* * * * - 4 votes

Nintendo 2DS XL System w/ Mario Kart 7 Pre-installed, Black & Turquoise $99.99 @Walmart

#1 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:11 AM

Brand New 2DS XL with Mario Kart 7 Pre-installed Black & Turquoise from Walmart (Restocked)

https://www.walmart....fGwQ0&sharedid=

#2 ctrek3   for pony CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:00 PM

Thank you so much OP, I've been looking for these or a new 3ds xl for my son so he would have his own , and I did not realize Nintendo had discontinued these things.  

So glad I don't have to pay crazy prices now

#3 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

Thanks Op. I don’t check CAG as much as I used to but I’m glad I checked this morning. I guess I missed out on these being clearanced. There’s not much stock to be found anywhere.

#4 Laser_Printer  

Laser_Printer

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:56 PM

I came here to post just this. If anyone wants one I can still order here, I picked one up at my local Wal-Mart this morning. Was the last one otherwise I'd pick up a few.

EDIT: Walmart let place and are shipping 5 seperate orders for me, I'm keeping 2 for me and myself and the rest I'm probably gonna sell at cost + shipping on CAG to those interested since more than likely these are sold out judging by the amount on ebay.

#5 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:33 PM

There is a massive rumor going around that Nintendo is stopping production on these soon

#6 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:06 PM

There is a massive rumor going around that Nintendo is stopping production on these soon

I'm surprised there is even this restock (though it's likely from their warehouses in America that they closed down once COVID started). There isn't any new 3DS games or AAA games for it either. This might be the last stretch for the 2DS.

#7 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:23 PM

Got one for a backup last week, just opened it today to see if it was in working order before I shelve it, and yikes...they sure did cut costs with this one. Cheap plastic casing that feels like a rumble pack when the volume is turned all the way up with how they positioned the speakers, and the flap that covers the cartridge slot feels terribly fragile. I also quickly realized it's not the perfect replacement for games that used the circle pad pro such as Resident Evil: Revelations because there is no extra set of shoulder buttons, so even though you have that extra stick...you can't aim as there's only one control scheme that makes use of it (dang it!). I was half tempted to return the thing, but given they're out of production and my 3DS XL will probably kick the bucket eventually, having a new extra one on hand would be nice. Good deal I guess, but if you can find a used deal on an older model in decent condition, that would probably be the way to go.

#8 Sgt Barone   CAG since 2008 CAGiversary!   2040 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:46 PM

Picked the last one up at my local Walmart tonight. Haven’t seen this version in the wild in over 6 months. This may be the last shipment we get.

#9 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:19 AM

Picked mine up.  First time I've been to Wal-Mart since corona, and first time I've used the order pickup tower.  Like others, keeping it as a backup for my New 3DS XL.

#10 Jmedwards84  

Jmedwards84

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:07 AM

I came here to post just this. If anyone wants one I can still order here, I picked one up at my local Wal-Mart this morning. Was the last one otherwise I'd pick up a few.

EDIT: Walmart let place and are shipping 5 seperate orders for me, I'm keeping 2 for me and myself and the rest I'm probably gonna sell at cost + shipping on CAG to those interested since more than likely these are sold out judging by the amount on ebay.

If you sell one let me know i wasnt able to buy one before they sold out :(

#11 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:14 AM

If you sell one let me know i wasnt able to buy one before they sold out :(

They’re back in stock.

#12 Jmedwards84  

Jmedwards84

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:27 AM

Good looking dude. Got one!

#13 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1349 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:11 AM

Picked one up for a backup.  End of the 3DS era.  Thanks OP!

#14 SRL1  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:42 PM

picked up 3, one for each back home. 

#15 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11672 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:12 PM

Makes sense if they are only selling 500k or less a year in last fiscal year. Nintendo probably wants to forget the 3ds ASAP and focus on switch stock which seems to be a issue as of late.

#16 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:23 PM

Question for those who got one, were there any seals on your box?  I just received mine from an online order and there were no sticker seals on it at all.

#17 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:24 PM

Question for those who got one, were there any seals on your box? I just received mine from an online order and there were no sticker seals on it at all.

Even the Switch comes with no stickers or other seals. As long as nothing is missing, you’re good.

#18 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:35 PM

Even the Switch comes with no stickers or other seals. As long as nothing is missing, you’re good.

Thanks, it doesn't seem like it?  Inside were the system, a charger, quick start pamphlet, and a pack of AR cards.  There was an empty cardboard sleeve but I assume it was only there to keep the charger in place inside the box.

#19 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:47 PM

That freaked me out when I bought my switch lite, but when I bought the regular switch I was prepared. It is pretty strange that they don't seal their packages in any way.

#20 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:57 PM

That freaked me out when I bought my switch lite, but when I bought the regular switch I was prepared. It is pretty strange that they don't seal their packages in any way.

Yeah, what makes it weirder is that I got some of the Labo kits that went on sale and they each have a sticker seal.  I guess it makes some sense because those are typically found on open shelves whereas consoles are locked in cabinets.

#21 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:29 AM

Question for those who got one, were there any seals on your box? I just received mine from an online order and there were no sticker seals on it at all.

Nintendo doesn't put seals on their consoles afaik or haven't done so in a long time anyway

#22 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:54 AM

Nintendo doesn't put seals on their consoles afaik or haven't done so in a long time anyway

Depends on the set and not sure how they come up with which one gets a seal or not.

Some DS and 3DS have seals. I don't recall seeing any for Wii Us or Wiis though.

#23 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:44 PM

GameStop is running 2 for $10ea on select pre-owned Nintendo games under $20. I just ordered Mario 3D world, Ocarina, Link between worlds, and Luigi's Mansion 2 for $40+tax, shipped.

Certain titles are excluded (eg, Majora's mask and AC:New Leaf). I hate supporting GS, but I'm a deal whore apparently.

#24 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

GameStop is running 2 for $10ea on select pre-owned Nintendo games under $20. I just ordered Mario 3D world, Ocarina, Link between worlds, and Luigi's Mansion 2 for $40+tax, shipped.

Certain titles are excluded (eg, Majora's mask and AC:New Leaf). I hate supporting GS, but I'm a deal whore apparently.

Sweet deal, thanx

#25 Leowned   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:06 PM

2DS XL back in stock for shipping if anyone still wants one.

#26 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:37 PM

Did that gamestop deal last week. All 15 3ds games without cases.

#27 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:38 PM

Did that gamestop deal last week. All 15 3ds games without cases.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s policy now to throw the cases out immediately. They just put the game cards in that glass case for display. It’s safe to say you will never get the case with 3DS game purchases anymore.

#28 jrc84  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:46 PM

GS has been doing up to 50% $100+ order $19.99 and under used games. They ran this deal 3x recently I believe and last weekend I ordered 6 3DS games for $58 shipped right after picking up my 2DS. Just an FYI...don't expect cases or manuals, but carts came in great shape.

#29 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:35 PM

GS has been doing up to 50% $100+ order $19.99 and under used games. They ran this deal 3x recently I believe and last weekend I ordered 6 3DS games for $58 shipped right after picking up my 2DS. Just an FYI...don't expect cases or manuals, but carts came in great shape.

Thanks.

Cases for this system/generation of games don't matter to me, but I appreciate the heads up. I'm happy with $10/ea for these titles but I'll totally keep an eye out for the 50% off for the titles I was less sure about.

#30 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:50 PM

I'm too paranoid to order used DS/3DS games with the amount of fakes circulating out there.