavailable?

Whatever your third game was is the free game, if that's the game that got cancelled, you paid full price for two games. If the cancelled one was the first or second item in your cart you got B1G1 instead. System is super dumb this way. In my experience I usually make sure my "rarer" games I pickup in store are not the free game, as these are more likely to not actually be in stock and therefore cancelled. I also always use PayPal because it's very easy to see exactly which games you are being charged for and the breakdown.

#45 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:58 AM

Does Saints Row 3R not count for the B2G1? It says it does, but in my cart its not taking away the discount with 3 games.

EDIT: Nvm, it does after trying 3 copies of it, but it doesn't work in my cart with Octopath and Crystar. Weird.

Octopath probably won’t work since it was DotD

#46 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23568 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:15 PM

Sorry.

You're going to be buy for 2 games in full, GS does not factor in any kind of partial price discount for these buy X, get y sales. If your free game doesn't ship, you're screwed. You can call their customer support- seems like some people are having some luck getting them to fix these types of issues- but I've had this happen to me twice wherein my free game was canceled and they did nothing to fix it (even though they said they would). 

#47 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:27 PM

You're going to be buy for 2 games in full, GS does not factor in any kind of partial price discount for these buy X, get y sales. If your free game doesn't ship, you're screwed. You can call their customer support- seems like some people are having some luck getting them to fix these types of issues- but I've had this happen to me twice wherein my free game was canceled and they did nothing to fix it (even though they said they would).

Here is what it looks like in this order:
5 items

Dusk diver $29.99 pickup ready

Action figure $11.94 prepare shipment

Octopath traveler $49.99 prepare shipment (dotd)

Gun gun pixels $29.99 the free game pickup cancelled.

Shipping & Handling

$4.99

Estimated Tax
$2.94

Order Discount

- $57.97

Total

$41.88

I wasnt thinking of the order placement and ready wanted Octopath traveler. Dusk driver and gun gun pixels wasnt sure about, but needed $30 games to pair up.
This looks funny and not sure if later on it will readjust after the Octopath ships and picking up Dusk diver.

Sorry everyone, normally dont order online much and rather do instore, but Octopath was DOTD shipment only.

#48 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2806 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:36 PM

If the two paid games are >$35 (threshold for free shipping), I put the free game for instore pickup.  I also call the store beforehand and verify that they have the game physically available.  This also provides a chance to ask about the condition (still sealed, complete with original artwork, etc).

It's like dealing with children, it helps to eliminate some of the ways they could screw up.

#49 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

I'm getting Mario Maker 2 (shipped), Yoshi's Crafted World (pickup), and Link's Awakening (pickup). For some reason it's still charging me for shipping of Mario Maker even though it's over the free shipping threshold.

#50 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5729 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

Only games that are being shipped count towards the free shipping threshold. If you're picking up any games locally, they don't count towards the $35 minimum.

#51 Eutaoo  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:17 PM

Octopath probably won’t work since it was DotD

I did end up getting it to work, but there was something that blocked it from working with SR3. Same with Maneater. Maybe because they were new titles and that countered the DOTD..? Only thing I can think of.

Here is what it looks like in this order:
5 items

Dusk diver $29.99 pickup ready

Action figure $11.94 prepare shipment

Octopath traveler $49.99 prepare shipment (dotd)

Gun gun pixels $29.99 the free game pickup cancelled.

Shipping & Handling

$4.99

Estimated Tax
$2.94

Order Discount

- $57.97

Total

$41.88

I wasnt thinking of the order placement and ready wanted Octopath traveler. Dusk driver and gun gun pixels wasnt sure about, but needed $30 games to pair up.
This looks funny and not sure if later on it will readjust after the Octopath ships and picking up Dusk diver.

Sorry everyone, normally dont order online much and rather do instore, but Octopath was DOTD shipment only.

Did you not have any copies of Octopath available for pickup? It let me select pickup with the two other games I bought.

#52 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:47 PM

Only games that are being shipped count towards the free shipping threshold. If you're picking up any games locally, they don't count towards the $35 minimum.

Mario Maker is $54.99. I got it sorted out after adding and removing different games. It's a little glitchy.

#53 kingwormer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

kingwormer

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:59 PM

Ok read through that,  it sure I found my answer. Let’s say game one is for ship and cost 50. Game two is for ship also and is the free one. Now game three is pickup and 50. When I get there is gutted and I refuse it.  What happens to the two games I’m waiting to ship?

#54 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2163 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:15 PM

Death Stranding is the DOTD at $24.99 used, the site will not allow me to search for used!  I actually had to do a "new" search to see where it was available used.  Not taking the long drive to get it so shipping it is. 

They are also not allowing me to apply my monthly $5 PUR to the total.  When I enter my PRO account and pin number it says my gift card balance is $0 even though I haven't used it this month. I'm guessing it's because all three games ended up being used copies.  Still kinda BS.  Of course I could just be screwing something up, I don't normally order online because I want to see what I get.

Don't trawl this site as much as I used to so sorry if this is common knowledge to the regulars.

#55 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Ok read through that, it sure I found my answer. Let’s say game one is for ship and cost 50. Game two is for ship also and is the free one. Now game three is pickup and 50. When I get there is gutted and I refuse it. What happens to the two games I’m waiting to ship?

Ok read through that, it sure I found my answer. Let’s say game one is for ship and cost 50. Game two is for ship also and is the free one. Now game three is pickup and 50. When I get there is gutted and I refuse it. What happens to the two games I’m waiting to ship?

You get buy one get one on the shipped games. Congrats you just realized a flaw that every retailer but GameStop would fix.

#56 shwelding  

shwelding

Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:31 PM

Hey guys, I'm trying to pick up a funko pop that is 30% off today but it wont let me add the $5 PUR. Do any of you guys know if they'll let me use the $5 code if i purchase it in store?

#57 IAMSAM34  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:43 PM

Hey guys, I'm trying to pick up a funko pop that is 30% off today but it wont let me add the $5 PUR. Do any of you guys know if they'll let me use the $5 code if i purchase it in store?

Call the store

#58 Eutaoo  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:41 PM

You get buy one get one on the shipped games. Congrats you just realized a flaw that every retailer but GameStop would fix.

Exactly. It would be a benefit to THEM if they were to pro rate the B2G1 and B2G2 deals, even if they get abused like targets (where you can cancel immediately, or in GS' case, return the ones you don't want).

#59 Jommy   I wish I could come up with a cool title CAGiversary!   2074 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:06 PM

Has anyone tried store pickup? How fast are they responding to those orders? I placed mine yesterday but haven't gotten a confirmation yet.

#60 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4304 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:20 PM

Has anyone tried store pickup? How fast are they responding to those orders? I placed mine yesterday but haven't gotten a confirmation yet.

I did store pickup and went in and got my items the next day.