- - - - -

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Digital) - $41.99 @ Amazon

#1 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2020 - 04:15 AM

https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B07SK4W1VJ

#2 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13479 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2020 - 04:39 AM

Nice!  Thanks OP!  In for one copy of the physical.

#3 eliter1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2020 - 04:46 AM

Almost bought the digital version, glad I waited.

#4 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10696 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2020 - 02:43 PM

This price was already raised for the physical $49.99. Digital price still good.

#5 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:20 PM

I ordered the physical copy from Amazon and received a UK version.

#6 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13479 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:30 PM

Mine came yesterday and luckily I received the ESRB version.

#7 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:51 PM

Physical copy dropped to $41.99 again. I ordered this time.

Shouldn't be a problem with Switch being region free.

#8 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4382 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:57 PM

Physical copy dropped to $41.99 again. I ordered this time.

Shouldn't be a problem with Switch being region free.

Unless you want to buy the DLC off the US eShop. Pretty sure the DLC has to be the same region, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#9 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:31 PM

Unless you want to buy the DLC off the US eShop. Pretty sure the DLC has to be the same region, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I looked into it a bit. It seems some Switch games work fine with any region's dlc (as long as that dlc is available in both regions), while some don't. I couldn't find specific info on LM3's dlc.

Are you going to contact Amazon for an exchange? They're oos at the moment, but I think they would help you get a US copy. Checking their reviews, you're not the first to get an EU copy from them :\

#10 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:39 AM

Part of me wouldn't care but then the other factor to consider is resale which would get more complicated. I'd probably get an exchange.

#11 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:27 PM

I looked into it a bit. It seems some Switch games work fine with any region's dlc (as long as that dlc is available in both regions), while some don't. I couldn't find specific info on LM3's dlc.

Are you going to contact Amazon for an exchange? They're oos at the moment, but I think they would help you get a US copy. Checking their reviews, you're not the first to get an EU copy from them :\

Part of me wouldn't care but then the other factor to consider is resale which would get more complicated. I'd probably get an exchange.

Thanks for the feedback.

I had planned on doing an exchange.  I initially tried their automated exchange process, but it would only offer a refund and I would need to ship it back.

I chatted with Customer Service.  Since it is currently out of stock on Amazon and you cannot order directly from them, they could not exchange at this time ... so they offered a partial refund.

Got a 50% refund, plus a $5 promo credit on a future order.  Figured that was worth any change in resale value or loss of access to DLC.

#12 Summerling  

Summerling

Posted 26 August 2020 - 08:14 AM

Unfortunately, when I saw this post, the physical version was gone. Then I ordered the digital version.

#13 Kaijuboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Kaijuboy

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:55 PM

Did they ever add in inverted aiming? Otherwise this is still a pass for me.

(And don’t bother replying with “learn non-inverted controls!”, I’m not changing how I play for ONE game.)

#14 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4382 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 26 August 2020 - 06:24 PM

Did they ever add in inverted aiming? Otherwise this is still a pass for me.

(And don’t bother replying with “learn non-inverted controls!”, I’m not changing how I play for ONE game.)

No they haven't, but you can do controller motion controls which might make it easier for you

#15 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:48 PM

Got a 50% refund, plus a $5 promo credit on a future order.  Figured that was worth any change in resale value or loss of access to DLC.

My Amazon copy came in today and it is US ver. I would say you got the better deal in the end with UK ver ^^