* - - - - 1 votes

Old Games Blowout @ Woot.com, Original XBox $89.99

#1 murphyspub   drunk CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

murphyspub

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:23 AM

Woot Videogame blowout

https://electronics....w_ngh_el_3_wp_4

Lots of old videogames, including KOTR, Black, and Halo 2 on XBox, lots of Wiis and Wii stuff, PS3, Gamecube games, N64 games, etc...

Original XBox $89.99

https://electronics....f=w_cnt_wp_4_46

#2 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2349 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:30 AM

Hmmm briefly looked, but the prices don’t seem all that good.

#3 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:42 AM

Yeah, nothing TOO exciting.  Still though, thanks for sharing OP

#4 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:09 AM

Any place sells OG Xbox for around $50?

#5 Sielanas  

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:54 AM

I know I still have a fair number of non-bc discs I'd like to play. I would also swap the hard drive like I did back in the day, load times were amazing for the time. What is fair price these days?

#6 jrc84  

Posted 11 September 2020 - 12:13 PM

Those prices seem a bit on the high retail end to me. Maybe fair if they are CIB and in good condition...not sure what they consider "refurbished" but if that means resurfaced and in a sleeve I think these are steep. 

Pre-covid, I was finding OGXBs in used game shops consistently priced @ $50 when available. Not sure if prices have been impacted on those with the pandemic. Seems like a recall getting one shipped on ebay for about $50...$90 seems steep but, again, not sure what "refurbished" means...if it has been thoroughly cleaned out, recapped, fresh drive belt, new paste, etc....then I would consider that a steal (because I hate doing that crap).

#7 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 11 September 2020 - 12:28 PM

Covid has had a huge impact on everything related to old games and consoles. Original Xboxes can still be found under $90, but that's starting to become the norm after sale plus shipping on ebay. Goodwill on the other hand is probably the best chance to still find old stuff cheap. I got a nice backup OG Xbox for $20 a month ago

#8 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:22 PM

Those prices are absolutely terrible.  Woot is now Amazon's close-out site so this is likely AWD stuff that hasn't sold. 

#9 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5403 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, terrible prices. The original Xbox isn’t half bad as a modded unit (which means you won’t need to pay $20+ for an old game), but the biggest issue is low-res, no 1st party HDMI support. I know there’s an adapter, but newer consoles are probably a better investment at this point.

#10 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7693 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:29 PM

Honestly a modded Xbox is awesome. I still have a memory card, USB device, and Mech Assault for a reason :D 

#11 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   706 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:33 PM

If only Woot would just fully merge with Amazon and take amazon GC credit... I used to buy shirts from Woot! all the time!

#12 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3668 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:42 PM

Gawd. They should just hang onto these a little longer and the prices will skyrocket. My niche DS games are worth a fortune now, and I highly regret dumping all my stuff from ‘80s-‘2005. Maybe this stuff will never be worth much tho.

#13 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

Buying an OG Xbox now is risky. It is mandatory that you open up the system and remove the capacitor that keeps the time. They are known to bust open and leak all over the motherboard. It’s really easy to do though; if it’s only leaked a little I believe some white vinegar can clean it up (but please verify as my memory is a little fizzy, it’s been a while since I’ve fixed one).

#14 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5570 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:38 AM

Eh figured I would risk it and put in an order for pokemon pearl.  Thanks tc.  Assuming it is a legit copy and not a pirated one it's worth it even cart only.

#15 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2095 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:27 AM

Wtf when did the OG Xbox skyrocket in value? I remembered these were worth no more than $40 a couple years ago.

#16 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:42 AM

Buying an OG Xbox now is risky. It is mandatory that you open up the system and remove the capacitor that keeps the time. They are known to bust open and leak all over the motherboard. It’s really easy to do though; if it’s only leaked a little I believe some white vinegar can clean it up (but please verify as my memory is a little fizzy, it’s been a while since I’ve fixed one).

Ticking time bombs, they are.  But the capacitor issue wasn't a problem on the later models, and removing it on those models isn't necessary.  And it's not hard to fix, but some people are lazy about those types of things and won't bother even if you mention it to them.