Costco Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Computer Speakers 99.99 free shipping

gepet0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
For a limited time Costco has these speakers on sell for 100 bucks free shipping.   theses are some of the best speakers you can get for the price.   Rich clean.  Theses use to be about 300 dollars.  If you listen to music on your computer like I do you are in for a treat. 

https://www.costco.com/.product.7999033.html#nav-pdp-tab-header-10

When I tried to check out it seemed janky possibly slick deals but I was able to order on the phone.   I recently replaced my creative fps setup with theses.   Theses are as advertised. The sub woofer rocks.   Shipping alone is like 60 when you buy theses.  the only caveat is there is no on off.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvoXWog0muw&t=293s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JDlFNJ7UuI

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal, thanks op! I'm not sure I need desktop speakers since I use headsets, but I'm super tempted with this.
I am using my second one as a side room home theater setup. If your building yourself a new setup or have an old set. Go for it you can always return it. The setup is much bigger in person videos can't do it justice. I will go on record and say I have never seen them this cheap out the door.

For the price, they're hard to beat but these are not the same speakers that were released 20 years ago. Klipsch changed a lot of components inside and there's some debate as to whether they did it to improve quality or cut costs. But the lack of any real modernization hurts these speakers, IMO... only 1 input option and no BT. 

I've stuck with Klipsch ever since and my last purchase was 5 or 7 years ago the SB 120 which is a huge square box meant to be a TV base that's an alternative to a soundbar. I think it's disco'd now because of a fault power supply but if it ever goes out i'd pay to fix it! 

Switch is on the subwoofer.

These are great, classic speakers but I don't think $99 is any true deal. That price has been easy to find for years.. it's what I paid back in 2006.

Switch is on the subwoofer.

These are great, classic speakers but I don't think $99 is any true deal. That price has been easy to find for years.. it's what I paid back in 2006.
That turns off the speakers and subwoofer? Odd place for it instead of separate switches. Unfortunately I don't have a Costco account. I have an old pair of amazing Sony speakers that I never needed a subwoofer but they have static when you adjust the knobs. I never have the volume crazy loud and they've always been loud enough at a low level. Sometimes when I watch things on YouTube sound is only coming out of the left speaker. I don't know if it's a PC issue with the drivers or just a system hiccup or YouTube.

I was just thinking about buying something newer since I've had these for over 20 years. They're Sony SRS-A71 Mega Bass speakers. I got them from Circuit City decades back. Of course with no Costco account I can't get the Klipsch.

That turns off the speakers and subwoofer? Odd place for it instead of separate switches. Unfortunately I don't have a Costco account. I have an old pair of amazing Sony speakers that I never needed a subwoofer but they have static when you adjust the knobs. I never have the volume crazy loud and they've always been loud enough at a low level. Sometimes when I watch things on YouTube sound is only coming out of the left speaker. I don't know if it's a PC issue with the drivers or just a system hiccup or YouTube.

I was just thinking about buying something newer since I've had these for over 20 years. They're Sony SRS-A71 Mega Bass speakers. I got them from Circuit City decades back. Of course with no Costco account I can't get the Klipsch.
There is no on an off switch on my sub woofer. When my new ones arrive I will update and let everyone know. The videos I posted wont do it justice because everyone is listening with their current setup they have. The beauty of this deal is it is new & the Costco warranty with the return policy. Theses have been legendary for decades.

That turns off the speakers and subwoofer? Odd place for it instead of separate switches.
Definitely kind of a pain, but it was surprisingly common in the earlier days of PC speakers. I wouldn't be surprised if these kinds of design inconveniences have completely gone away by now.

I tend to just leave the speakers on with the volume turned all the way down.

I'm still using the 4.1 and 2.1 Klipsch speakers from college almost 20 years ago so would recommend as this price and vendor!  :beer:

There is no on an off switch on my sub woofer. When my new ones arrive I will update and let everyone know. The videos I posted wont do it justice because everyone is listening with their current setup they have. The beauty of this deal is it is new & the Costco warranty with the return policy. Theses have been legendary for decades.
I know the 2.1 set I bought at Best Buy a while back that I'm still using (maybe 5-ish years ago?) doesn't have an on/off switch. I think they said they removed the on/off switch in recent years because the constant powering on/off was degrading certain components and shortening the life of the speakers. Instead, the ones I have are always on and I think go into sleep mode after not receiving a signal for a certain amount of time.

But they've been great. The sub is a bit thuddy and undefined if turned up too high, but if you get the right balance, they're great speakers. And yes. They can get loud. On my computer, I think I keep them around 1/3 volume and set the sub around 1/4 and just control the volume output from my computer.

bread's done
Back