Looks like next gen games are 69.99 call of duty ps5

I guess only cod and sports games are. Which don’t deserve it. Also weird the ps5 box art is gonna be white. Wonder if the case will be as well

I believe COD and sports games are also charging $10 to upgrade also so this isn’t a surprise. I’ll wait for sales on both.

$10 that gets to stay in my pocket cause I'm not buying no COD game for $50 or $60 and damn sure not $70. 

$10 that gets to stay in my pocket cause I'm not buying no COD game for $50 or $60 and damn sure not $70.
This LOL. COD (aka the Madden of FPS) games drop like a rock in price. I just picked up a copy of Infinite Warfare brand new factory sealed for $5 yesterday and that game isn't even 4 years old. I can't even imagine paying $70+.

I can't really be mad about this. Games have been $59.99 since 2005. Adjusted for inflation, that's nearly $80 in 2020 dollars.

Not like people on this site ever pay full price for games anyways. I buy a $60 game maybe once every two or three years.

I love how (young) gamers tend to complain how much games can cost these days.    The OG original gamers from 8bit NES and 16bit SNES know that game cartridges in 1988-1994 could cost upwards of $50 to 70 or more.   

You know what $60 from 1994 is in 2020 inflation dollars?      It translates to about $105.75 in 2020.     
That is just inflation; that doesn't even account for the skyrocketing game development costs that have occurred from back then.  

So yeah, you know what, $60 or 70 is not that bad a deal considering.    Respect the game creators!

I love how (young) gamers tend to complain how much games can cost these days.    The OG original gamers from 8bit NES and 16bit SNES know that game cartridges in 1988-1994 could cost upwards of $50 to 70 or more.   
You know what $60 from 1994 is in 2020 inflation dollars?      It translates to about $105.75 in 2020.     
That is just inflation; that doesn't even account for the skyrocketing game development costs that have occurred from back then.  
So yeah, you know what, $60 or 70 is not that bad a deal considering.    Respect the game creators!
People today whine when their $60 game comes in three days instead of two. Back in the 90's when you ordered a Sega Saturn game for $70 it would come in a month... IF you were lucky. If it came damaged or never arrived at all? Well, too bad. No refund. We were just thankful enough to order games and have them arrive to our house, especially in the winter months. So if it took a month to arrive and the case came broken we were too thankful to whine about it even if it was $80 after shipping.

bread's done
Back