GameStop Email Coupon (YMMV) - Save $10 on $50 (In-Store Only)

DannyEndurance

CAGiversary!
Check yo' emails from GameStop...

Email Subject Title: Here's $10 To Welcome You Back To Your GameStop Store

$10 off when you spend $50+

Expires 7/5/20... Just short of Ghost Of Tsushima's release date. :(

Excludes digital/gift card purchases. For Basic/Pro Power Up Rewards Members only.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the bottom of the email:

GameStop email said:
*PowerUp Rewards Basic/Pro Members are eligible for $10 off purchase when you spend $60.00 or more at register. Offer available until 7/5/2020 and cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon or offer. Offer excludes redemption on digital or gift card purchases. See store associate for details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

For offers contained in this email. Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend offers contained in this email for any reason without notice. See sales associate for complete details. Void where prohibited.

Mine is 10 off 60, but the inability to stack with other promos (pro $5 voucher) or use on gift cards (physical or digital) is going to kill this. I'd consider preordering paper Mario at 45, but I'm sure that Amazon or Best buy or somebody will have it for 50, and not make me leave the house.

Edit: despite the terms, there are reports this works on digital currency like PSN credit, and also reports of it being used with pro $5 off credits.

Maybe I didn’t get one because my “Home” store still hasn’t opened back up even though others in my area have? Did anyone get this without their programmed home store reopening?

Mine is 10 off 60, but the inability to stack with other promos (pro $5 voucher) or use on gift cards (physical or digital) is going to kill this. I'd consider preordering paper Mario at 45, but I'm sure that Amazon or Best buy or somebody will have it for 50, and not make me leave the house.
Someone in the other thread said they used it today on PSN and eshop credit

Maybe I didn’t get one because my “Home” store still hasn’t opened back up even though others in my area have? Did anyone get this without their programmed home store reopening?
My "Home" stored opened back up about 2 weeks ago and then shut back down after only a week because none of the employees wanted to work. They're still closed, and I have no idea when theyll open back up. All the other stores in the area are open.

I still HAVE NOT received a coupon either, so doesnt look like I'll get one for whatever reason. CA.

That was me. Mine was a $10 of 50 though. The 10 off 30/60 might have different terms.
Here's my fine print:
*PowerUp Rewards Basic/Pro Members are eligible for $10 off purchase when you spend $30.00 or more at register. Offer available until 7/5/2020 and cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon or offer. Offer excludes redemption on digital or gift card purchases. See store associate for details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Mine is still closed and I didn’t get one on either accounts.

I didn't get one yet.  That's okay. 

My local Gamestop's manager has slowly turned me into a :twisted: customer.  My new favorite Gamestop is further away and another business about 530 feet away from that Gamestop had a Covid incident. 

Do I resist becoming a :twisted: customer to save $10 or is 530 feet plenty of space between businesses?

I was able to return/rebuy TLoU2 I had recently purchased during a promo, and apply the $10 off.

Honestly, I've been buying a lot more stuff from GS recently. Feels kind of weird.

My guess as to the value of your coupon is linked to how close your nearest store is to closing... better the coupon the higher the risk?

Anyone get it to work on a digital game? (Like maybe sword and shield expansion + some random currency) I assume the discount is taken off the total and not just one item.

Would it be too shady to buy a game for $60 and then return it ? Heh

Too bad none of the stores around me don't have crap for games unless you want COD: Advanced Warfare or NBA 2K18. I guess if you're lucky to have one with newer games or controllers in stock, it'd be worth it.

Didn't get anything :cry: :cry:
They might still be sending them, as I didn't get mine until this morning.

Would it be too shady to buy a game for $60 and then return it ? Heh
You'd only get refunded for the price you paid after promo. The only reason to do this is if you wanted to extended the promo's window and exchange for another item within 30 days.

What I'm interested in trying is stacking 10off60 & 10off50 + July $5 cert.
:switch: Cold Steel III releases today.

You'd only get refunded for the price you paid after promo. The only reason to do this is if you wanted to extended the promo's window and exchange for another item within 30 days.

What I'm interested in trying is stacking 10off60 & 10off50 + July $5 cert.
:switch: Cold Steel III releases today.
Guaranteed to love bumps the return TIV to 59.99? My last G2L showed TIV of 20 with promo bonus of 39.99. (ie you get points for buying and trading it back in technically)

That or buy 2x games you want one of and then return the one that didn’t get the discount. I just wasn’t sure if the cert worked on the total or just one item

Mine is 10 off 60, but the inability to stack with other promos (pro $5 voucher) or use on gift cards (physical or digital) is going to kill this.
I wouldn't spread this information until you've tried it.
Dafuq?

I used my $10 off $30 and $5 Pro coupon on a $25+$10 PSN card just fine.

I didn't expect the $5 one to work, I just happened to end up with $35 in PSN because I couldn't find any $20 cards. I don't know if they would have both worked on a $30 total. And I went out late, and there was only one other customer in a 1000+ sq ft store.

I used mine, i bought Super Smash Bros and the Petey Amiibo. They discounted $7.50 off Smash and $2.50 off the amiibo. Thats just how the computer did it. 

I used mine, i bought Super Smash Bros and the Petey Amiibo. They discounted $7.50 off Smash and $2.50 off the amiibo. Thats just how the computer did it.
Great, thanks for the data point. I guess everyone that bought multiple items had the discount split between all items?

Any of this weeks release G2L? Think they will make you add that last cent to be over $50/$60?

Well coupon expires the 5th, are there any games coming out this weekend?
:switch: :ps4: :360: Hunting Simulator 2
:switch: The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel 3

Look like above release this week and should be purchasable before the coupon expires. Anyone purchase either of these yet this week and know if Guaranteed to Love code is on the receipt? :whistle2:

Dafuq?

I used my $10 off $30 and $5 Pro coupon on a $25+$10 PSN card just fine.

I didn't expect the $5 one to work, I just happened to end up with $35 in PSN because I couldn't find any $20 cards. I don't know if they would have both worked on a $30 total. And I went out late, and there was only one other customer in a 1000+ sq ft store.
So they made these promo codes stack but not the stupid pro day? Wtf GameStop... Makes this slightly less terrible (but sucks that a bunch of us are stuck with 10 off 60 while others get 10 off 30).

$10 off $60+ here in shitty Pennsylvania. No thanks.
Yup, agreed, man. Of all the things that might get me out, GS isn't going to be it. I've enjoyed shopping at GS, but I'm done shopping there, especially after I saw how horribly the company treated people who worked there during these past, very challenging few months.

Yup, agreed, man. Of all the things that might get me out, GS isn't going to be it. I've enjoyed shopping at GS, but I'm done shopping there, especially after I saw how horribly the company treated people who worked there during these past, very challenging few months.
Yikes, bad take man. Hopefully you've avoided and will continuing to avoid hardware stores, most retail, and definitely never go to a fast food place again if you think GS of all places has treated employees bad.

Yikes, bad take man. Hopefully you've avoided and will continuing to avoid hardware stores, most retail, and definitely never go to a fast food place again if you think GS of all places has treated employees bad.
Too bad people care so little about anyone else that they're not even willing to abide by a simple mask order.

Good news is that the virus will get rid of most of them. Great for population control. Ridding this country of idiots is the best and only way we'll permamently bend this fucking curve.

I have a $15 gift certificate I can use with this. Getting $25 off is a good deal if I want a game by the 5th. Iron Man VR is tempting even though I was going to wait awhile before buying it. Hmmm.

There's no way I'm going into a store right now. Is it possible to share coupon codes with others? I'm willing to give mine away. Mine is 10 off 60.

There's no way I'm going into a store right now. Is it possible to share coupon codes with others? I'm willing to give mine away. Mine is 10 off 60.
It's attached to your PUR account, so I don't think you can share it unless you wanted to also share your phone number.

I'm in eastern MD and I can't say for sure for all of them, but definitely the one (out of three in my direct area) I went to in the mall was still closed as of last week. Had a sign on the door "Still closed, waiting for the corporate office to say we can open" or something to that effect.

Anyway, no email for me.

Apparently Pennsylvania is the only state that still has closed stores. In MO all the GS locations reopened for customers to come in on May 18.

So I spent way too long instore today trying various things with this promo, confirmed the following things:

1.  any account can redeem the coupon (ebc code).  Just show the email instead of using active offers

2.  Multiple tiers of this promo do not work together.  E.g., 10off60 and 10off50 won't work on a $60+ purchase.
3.  These promos can stack with reward certs and the $5 montly cert, but not in an ideal way.  In order to use a 10off30 and the $5 montly, you'd have to buy $35 in digital currency.  If you try $30 total then the $5 cert would bring the total to 25 and knock off the 10off30.
4.  If you have multiple items in your transaction, the $off amount gets a prorated spread among all the items.
5.  10off60 does not apply to a 59.99 total.  You'd have to add an additional item.
6. My home store is great and will continue to get +surveys from me.

Edit: The promo codes are now working online.

Has anyone confirmed if it works on preorders? I would get Ghost of Tsushima if we can, if not then maybe some steam credit.

Will it work on an item that is $59.99? I know some coupons are picky and won't activate unless it is the exact amount even though it is off by a penny.

Has anyone confirmed if it works on preorders? I would get Ghost of Tsushima if we can, if not then maybe some steam credit.
There's no reason to expect it to work on preorders. When picking one up, sure. But you can't use reward certificates for preorder deposits, so I would fully expect this promo not to work for that.

Steam credit works well for this deal because instore has a card that lets you load any custom amount over $10.

bread's done
Back