Xbox Game Pass on PC, $1 first month then a promotional price of $5/month After

Smallville123

CAGiversary!
I can't find a any threads on this so, I though I'd share. Right now the first month is $1 dollar and after that it's $5 per month for the foreseeable future (as everyone has pointed out this is not "locked in".) Normally $10 per month. There are a lot of Xbox exclusive's on there as well as plenty of third party games. No contracts either.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?&ef_id=CjwKCAjw2a32BRBXEiwAUcugiLSOvOd8md2OCFegrEDxiY2pl1ZG5c2AMXX2LY14eUCFOvG6XlW0QxoCsDkQAvD_BwE:G:s&OCID=AID2000131_SEM_CjwKCAjw2a32BRBXEiwAUcugiLSOvOd8md2OCFegrEDxiY2pl1ZG5c2AMXX2LY14eUCFOvG6XlW0QxoCsDkQAvD_BwE:G:s

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's a locked in price at $5. Unless if I'm reading this wrong:

Membership continues to be charged at the then-current price (subject to change; plus applicable taxes) unless cancelled.

Sounds like they're going to charge whatever the monthly rate is, not the rate of when you signed up. That would mean the rate of $5/mo isn't locked in.

It's been this price for a while.  $5 is the montly  promo price for as long as they call the xbox app "in beta"

Also, you can get it even cheaper by stacking ultimate.  Source:  Have ultimate until May 2023.

I don't think it's a locked in price at $5. Unless if I'm reading this wrong:

Membership continues to be charged at the then-current price (subject to change; plus applicable taxes) unless cancelled.

Sounds like they're going to charge whatever the monthly rate is, not the rate of when you signed up. That would mean the rate of $5/mo isn't locked in.
Maybe they will change it eventually. If you look under subscriptions it says 4.99/month

Good luck with the app. Also, not all games are available for both xbox and PC etc.

it even says "limited time price of $5/month", nothing about it being locked

I do think gamepass is an amazing deal and i'm subbed for years, but dont want false information being spread.

it even says "limited time price of $5/month", nothing about it being locked

I do think gamepass is an amazing deal and i'm subbed for years, but dont want false information being spread.
Edited the title and post because people get hung on on certain phrases. Even if they change the price eventually, RIGHT NOW, it's a good deal.

It's been this price for a while. $5 is the montly promo price for as long as they call the xbox app "in beta"

Also, you can get it even cheaper by stacking ultimate. Source: Have ultimate until May 2023.
What's the best way of doing this currently? Right now, I am subbed to Ultimate until Aug 2022 but I definitely want it extend it as far out as possible.

What's the best way of doing this currently? Right now, I am subbed to Ultimate until Aug 2022 but I definitely want it extend it as far out as possible.
simplest is the $1 conversion, but it sounds like you've used it.

Personally what I've done is stack 3-month PC game pass promo codes. They convert to 2mo ultimate each and stack indefinitely - as long as your account is already Ultimate and has never used a 3-month pc GP promo (straight up without converting). I got them for free from buying pc hardware. You can usually get them ~$9 from seedy keys or other people who know how to sell the Microsoft codes. I was selling them on this site but recently sold out.

Gamepass PC has been pretty neat for me.  I've always been a console gamer (and had Gamepass Ultimate) but got a gaming PC recently and Gamepass just dumped a bunch of free stuff in my lap.  I'm still impressed that I can play stuff like Gears Tactics for free on day one.

I realize this sounds like an advertisement, but I just wanted to say something positive for anyone on the fence.  I can't comment how good the service would be if I wasn't getting console games, too, but I think it would still be a good deal.

simplest is the $1 conversion, but it sounds like you've used it.

Personally what I've done is stack 3-month PC game pass promo codes. They convert to 2mo ultimate each and stack indefinitely - as long as your account is already Ultimate and has never used a 3-month pc GP promo (straight up without converting). I got them for free from buying pc hardware. You can usually get them ~$9 from seedy keys or other people who know how to sell the Microsoft codes. I was selling them on this site but recently sold out.
They work on Xbox One too right? My current game pass ultimate sub also works for PC. So you're paying $4.50 a month for Ultimate basically? $54 for the year?

They work on Xbox One too right? My current game pass ultimate sub also works for PC. So you're paying $4.50 a month for Ultimate basically? $54 for the year?
there's only one version of ultimate, and it gives the account both console and pc game pass.

I did't pay anything for my codes, but yeah your math is correct assuming you buy them at $9 apiece and apply them to an Ultimate account

there's only one version of ultimate, and it gives the account both console and pc game pass.

I did't pay anything for my codes, but yeah your math is correct assuming you buy them at $9 apiece and apply them to an Ultimate account
Ok cool. I hardly ever play online so just game pass would be fine for me. I'll keep a look out for any deals.

Yes, the app is trash, but there are a ton of PC games on it.  It is well worth $5 per month.

You can alternately install things through the Windows App Store, which is also trash.

I'm not sure why they can't make an app that can download stuff.  Steam, etc, download things fast without a hitch.

Yes, the app is trash, but there are a ton of PC games on it. It is well worth $5 per month.

You can alternately install things through the Windows App Store, which is also trash.

I'm not sure why they can't make an app that can download stuff. Steam, etc, download things fast without a hitch.
I have no issues with the app or the Windows store. Plus, it is labeled as a beta so, different hardware might have bugs.

I have no issues with the app or the Windows store. Plus, it is labeled as a beta so, different hardware might have bugs.
That's good. It is a massive chore even performing the simple act of downloading a game for me. Seems like that is about the bare minimum one could ask for.

Great deal for $1, though, and great deal for $5. It does lock in at $5, but they have the option of at some point saying, "We are not increasing the price to blah blah," and if you don't cancel you're effed. You can also turn off auto-renew.

I've been turning off auto-renew, then renewing again for $1. I'll probably just leave it at $5 now until they raise it to something I don't want to pay.

That's good. It is a massive chore even performing the simple act of downloading a game for me. Seems like that is about the bare minimum one could ask for.

Great deal for $1, though, and great deal for $5. It does lock in at $5, but they have the option of at some point saying, "We are not increasing the price to blah blah," and if you don't cancel you're effed. You can also turn off auto-renew.

I've been turning off auto-renew, then renewing again for $1. I'll probably just leave it at $5 now until they raise it to something I don't want to pay.
That sucks. All I do is find the game I want and just click install. No muss, no fuss

bread's done
Back