Final Fantasy 7 remake $39.99 Bestbuy.com

I can get it for $30. Still worth it?
This is absolutely worth it for $40 (I'd say the $60 asking price was worth it for me). There are some valid issues with the game (like some of the story additions you can tell are just Nomura trying to out-Nomura himself) and there are gameplay parts of the game that just feel like they were added in as filler... but overall, I enjoyed the game a lot. The combat is fantastic; using the diff characters actually feels different and they were able to keep the materia system basically intact. The visuals are amazing, obviously, but seeing some of the moments/scenes from the original game with modern graphics are something else. If you never played the original and don't have nostalgic feelings for it, it's still worth getting because it's a very good action-RPG.

Oh, and it has Tifa in full glorious HD. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to wait. Will be interesting to see what happens for BF. I'm in no rush.
If you're in no rush, this game will be as cheap as FFXV which is currently $5 before any promos.

I played this on a normal PS4 slim and the graphics were fine, frame rate was stable so not sure a PS5 version is going to be that much better an experience. Of course, I'm too cheap to buy a 8-12K tv as well :-({|=

Any mentions of that version still being in development?
It was confirmed forever ago to only remain PS4 exclusive for 1 year.

After that it could go anywhere. I fully expect PC, Xbox, and PS5 versions in 2021.

Just play the original....you won't have to wait 12 more years to finish the now convulted story
We've played the original.

Remake is different. Very different. And really fun to play, if the demo is any indication.

bread's done
Back