Game and Watch Super Mario Brothers SEMI LIVE YET

Shadowmoses12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I must get this before my time on earth comes to an end lol

But seriously, This is a must have for every dedicated nintendo gamer out there!
Good Luck folks!

That clock feature is cool but if it ends up draining the battery at the same rate as the games, then wtf is the point?

What are the chances it's hackable?

I know due to lack of buttons, it won't be able to play much, but it definitely would make it more appealing

What are the chances it's hackable?
I know due to lack of buttons, it won't be able to play much, but it definitely would make it more appealing
Probably depends if there’s a micro USB port for charging, if it’s even rechargeable, if it uses triple a batteries I doubt it’s hackable

Probably depends if there’s a micro USB port for charging, if it’s even rechargeable, if it uses triple a batteries I doubt it’s hackable
Specs page says USB type C for charging.

It would probably only be good for NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Neo Geo Pocket, Turbografx 16, Master System, and GameGear with the button schemes.

I get the collectible appeal but $50 for 2 games seems kind of steep. I’ll probably grab one for speculating purposes but compared to an NES or SNES mini, I’m not seeing the value here.

I bought several Game Boy Micro back in the day for $50 when Toys R Us was getting rid of them. Too bad we're not getting a $99 Micro with 25 classic games built in.

I get the collectible appeal but $50 for 2 games seems kind of steep. I’ll probably grab one for speculating purposes but compared to an NES or SNES mini, I’m not seeing the value here.
Reminds me of the Gameboy Micro. Though it plays all GBA games, at $99 it really wasn't that bad of a buy. Though the GBA SP was $79 at the time.

Reminds me of the Gameboy Micro. Though it plays all GBA games, at $99 it really wasn't that bad of a buy. Though the GBA SP was $79 at the time.
I remember the number of GBA Micros I passed up that were on sale for $30 to $50 and thought to myself "Haha... sad". I remember passing up the anniversary one for $60 at WM or Target and thinking, "That looks kinda cool but prob gonna be worthless, why would you buy this thing? Tiny ass screen and it very uncomfortable to hold".

Welp... I'm not laughing anymore.

GBA micro screen is great to me...got my micro for $10 shipped on Mercari just needed a new battery but was in great condition

I am not a difficult man to please if there’s a way to hack this thing and you are able to add SMB3 then that’s all I would need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/i/status/1303981540213428224

Nintendo UK posted a video about the game and watch series and a few more details about this version.  It is rechargeable with a usb c port on the right side of it.

I wonder how much storage space it will actually have though ... NES roms are insanely small, so it’s possible Nintendo could sell this with something like 32 mb of space, which would severely limit its mod potential.

I wonder how much storage space it will actually have though ... NES roms are insanely small, so it’s possible Nintendo could sell this with something like 32 mb of space, which would severely limit its mod potential.
What chip maker is making 32mb of ram?

What chip maker is making 32mb of rom?
I’m not speaking with specific hardware in mind, but with 2-3 roms in this unit, their overhead costs could be incredibly low for storage. My point is there’s no reason to expect this would have a few gigs of space, given what the system is.

I’m not speaking with specific hardware in mind, but with 2-3 roms in this unit, their overhead costs could be incredibly low for storage. My point is there’s no reason to expect this would have a few gigs of space, given what the system is.
What I’m saying is that it’s prob be harder to make a product with limited memory as most memory these days are produced at the gig level. Not based on any first hand knowledge. I’m just saying when was the last time you saw a new product with less than a gig.

So if it can be hackable, there will be plenty of onboard memory.

What I’m saying is that it’s prob be harder to make a product with limited memory as most memory these days are produced at the gig level. Not based on any first hand knowledge. I’m just saying when was the last time you saw a new product with less than a gig.

So if it can be hackable, there will be plenty of onboard memory.
I bought my son a fleet of mini arcade games made by a company called Basic Fun.

Each has an NES system on a chip that runs exactly one game which is stored on a 512Mb ROM that cannot be re-flashed without connecting the chip to a ROM burner.

I think it would be harder for this system, which also has a persistent clock and the ability to quit and launch other games, to be written entirely in 6502. The question is will they actually connect the data wires to the USB-C port? Maybe? I guess it depends if they need to be able to re/flash them for service/repair...

I bought my son a fleet of mini arcade games made by a company called Basic Fun.

Each has an NES system on a chip that runs exactly one game which is stored on a 512Mb ROM that cannot be re-flashed without connecting the chip to a ROM burner.

I think it would be harder for this system, which also has a persistent clock and the ability to quit and launch other games, to be written entirely in 6502. The question is will they actually connect the data wires to the USB-C port? Maybe? I guess it depends if they need to be able to re/flash them for service/repair...
That’s an interesting point about repairs. Hadn’t thought of that. Nintendo is so paranoid of their old IP being stolen I could see them going overboard to lock everything down unlike ps classic whIch was like “fuck it hack it if you want. We made is super easy.”

Memory has become so cheap that it’s probably just as economical to use a few hundred megs or gig. I would not worry about that. Hacking that thing would be boss.

Memory has become so cheap that it’s probably just as economical to use a few hundred megs or gig. I would not worry about that. Hacking that thing would be boss.
That was my point. I would think factories would have a harder time making a smaller memory chip. Like if you wanted to buy a 100 gig HD right now, you couldn’t.

We need a thread for the RC car. I’m most excited about that. $200 gone.

Good point. What an amazing antipiracy measure lol

32mb would hold around 90 average nes games. But then it just depends on how big the os is for this and how much space is left over. But even a tiny amount of space (by today's standards) would hold a lot of nes games. The main issue I think will be the OS which is limited to showing three games ... unless they designed it so they could put out other revisions with more games... it's going to take a lot of work to get around that... if the usb is even wired for data.

The NES & SNES mini used a 512MB flash chip for storage, which was overkill for it's intended purpose but probably was the cheapest flash chip Nintendo could buy in bulk.

Is it even cost effective to buy a 32mb chip anymore? It may have more storage because it could be cheaper.
Minescule levels of memory (RAM) is still being produced. It's just being produced for consumer use but a lot of electronic devices still use RAM- they just don't need gigs of it. Things like wifi routers and cable boxes use RAM ranging in MBs (though the higher end ones use GBs). Some digital toys (like those interactive toys for toddlers) use small amounts of RAM too I believe. Maybe not 32MB but if those devices need 128MB, they'd then use 4x 32MB modules.

32MB might be the smallest, cost efficient module Nintendo could find so they used that even though they won't need all 32MB.

Is it even cost effective to buy a 32mb chip anymore? It may have more storage because it could be cheaper.
I'd expect it would be at least 1gb. The question though is will this all be system on a chip stuff with everything on some non writable storage with maybe just a small bit of storage for game/high-score saves... or will they just put everything in ram and if the system dies then the data is gone? There are many ways to do this... hopefully though they are developing it as a possible product line and thus making a generic system that they can put whatever games on it they want. So next year we'll get a Zelda one with the nes games and maybe the classic zelda game and watch game remade for this unit.

If these sell well then I'd expect Nintendo to capitalize on it by making pokemon red, zelda, metroid, punch-out, list goes on and on and at $49.99 a pop they'd be making far more profit on each sold than a switch. Just smart business seems to me like.

bread's done
Back