* * * * - 4 votes

Nintendo 2DS XL System w/ Mario Kart 7 Pre-installed, Black & Turquoise $99.99 @Walmart

#121 jrc84  

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

You could do an account transfer from the black one to the purple one, but then all games tied to that account will be on the purple 3DS, really no other way to do it other than buying the game again unfortunately

Damn Nintendo...not very family friendly in this aspect. Any way to move the save game files to another account?

I assume the mario cart is tied to the system or account? Don't need two tied to the purple one...

#122 Outlaw1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Outlaw1986

Posted 20 June 2020 - 12:10 AM

Thanks! Just got mine in today! Ordered a memory card and a pokemon game from Best Buy for it with a gift card I had. Is there internal storage on it if I turn it on and get my account on it? Then I guess download Mario Kart and I bought Pokemon Gold digital download also or should I wait for my memory card to get here? Literally Pokemon Gold, Mario Kart, and my account is the only thing I will have on it until then.

So i got my memory card in. Should I attempt the memory card transfer before I turn the new 2ds xl on still?

Edit: since I have Mario Kart on the switch I will likely never play it, but since it was free I want it on the system. This is likely a system just for old Pokémon games for me

#123 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3454 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 June 2020 - 01:13 AM

So i got my memory card in. Should I attempt the memory card transfer before I turn the new 2ds xl on still?

Edit: since I have Mario Kart on the switch I will likely never play it, but since it was free I want it on the system. This is likely a system just for old Pokémon games for me

The game comes on the memory card included. Once you put a NNID on the console it will then be tied to that ID and can be redownloaded to a new memory card.

#124 Outlaw1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Outlaw1986

Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

Ok, that was a pain in the ass but got it. Lol I set up my account with the 4gb memory card in. Then I made a Nintendo ID that I then had to link to my Nintendo account that was also on my Switch. Because I also bought a download code from Best Buy for Pokemon Gold version with part of my gift card. Then I couldn't get the code to redeem until I linked my Nintendo ID with that account. Finally got it though so happy gaming!

#125 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

For anyone who might be worried that a 32 gb microSD card might not be large enough, I finally sat down this afternoon and counted the digital eShop games on my card that I transferred over from my original 3DS' SD card to my new 2DS' microSD. 

I have 139 digital games on the card including Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overlocked, and Super Street Fighter IV.  So a 32 gb microSD card should be big enough.

#126 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1250 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:40 PM

Off the top of my head, Pokemon X/Y were 1.5+ gb, Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon were 3.5gb+, MGS3D was 3+.  So it is highly dependent on games, but it isn't like you need EVERY game you own installed at once :P

I think 32gb is more than enough for 99% of users.  For homebrewers who are loading up emulators and stuff, 64gb is a nice sweet spot.

#127 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:54 PM

OOS again.

#128 Garfitor  

Garfitor

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, I was hemming and hawing on this deal and it went out of stock while I tried to decide.

Sometimes I think I subconsciously do that on purpose when I know I shouldn't spend the money...  :\

Edit: ah Fuck it's back in stock I might bite lol.

#129 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5213 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:57 PM

As someone posted on Slick Deals, this is the best way to have multiple generations of Nintendo games on a single console if you decide to hack it. For a bit more than those knock off gaming hand helds on eBay, you can have games from DS, GBA, 3DS, NES, PS1, Genesis, and more on a single, durable console. It’s a no brainer imo.

#130 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:38 PM

Back in stock.

#131 tamali  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:35 PM

Not available online anymore.

#132 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:37 PM

Not available online anymore.

Stock comes and goes, gotta keep checking

#133 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

Listed at 154 now.

#134 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3454 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:14 PM

Listed at 154 now.

That's from a 3rd party seller. If you click sellers it shows as $99 from Walmart for pickup in my area, but it's sold out online. Just keep checking back if you want it as it has been coming in and out of stock for weeks.

#135 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:01 PM

That's from a 3rd party seller. If you click sellers it shows as $99 from Walmart for pickup in my area, but it's sold out online. Just keep checking back if you want it as it has been coming in and out of stock for weeks.

Thanks for the info.

#136 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:43 PM

Walmart Restocked

#137 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:48 PM

I picked one up from the website. It arrived Thursday. I've got CFW installed and rolling.

A lot beefier in processing power compared to the old 2DS. Impressive handheld.

#138 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:56 PM

Anyway to buy online?  I only see pick up

#139 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:27 PM

Anyway to buy online? I only see pick up

I think you have to keep checking and be lucky enough to catch it in stock. Thanks to the above advice, that’s what I did.

#140 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:52 PM

I think you have to keep checking and be lucky enough to catch it in stock. Thanks to the above advice, that’s what I did.

ahh okay

#141 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:06 PM

I picked one up from the website. It arrived Thursday. I've got CFW installed and rolling.

A lot beefier in processing power compared to the old 2DS. Impressive handheld.

If you get CFW installed should I install my nintendoid or should I start with a new one so I don't get banned.

#142 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   839 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:11 PM

Anyone in the State College PA area looking for one of these, they had about 6 in stock yesterday.

#143 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15723 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:14 PM

Grabbed one of 5 that were in Exton just now.

#144 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:01 PM

I'm starting to believe that these systems aren't being clearanced.  Just sold exclusively at a store where people might actually buy them.  

#145 biggie2123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

biggie2123

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:11 PM

I'm starting to believe that these systems aren't being clearanced. Just sold exclusively at a store where people might actually buy them.

Considering that Nintendo sells these refurbished for $99.99, I do think they are clearanced.

#146 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:53 PM

I'm starting to believe that these systems aren't being clearanced. Just sold exclusively at a store where people might actually buy them.

They aren't being clearanced. If you look on the Nintendo DS page these are Walmart exlcusive and that's the MSRP.

That said, I doubt they're making any other 2DS/3DS models other than these.

#147 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:15 AM

They aren't being clearanced. If you look on the Nintendo DS page these are Walmart exlcusive and that's the MSRP.

That said, I doubt they're making any other 2DS/3DS models other than these.

These are likely the last leg of inventory Nintendo had from it's warehouses which just recently started opening again. Much easier to ship these to Walmart to clear stock than their site that doesn't have nearly as much traffic.

I agree, these aren't coming back in stock, this is just the last bit of stock Nintendo of America had.

#148 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:35 AM

If you get CFW installed should I install my nintendoid or should I start with a new one so I don't get banned.

I don't play online so I don't know. Check out gbatemp. They seemingly know everything.

#149 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:45 AM

I was lazy before. Here's the link to the official page that shows the $99 MSRP as the only listing for either system:
https://www.nintendo.com/3ds/

And the more detail link shows it's Walmart exclusive:
https://www.nintendo...nintendo-2ds-xl

#150 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:25 AM

These are likely the last leg of inventory Nintendo had from it's warehouses which just recently started opening again. Much easier to ship these to Walmart to clear stock than their site that doesn't have nearly as much traffic.

I agree, these aren't coming back in stock, this is just the last bit of stock Nintendo of America had.

There is no way Nintendo is still wasting manufacturing resources producing 2ds/3ds hardware. These are definitely remaining inventory that probably got delayed/stuck through last holiday, when Nintendo wanted to focus on and move as many Switch consoles as possible.

No sense in making old hardware when the business is focused on selling software on the Switch.

That Ninty is only selling these via Walmart is another signal these are from a final batch. Nintendo is not in the business of selling consoles exclusively.