* * * * * 2 votes

Shenmue 3 with steelbook $19.99 Bestbuy.com (back again)

#31 Zantra  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:31 PM

Not everybody has a Best Buy, but everybody has a Walmart, and Best Buy's return policy is atrocious. They charge you money to put stuff back on the shelves when you return it. It's like punishing you for shopping there. Once the game discount ran out, a lot of people saw no reason to keep shopping there. They've also closed tons of locations recently due to Covid 19 and not being considered an essential retail business. Walmarts are still open everywhere. Also, there are only 977 Best Buys in the entire world, and there are currently 11,500 Walmarts. It's not hard to believe that more people would buy games at Walmart than at Best Buy strictly for convience sake. The closest Best Buy to me before Covid 19 was almost 30 miles away. The closest Walmarts are 4, 6, 9, 10, and 13 miles away.

#32 kingotnw   The Devil! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

kingotnw

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:44 PM

Whatever to finding it at Walmart for $9. I’m not running all over town to find a game I barely care about anyways. I ordered mine from Best Buy yesterday and it came today. One day I’ll get to it. It’s more nostalgia from my Dreamcast days that makes me want it than anything else.

#33 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:14 PM

Exactly, I don't see how people can deal with Walmart. I would pay extra to go somewhere else. Even Walmart's store pickups sucks. I attempted to use it twice and once they couldn't find the product I ordered despite saying they got it in and left with nothing (and of course, the managers at Walmart don't give a shit and won't even give an apology) and another time took almost an hour to find it. Not to mention, Walmart does get a rough crowd of people (at least at the ones I've seen) loitering in the parking lots, soliciting you things, etc. and feels unsafe especially at night.
So if a game is $19.99 at BB or $9.99 at Walmart I would choose BB.

This, also I can't believe Zantra is even suggesting Wal-Mart himself. He did mention that he got sick for a while, from the Target thread.

With the outbreak going, I'd rather stay safe and not take my chances. Having it shipped to home with a nice steelbook, is the better option here.

#34 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:17 PM

Exactly, I don't see how people can deal with Walmart. I would pay extra to go somewhere else. Even Walmart's store pickups sucks. I attempted to use it twice and once they couldn't find the product I ordered despite saying they got it in and left with nothing (and of course, the managers at Walmart don't give a shit and won't even give an apology) and another time took almost an hour to find it. Not to mention, Walmart does get a rough crowd of people (at least at the ones I've seen) loitering in the parking lots, soliciting you things, etc. and feels unsafe especially at night. So if a game is $19.99 at BB or $9.99 at Walmart I would choose BB.

Agree 100% with you, bmcgrevy.  Nowadays, my preference is always to avoid going inside to retail. 

There really are so few things worth going to stores for, and games are definitely not one of them.

#35 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2790 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:44 PM

Not everybody has a Best Buy, but everybody has a Walmart, and Best Buy's return policy is atrocious. They charge you money to put stuff back on the shelves when you return it. It's like punishing you for shopping there. Once the game discount ran out, a lot of people saw no reason to keep shopping there. They've also closed tons of locations recently due to Covid 19 and not being considered an essential retail business. Walmarts are still open everywhere. Also, there are only 977 Best Buys in the entire world, and there are currently 11,500 Walmarts. It's not hard to believe that more people would buy games at Walmart than at Best Buy strictly for convience sake. The closest Best Buy to me before Covid 19 was almost 30 miles away. The closest Walmarts are 4, 6, 9, 10, and 13 miles away.

What were you trying to return to Best Buy? The restocking fee only applies to high end items like cell phones, tablets, and drones.

https://www.bestbuy....t260800050014.c

#36 Zantra  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:48 PM

What were you trying to return to Best Buy? The restocking fee only applies to high end items like cell phones, tablets, and drones.

https://www.bestbuy....t260800050014.c

A $5 DVD. But, ignore what I said, I thought you could get the $9 price online and just pick it up from a local store. But, apparently Walmart has different online prices than in-store prices. And, a guy on SlickDeals said that he got them to honor the $9 price in store and refund the rest of his money, but it sounds like a hassle. The Best Buy deal is slightly better, if you don't want the hassle. The good news is that Walmart is going to start forcing people to wear masks, cleaning their stores, and having hand sanitizer stations all over the place, starting August 1st.

#37 Zantra  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:50 PM

This, also I can't believe Zantra is even suggesting Wal-Mart himself. He did mention that he got sick for a while, from the Target thread.
With the outbreak going, I'd rather stay safe and not take my chances. Having it shipped to home with a nice steelbook, is the better option here.

And, I am still very sick unfortunately. I just had a lapse in judgement for a second.

#38 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:46 AM

At this point, I'll just wait for a digital download triple pack as part of the summer sale.

#39 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1065 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:51 AM

And, I am still very sick unfortunately. I just had a lapse in judgement for a second.

Not sure what problem you had with returning a DVD to BB.  I returned Blu-rays and a game a few times at 2 different BBs since the lockdown and had no issues or restocking fees.  Both stores didn't allow people to enter stores but allowed curbside order pick-ups and returns.

Also, if you actually are still sick, I hope you haven't gone out shopping at all, mask or not...

#40 Zantra  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:33 AM

I haven't been shopping. The 30 miles away Best Buy is in a town with a lot of crime, so to deter people from returning stolen goods for cash, they charge everyone for returns. No matter the price of the item. They also keep every single thing locked up, so it's really a pain in the ass to shop there. I personally haven't been in a physical store since March.

#41 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2095 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:16 AM

Is it really "free" shipping if you are paying an extra $11 for the game. The whole point of this site is to find games for the cheapest prices.

Thanks bro. Got it for $9 this evening. Brickseek says "Out of Stock" at my local WM but I was able to find a copy between a row of PS4 games.

IMG-6582-Custom.jpg

#42 Zantra  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:26 AM

Thanks bro. Got it for $9 this evening. Brickseek says "Out of Stock" at my local WM but I was able to find a copy between a row of PS4 games.

IMG-6582-Custom.jpg

No worries, stay safe out there.

#43 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1336 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:51 AM

Not everybody has a Best Buy, but everybody has a Walmart, and Best Buy's return policy is atrocious.

This whole logic is ridiculous. What's true for you isn't necessarily true for everyone else. I can get to 4 different BBY easily and the closest Walmart is at least an hour's drive away.

14 day Return policy is ass for those who only qualify for that, I will give you that much, but your restocking fee fiasco is, as you stated, a special circumstance local to that one particular store.

Feel better guy and maybe take a breather before bashing something while you are still unwell.

#44 Zantra  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:56 AM

I wasn't really bashing anything, just saying that Walmart has a cheaper deal, which is what this site is about. I'm not trying to get anybody to shop anywhere specific, except for maybe Target when I post the (extremely rare) Circle deals lately. Do whatever makes you the happiest, and stay safe out there.

#45 Nickk_Jones  

Nickk_Jones

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:57 PM

Damn this is annoying. I saw this the first day that sale went live, put it in the cart and went through the rest of their sale games. Came back and hour later and the Steelbook offer part was magically missing from it no matter how I looked at the sale/item. Guess it was just broken somehow or went back up. Really bummed because I was waiting on this for a while.

#46 mrliquid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:07 PM

That's awful, I hope you feel better soon. 

#47 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:47 AM

Deal is back now $19.99 again