CAGcast #648: Game On!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Avengers, Battletoads, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Spiritfarer, Epic vs Apple, and so much more!

Download (1 hr 32 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Today's show is brought to you by feals! Become a member today by going to FEALS.com/CAGCAST and get 50% off your first order with free shipping!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Bellecour - Los Choukarios
Outro - commercial 1982 big league chew

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teenage Bounty Hunters. Cheapy is getting old. Didn't we grow up watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High and other teen comedies? I found the show really funny and a smart satire of conservative culture. Fun bonus: The old bounty hunter they work with used to play Dwayne Wayne on A Different World. He did not age well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teenage Bounty Hunters creeped me out too, and I'm gay.  But, somehow, Buffy does not. I don't know why.  Maybe because it's not monsters they're hunting?

Great show guys! Shipwreck saying words Ohio style is always great.

I'm shocked though that none of you seem to get what the Epic/Apple situation is really about - this is Epic trying to force an antitrust investigation into Apple. It's not about how much of a cut Apple gets, it's about the anti-competitive practices Apple uses in their App Store and Epic is trying to capitalize on the federal level investigations that are starting to break Apple. Think about the fact that what got Fortnite pulled was that they were telling people where they could go buy V-bucks cheaper. It's Miracle on 34th Street, only every single day and the store fired Santa.

Comparing Epic game store exclusives to Apple's monopoly on iPhones is asinine. When a game goes exclusive it's the game developer who chooses to restrict their market, they're the ones taking away player choice, not Epic. What Apple does is force you to sell everything through them and bans you from telling consumers they could get it cheaper somewhere else. It doesn't even make sense to talk about the fact that Microsoft operates the only store on Xbox because you can buy the game from Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, some guy on the corner of the street, etc. You can even buy codes for Xbox games from other retailers, Microsoft doesn't even limit digital sales to only through their store. And Microsoft doesn't prevent companies from directing you to use their website to sign-up for accounts.

Loving the twitch-stream of previous episodes. Being sheltered in place and never driving my car anymore, it's nice to be able to have you guys running in the background while working.

Way to pivot your model to the COVID times! :)

bread's done
Back