* * * * - 4 votes

Nintendo 2DS XL System w/ Mario Kart 7 Pre-installed, Black & Turquoise $99.99 @Walmart

#241 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

Plenty of stock here in Central PA

#242 ctrek3   for pony CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:28 PM

Plenty of stock here in Central PA

do they have more than just the black and turquoise colors?

#243 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

Nope, just the Black and Turquoise.  I was looking for one of each but no luck.

#244 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2946 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:19 PM

It's the only one Nintendo made before quietly turning the spigot on these. No official word Nintendo has ceased production of this model, but probably has.

#245 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:24 PM

Couldn’t they technically just ‘get’ mario kart as well? Why bother with the free version that comes with it. genuinely asking...

They could, but someone might want to link it to their Nintendo account for use on other systems in the future, rather than just deleting it. Also, any online multiplayer game is a risky bet if you’re using a hacked system.

#246 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3235 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

They could, but someone might want to link it to their Nintendo account for use on other systems in the future, rather than just deleting it. Also, any online multiplayer game is a risky bet if you’re using a hacked system.

Yes, thats why I was thinking about transfering my nintendo id to the new system. Link the game... then transfer it back to the old 2ds. 

How long does it take to  transfer?

#247 Zantra  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

Yes, thats why I was thinking about transfering my nintendo id to the new system. Link the game... then transfer it back to the old 2ds. 

How long does it take to  transfer?

It depends on what method you use, and how much stuff you have on your old console. It took me several hours, because I don't own a PC.

#248 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:09 PM

My Walmart had a couple so screw it, why not. I've been on a DS/3DS game kick recently with all of the cheap GameStop deals and my wife said it could be my early birthday present. No way I could pass up her actively encouraging a system purchase, hah.

#249 jrc84  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:51 PM

Is there a good FSP for these? or maybe TPS? What does that little nubby on the right do?

#250 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:52 PM

Is there a good FSP for these? or maybe TPS? What does that little nubby on the right do?

Second thumb stick.

If you have a CFW, you can emulate ps1 games nicely. Use the ps1 cia forwarder.

#251 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3305 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:59 PM

Typically camera controls in games.  I'ts used in Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda Majoras Mask, Kid Icarus Uprising, Metal Gear Solid 3, Resident Evil Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Moon Chronicles, Kingdom Hearts 3D DDD, and even Smash Bros 3DS uses it.  Not going to go google every game that uses it... but a simple search revealed some of the games that use the right stick nub.

#252 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:00 AM

Anyone on the fence about this, it's a great deal and super easy to use CFW on.
I have approximately 22 3DS/2DS systems. 3DS, 3DSXL, N3DS, N3DSXL, 2DS, N2DSXL, N2DSLL, N3DSLL, 3DSLL... I have all types.

I have noticed 128gb is a good SD card if you plan on adding a TON of games. 32gb will get you all the old school games and a decent amount of 3DS games. But some are 1-3gb a game. That fills the card up quick.

I have put CFW on all models of 3DS/2DS. I saw someone mention earlier if there was any difference in getting a cheap Japanese model 3 or 2DS then adding CFW. You can easily add CFW the same way and 1 more step will change the region if you'd like to NA. The only downside (and this isn't 100% for any model or region) is the eshop doesn't work. And sometimes game updates will error out. You can usually find the update as a file online anyway.
Putting CFW and region changing doesn't always have that effect. But I'd say a huge majority of the time, it does. Oh, and a lot of times opening Notifications will cause the system to freeze when trying to go Home. A quick restart fixes this issue.

I love my Japanese 3DS models! They have so many awesome exclusives.

#253 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3235 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:14 AM

Anyone on the fence about this, it's a great deal and super easy to use CFW on.
I have approximately 22 3DS/2DS systems. 3DS, 3DSXL, N3DS, N3DSXL, 2DS, N2DSXL, N2DSLL, N3DSLL, 3DSLL... I have all types.

I have noticed 128gb is a good SD card if you plan on adding a TON of games. 32gb will get you all the old school games and a decent amount of 3DS games. But some are 1-3gb a game. That fills the card up quick.

I have put CFW on all models of 3DS/2DS. I saw someone mention earlier if there was any difference in getting a cheap Japanese model 3 or 2DS then adding CFW. You can easily add CFW the same way and 1 more step will change the region if you'd like to NA. The only downside (and this isn't 100% for any model or region) is the eshop doesn't work. And sometimes game updates will error out. You can usually find the update as a file online anyway.
Putting CFW and region changing doesn't always have that effect. But I'd say a huge majority of the time, it does. Oh, and a lot of times opening Notifications will cause the system to freeze when trying to go Home. A quick restart fixes this issue.

I love my Japanese 3DS models! They have so many awesome exclusives.

Do you use this to get CFW or another website?

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

#254 Aryss   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:25 AM

That is the right guide to follow.  Just read every step and go slow.  It's very easy.  If you want a video of someone following the guide, I left a link. 

#255 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:01 AM

That is exactly what I use step by step. It even includes the options for region changing, which i need to do with ny Japanese 3DS's.

If you make any mistake trace your steps back and you'll be fine.

Anyone reading this, take your time for each step and you'll be surprised how easy it is at the end.

#256 jrc84  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:21 AM

So just curious, anyone compare using the 2DSXL vs that RG350 thing? I am kind of interested in setting up something for handheld PS1 gaming.

#257 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:59 PM

So just curious, anyone compare using the 2DSXL vs that RG350 thing? I am kind of interested in setting up something for handheld PS1 gaming.

I don't have the RG350 but I have thought about buying one.  I have put a little study into it.

If you want just PS1, I'd go with it.  A lot more flexibility and ability to adjust for troublesome games.  Seems like it runs some dreamcast games as well.

If you want to be able to play 3DS games then the N2DS is the obviouis choice.  PS1 works but it seems that injection is the best way to make it work.  It's not hard to convert an iso to cia, but it is time consuming.

#258 jrc84  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:19 PM

I don't have the RG350 but I have thought about buying one. I have put a little study into it.

If you want just PS1, I'd go with it. A lot more flexibility and ability to adjust for troublesome games. Seems like it runs some dreamcast games as well.

If you want to be able to play 3DS games then the N2DS is the obviouis choice. PS1 works but it seems that injection is the best way to make it work. It's not hard to convert an iso to cia, but it is time consuming.

I just discovered these 3rd party systems and have just started looking at them a bit. It seems like the RG350s have the most support but I would prefer something with more of a PS OME feel like the Vita clones for PS setup. Seems like those are much lower spec though. I do wish Sony still made and supported Vita. I prefer to avoid mods/cracks unless first party support is dead. When I start down that rabbit hole I end up fiddling with the set up more than enjoying the games...

#259 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:47 PM

I don't have the RG350 but I have thought about buying one.  I have put a little study into it.

If you want just PS1, I'd go with it.  A lot more flexibility and ability to adjust for troublesome games.  Seems like it runs some dreamcast games as well.

If you want to be able to play 3DS games then the N2DS is the obviouis choice.  PS1 works but it seems that injection is the best way to make it work.  It's not hard to convert an iso to cia, but it is time consuming.

I just discovered these 3rd party systems and have just started looking at them a bit. It seems like the RG350s have the most support but I would prefer something with more of a PS OME feel like the Vita clones for PS setup. Seems like those are much lower spec though. I do wish Sony still made and supported Vita. I prefer to avoid mods/cracks unless first party support is dead. When I start down that rabbit hole I end up fiddling with the set up more than enjoying the games...

I need to interject here since I'm afraid that people are going to spread misinformation if I don't say something. 

The RG350 won't do N64, Dreamcast, or anything more powerful.  If you're looking at emulating either of those systems or the GameCube on a handheld, then you need a GPD XD Plus or a GPD Win.  But you're swapping low cost for better performance, so you're going to shell out more money for either system.  

https://www.amazon.c...BDGB/ref=sr_1_7dchild=1&keywords=android+handheld&qid=1595087033&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.c...5087152&sr=8-15

Go with a Shield TV or a laptop PC.  It'll be cheaper.  

#260 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:17 PM

I need to interject here since I'm afraid that people are going to spread misinformation if I don't say something. 

The RG350 won't do N64, Dreamcast, or anything more powerful.  If you're looking at emulating either of those systems or the GameCube on a handheld, then you need a GPD XD Plus or a GPD Win.  But you're swapping low cost for better performance, so you're going to shell out more money for either system.  

https://www.amazon.c...BDGB/ref=sr_1_7dchild=1&keywords=android+handheld&qid=1595087033&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.c...5087152&sr=8-15

Go with a Shield TV or a laptop PC.  It'll be cheaper.  

I'll yield to your expertise.  

There is a newer version of the RG350 out that may be better.  Obviously, it more expensive.

Just to note, a shield TV or laptop pc aren't necessarily the best for handheld gaming, which was kind of the original question.

#261 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:23 PM

I'll yield to your expertise.  

There is a newer version of the RG350 out that may be better.  Obviously, it more expensive.

Just to note, a shield TV or laptop pc aren't necessarily the best for handheld gaming, which was kind of the original question.

Look, I'm not trying to start anything.  I own a RG350, a GPD XD Plus, a Shield TV, a laptop, and a 2DS XL.  So I was trying to be helpful.  It's just that the RG350 isn't capable of running anything above 32 bits.  But I'll back off.  Good luck with whatever it is that you're trying to do here.  :roll:

#262 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:12 PM

Restocked at Walmart

#263 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:19 PM

Back in stock.

#264 LunarApex   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

LunarApex

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

I already have the hyrule edition 3ds xl with the dual IPS screens but I've picked up 3 of these in the last few weeks lol. One for my son's birthday, and two more for family/backup use. Anyone who thinks this isn't worth $100 doesn't know the value of the library you are getting.

#265 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

Debating this for $99 with Mario kart or a $49 2ds refurb from Nintendo’s online store. For my 4 year old. The $49 prob makes more sense because kids are monsters, but she has been very good with my switch.

Decisions, decisions.

P.s. she is addicted to animal crossing.

#266 jrc84  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:16 PM

Debating this for $99 with Mario kart or a $49 2ds refurb from Nintendo’s online store. For my 4 year old. The $49 prob makes more sense because kids are monsters, but she has been very good with my switch.

Decisions, decisions.

P.s. she is addicted to animal crossing.

Your 4yo legit plays ds? Is that common, what age did she start playing games?

I have a 3yd+2mo and can't imagine her playing anytime soon but now I'm tempted to pick up one of these to try...

#267 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:25 PM

Your 4yo legit plays ds? Is that common, what age did she start playing games?

I have a 3yd+2mo and can't imagine her playing anytime soon but now I'm tempted to pick up one of these to try...

3 year old and a 2 month old, am I reading that correctly? Congrats! We have a 4 year old and a 1 week old!

She plays my switch. Mainly just Animal Crossing and Mario Kart (Mario race, as she calls it). She LOVES to FaceTime with my brother while they both play animal crossing together. So much so that my mother got jealous and bought a switch lite so she can be a part of that (and she doesn’t at all care for video games). She can’t read but she’s figured out a lot of it- She really likes to just run around, bury things, go swimmig, go shopping at the store, and “talk” to the animals. It’s adorable.

I built and converted 2 Arcade1up cabinets first when she was 2 and those are the perfect size for her. She started on pacman and Galaga but is pretty terrible at both. She loves some Mario 64 though!

I’m really only thinking about the 2DS because I already have a ton of games and I don’t have to worry about her breaking anything.

I know quite a few people that their kids started playing games before 2 years old. F that noise though. I’m not letting her turn into an all day games playing zombie. I really only let her play maybe an hour tops, total, a day. Realistically, we both play maybe 10 minutes each in the morning. She’ll then play once or twice more throughout the day for like 15 minutes at a time.

#268 jrc84  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:42 PM

3 year old and a 2 month old, am I reading that correctly? Congrats! We have a 4 year old and a 1 week old!

She plays my switch. Mainly just Animal Crossing and Mario Kart (Mario race, as she calls it). She LOVES to FaceTime with my brother while they both play animal crossing together. She can’t read but she’s figured out a lot of it- She really likes to just run around, bury things, go swimmig, go shopping at the store, and “talk” to the animals. It’s adorable.

I built and converted 2 Arcade1up cabinets first when she was 2 and those are the perfect size for her. She started on pacman and Galaga but is pretty terrible at both. She loves some Mario 64 though!

I’m really only thinking about the 2DS because I already have a ton of games and I don’t have to worry about her breaking anything.

I know quite a few people that their kids started playing games before 2 years old. F that noise though. I’m not letting her turn into an all day games playing zombie. I really only let her play maybe an hour tops, total, a day. Realistically, we both play maybe 10 minutes each in the morning. She’ll then play once or twice more throughout the day for like 15 minutes at a time.

She is 3 years and 2 months, closer to three I guess is what I was getting at. She will watch me play a games for a few (maybe 15 minutes) while holding her controller pretending. I just don't think she quite has the concept and was hoping to get something to start her out on. The $50 2DS is interesting since we have 2 of the XLs and been buying some games. I often see Disney stuff, etc. when browsing the GameStop sales.

#269 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3235 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:49 PM

She is 3 years and 2 months, closer to three I guess is what I was getting at. She will watch me play a games for a few (maybe 15 minutes) while holding her controller pretending. I just don't think she quite has the concept and was hoping to get something to start her out on. The $50 2DS is interesting since we have 2 of the XLs and been buying some games. I often see Disney stuff, etc. when browsing the GameStop sales.

save the money and get the 50 dollar ds... mmuch better for kids...

#270 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:53 PM

There’s a DisneyLand game on the 3ds and on Xbox that is fantastic for little kids. Really anything where they can just run around for a bit and there is zero violence is great.