* * * * - 12 votes

Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

#6421 gregbutler_20   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

gregbutler_20

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:01 AM

Walmart site has not updated, but I have a shipping label created in the fedex app for my 12/15.

#6422 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:17 AM

Is Sony even making more PS5s? Have they said anything? Right now its looking like an Ebay exclusive until Q2 2021.

#6423 ritchardf  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:30 AM

Is Sony even making more PS5s? Have they said anything? Right now its looking like an Ebay exclusive until Q2 2021.

from what i have read, it seems like they are starting to send more to europe, as the majority has been released in the US so far.

#6424 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:53 AM

By all means I mean this as a legitimate question... is there any reason to own a PS5 now besides to play PS4 games a little smoother and quicker? I have had several opportunities to get one through preorder phases and all, and yet I keep talking myself out of it until v2 or at least a holiday bundle and lots of firmware updates. Then by then hopefully a 2TB HD is standard. 

#6425 TBalt  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:59 AM

My 12/15 order arrived today. Walmart marked it shipped last week but between Walmart and FedEx, three different pages with three different arrival dates. Right on time for my birthday tomorrow though!

#6426 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 05:12 AM

By all means I mean this as a legitimate question... is there any reason to own a PS5 now besides to play PS4 games a little smoother and quicker? I have had several opportunities to get one through preorder phases and all, and yet I keep talking myself out of it until v2 or at least a holiday bundle and lots of firmware updates. Then by then hopefully a 2TB HD is standard. 

To be honest, the one game I want to play right now is Cyberpunk but owning a base PS4, I just don't want to experience it that way. I don't mind upgrading my HDD. I've done it for my PS3 and PS4 anyway. Both are the launch models. Still running.

#6427 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 05:37 AM

At this rate, I should be able to score one by 2022

#6428 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 05:58 PM

It depends on what you're into and what else you have. I have a high end gaming PC, so I don't need it for 3rd party games. If I didn't, then I'd be playing all of the new 3rd party titles on PS5. Then there's exclusives (Demon's Souls and Mile Morales, for instance). And then there are PS4 games that are upgraded or stabilized, and I have a long list of those to go through. But those are my use cases. Everyone will have their own. 

#6429 sleepwalkingninja   Banned Banned   275 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

sleepwalkingninja

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:12 PM

It depends on what you're into and what else you have. I have a high end gaming PC, so I don't need it for 3rd party games. If I didn't, then I'd be playing all of the new 3rd party titles on PS5. Then there's exclusives (Demon's Souls and Mile Morales, for instance). And then there are PS4 games that are upgraded or stabilized, and I have a long list of those to go through. But those are my use cases. Everyone will have their own. 

Miles Morales is not a PS5 exclusive. I can't believe there are still people that think that.

#6430 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:18 PM

Miles Morales is not a PS5 exclusive. I can't believe there are still people that think that.

I didn't mean to say it was. But I'd never choose to play the last gen version, so it might as well be to me. Thanks for your contribution to the thread. ;)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

#6431 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   934 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 28 December 2020 - 08:41 PM

#6432 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:05 PM

was able to get in and order one just now

#6433 Dramamine   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:07 PM

I was able to get one as well.  I wanted a Digital Edition but they only had the regular...this will work. FINALLY!

I happened to go to the store with 16 seconds before queue started, got extremely lucky! Thanks for the heads-up though!

#6434 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   934 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:10 PM

Awesome guys.

#6435 rondohatton  

rondohatton

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:20 PM

Well, they're gone now. I thought I had lucked out; I happened to jump on the queue the minute it went up. I didn't know about the new waiting room system, though, so when the queue went live, I never got close. And here I thought that it might be a little less demand after the holiday. Oh, well, more fool me.

When do people figure that the new consoles will be available in stores for normal purchasing? Spring, or even later?

#6436 Dramamine   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:34 PM

Well, they're gone now. I thought I had lucked out; I happened to jump on the queue the minute it went up. I didn't know about the new waiting room system, though, so when the queue went live, I never got close. And here I thought that it might be a little less demand after the holiday. Oh, well, more fool me.

When do people figure that the new consoles will be available in stores for normal purchasing? Spring, or even later?

I would think demand is down some just from it being after Christmas, hopefully, making scalpers less interested.  I don't think you'll be able to get them in most stores until online stock and availability increases a good amount.  Hopefully, over the next month or at most two. 

Most stores don't want to carry it because they don't want large gatherings due to COVID.  New generation hype, manufacturing slowness/complications (probably due to COVID), higher than expected demand (probably due to more people playing games than usual...again COVID related), and bots/scalpers buying up a good chunk of the stock has made this the perfect shit storm.  Same thing is happening with computer video cards and processors.

#6437 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:15 AM

Haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I got my Gamestop PS5 bundle delivered today.  Well everything except the NBA game.

Very pleasant surprise since my understanding was it wouldn't be delivered until Jan 5th.

#6438 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:17 AM

I would think demand is down some just from it being after Christmas, hopefully, making scalpers less interested.  I don't think you'll be able to get them in most stores until online stock and availability increases a good amount.  Hopefully, over the next month or at most two. 

Most stores don't want to carry it because they don't want large gatherings due to COVID.  New generation hype, manufacturing slowness/complications (probably due to COVID), higher than expected demand (probably due to more people playing games than usual...again COVID related), and bots/scalpers buying up a good chunk of the stock has made this the perfect shit storm.  Same thing is happening with computer video cards and processors.

It is completely random for the queue. My wife opened 3 windows before telling me to. So she had 3 windows open to be in the queue to see how long it would take for each one and I also had 3 windows open. All of us showed over an hour wait when it first started but mine counted down faster. By the time I was allowed in, she still had like 40 minutes wait time. I bought 1 and then closed out, eventually she got the notice that they were sold out which is fine because I got one and we just wanted to see how quickly that one would count down. It is a frustrating system but one that seems necessary to keep bots and resellers out.

#6439 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:58 AM

It is completely random for the queue. My wife opened 3 windows before telling me to. So she had 3 windows open to be in the queue to see how long it would take for each one and I also had 3 windows open. All of us showed over an hour wait when it first started but mine counted down faster. By the time I was allowed in, she still had like 40 minutes wait time. I bought 1 and then closed out, eventually she got the notice that they were sold out which is fine because I got one and we just wanted to see how quickly that one would count down. It is a frustrating system but one that seems necessary to keep bots and resellers out.

I think it’s a reasonable system- I’ve been smarting almost every time they’ve had them on ps direct and every single time, except for one, I never had less than an hour. Once I got to 0 and it said entering the store or whatever only to reset itself.

#6440 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:22 AM

Haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I got my Gamestop PS5 bundle delivered today.  Well everything except the NBA game.

Very pleasant surprise since my understanding was it wouldn't be delivered until Jan 5th.

That's awesome. I wish my bundle would ship early too: still in 'preparing for shipment' status.

#6441 tightclaws   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1927 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

tightclaws

Posted 29 December 2020 - 11:22 AM

Had 1 in cart 2 hour pick up this am @ Target (of course forgot password ) so no PS5  for me yda yda blah blah

#6442 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 11:38 AM

Was target nationwide or scattered? I didn’t see it available at all.

#6443 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 11:38 AM

Darn missed it again :(

#6444 fieryavenger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

fieryavenger

Posted 29 December 2020 - 11:40 AM

Was target nationwide or scattered? I didn’t see it available at all.

Nationwide dropped PS5 disc, then digital then xbox series S

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

#6445 sbaker44  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:17 PM

My son woke me up around 6 and I even checked to see if it was available. I must've just missed it or been too early. I was able to get an Xbox though.

#6446 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:07 PM

Was up at Amazon but the bots snapped them all up, wish Amazon would have a queue system.

#6447 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:45 PM

Was up at Amazon but the bots snapped them all up, wish Amazon would have a queue system.

Not all the bots. I finally snagged one. Mashed the F out of “move to cart” and then “checkout” until it went through. Took a couple minutes.

Unless it gets canceled, I finally have one for myself. I had MY Walmart order get canceled, but another Walmart order I made through my wife’s email went through. That arrives tomorrow and is going to my cousin for her kid for Christmas. Had 2 kohl’s orders get canceled but that was a win win right there.

#6448 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:52 PM

That's awesome. I wish my bundle would ship early too: still in 'preparing for shipment' status.

Best of luck, hope you get it soon!  I haven't had a lot of time to spend with it yet but liking it so far.  Friggin huge, lol.

#6449 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 06:16 PM

How long does it usually take sony/playstation.com to ship?

#6450 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 07:37 PM

How long does it usually take sony/playstation.com to ship?

Pretty quick from what I've heard: some said they got it just 2 days later.