Darksiders 3 PS4 $5.99 Best Buy

I didn't think it was bad. However it was not as good as the first two and if you make a sequel not as good as the games before it it's a death sentence it doesn't even matter if it's an alright game. 

Luckily I traded in all my copies for $5 base last week toward tlou2.. so Good game for me! Never played it tho!

I actually feel bad because its not a bad game, does not deserve to spend its life in $5 bin bait hell....
Honestly, this game was not that bad. I really don't get the ridiculous amount of hate that it got. Sure it was disappointing from the standpoint that it felt almost nothing like the previous games in the series, and the graphics weren't very good. But it was actually very enjoyable. It probably could have used a few more months in the oven/coats of polish, but for $5 it's a steal.

For 6 bucks, I'll give it a run.

I enjoyed the first two. Play may be different but seeing where the story goes will be interesting.

It's one of the few games I was able to get the "Stupid Expensive Edition" of for a significant discount on clearance.  The version with a statue, something like $25 from Gamestop.

The other was Ni No Kuni 2.

It really isn't a bad game at all.  It's just not as good as the first two.

I think that's the point; if a game is somehow worse than its prequels from over a decade ago, it's probably not worth playing.
That's some false logic. Whether it's better or worse than the prequels is debatable. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a good game. Worth checking out at this price.

I think that's the point; if a game is somehow worse than its prequels from over a decade ago, it's probably not worth playing.
I disagree, mainly because "not as good as..." doesn't make it a bad game. It's still a good game, and quite enjoyable. Not every sequel is going to be a step up from the games before it, and that shouldn't be the qualifier for whether or not it's "worth" playing. It's not as though the game looks terrible, or has horribly broken systems - I just didn't find the story to be as engaging. Purely subjective.

I'd apply the same to movies, honestly. I wouldn't say "You shouldn't watch Rogue One, it's not as good as Empire Strikes Back". Rogue One was still a pretty good movie. I would, however, say "You shouldn't watch The Phantom Menace, it's much worse than all previous Star Wars movies", because Phantom Menace is actually bad.

I disagree, mainly because "not as good as..." doesn't make it a bad game. It's still a good game, and quite enjoyable. Not every sequel is going to be a step up from the games before it, and that shouldn't be the qualifier for whether or not it's "worth" playing. It's not as though the game looks terrible, or has horribly broken systems - I just didn't find the story to be as engaging. Purely subjective.

I'd apply the same to movies, honestly. I wouldn't say "You shouldn't watch Rogue One, it's not as good as Empire Strikes Back". Rogue One was still a pretty good movie. I would, however, say "You shouldn't watch The Phantom Menace, it's much worse than all previous Star Wars movies", because Phantom Menace is actually bad.
If you never watch Phantom Menace you miss out on arguably the best choreographed lightsaber battles in the entire Star Wars universe! Not to mention the podrace sequence which is still from a sound design perspective one of the most jaw dropping ways to demo surround sound.

Phantom Menace hate is another one of those over blown things in life. Is it comparable to OT movie? Nah. Does it have plenty of cool/fun moments sprinkled in with some cringe? Yep. Worth watching at least once for non fans.

I think the moral of the story here is yeah, you can't just universally throw the baby out with the bathwater on something that doesn't exceed or improve on every single aspect of it's existence. It's too reductive.

It's better to think of Darksiders 3 as a game in the existing Darksiders universe, that goes in some different directions, not all of them better than the previous games (mostly due to studio acquisitions and lower budget), but still an enjoyable way to spend some time playing a game, if you are into that type of 3rd person hack n slash mild platforming puzzle solving genre.

That's me just about every time someone says Mass Effect Andromeda was a bad game. :( I really liked it, the story, and characters. Boo-hoo the one fish lady had odd animations.

And I'll jump on that $30 CE when I pick up Last of Us 2 Friday.

This was my first entry into the Darksiders series and I really really liked it. I went back and tried to play the older ones since and haven't been able to get into them.

It isn't bad, in fact it is quite decent.  They went for the Dark Souls like experience, but it really doesn't have the precise control of those games, it feels a little loose.  They did patch it to control a bit more forgiving, like the earlier games, so it definitely improved.  It is not the best performing game, however nor will knock your socks off on the looks - these games have a certain part comic/part real look.  It is consistent with the others on that though.

One thing to consider, that it is unfair to compare it to the others, each game varies greatly in playstyle.  The first is an adventure like Zelda (OOT, not BotW) with content gated by abilities you acquire and God of War (earlier ones) type combat.  The second leans more into Bayonetta style play, with random loot but still a bit of ability gating.  The third as mentioned goes for Dark Souls, but probably more like Bloodborne as there is more dodging and no blocking.  And the fourth game, Genesis, is a Diablo clone and is quite fun.

bread's done
Back