* * * * - 12 votes

Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

#7831 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:36 PM

I was finally able to score a PS5 disc version at Walmart for delivery.

Probably shouldn't have bought it with recent expenses but after trying for soo long I was like if it lets me check out on the first try its mine.  

Good luck to everyone else still trying.  

#7832 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:30 PM

If anyone scores an extra Digital Edition PS5 by chance, PM me.  Been trying to get one for my buddy for months and we keep missing out.  Dude is the ONLY person in our group without one so I am trying to help him out lol.

And yes, I would like it at retail + shipping.

#7833 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:30 PM

Lol exactly why I don’t want to pay full price. I get frustrated as all hell at overly difficult games.

I really like Housemarque and don’t mind supporting them.

#7834 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:38 PM

I really like Housemarque and don’t mind supporting them.

This is my first game from them. It was such a unique idea I had to jump in from the start. I'll check out the studios other games for sure now. 

#7835 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 07 May 2021 - 06:08 PM

If anyone scores an extra Digital Edition PS5 by chance, PM me. Been trying to get one for my buddy for months and we keep missing out. Dude is the ONLY person in our group without one so I am trying to help him out lol.

I want one as well for retail and I will pay for shipping but I want a receipt to verify actual shipping cost

#7836 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2021 - 07:10 PM

I want one as well for retail and I will pay for shipping but I want a receipt to verify actual shipping cost

So both of you want someone to spend time and effort to get you a console, and foot the time to drop off, to not get a solid penny from you? At least try to be more appreciative of someone else.

And no I’m not asking you to give up a $50 or anything but don’t sound demanding when asking for a sought item like this please

#7837 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7056 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 07 May 2021 - 08:48 PM

So both of you want someone to spend time and effort to get you a console, and foot the time to drop off, to not get a solid penny from you? At least try to be more appreciative of someone else.

And no I’m not asking you to give up a $50 or anything but don’t sound demanding when asking for a sought item like this please

I don't mind trying to help Spraykwon, also known as Wu-tang guy, he offered me his Ghost of Tsushima CE at cost before when he could have easily sold it for a profit. 

#7838 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7056 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 07 May 2021 - 08:49 PM

If anyone scores an extra Digital Edition PS5 by chance, PM me.  Been trying to get one for my buddy for months and we keep missing out.  Dude is the ONLY person in our group without one so I am trying to help him out lol.

No guarantee though but if I see one pop up I'll try to help.

#7839 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2021 - 08:59 PM

No guarantee though but if I see one pop up I'll try to help.

Appreciate it bro.  He has been trying every time and I always send links and what not when they go live.  Zero luck, but I did help his bro in law get a digital one lol.  Now he is the last one I need to help.

I also still have two Ghost of Tsushima CE's in my garage both sealed.  Totally forgot about them until I read your post LOL

#7840 caggamer1   Banned Banned   27 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

caggamer1

Posted 08 May 2021 - 02:03 AM

Appreciate it bro.  He has been trying every time and I always send links and what not when they go live.  Zero luck, but I did help his bro in law get a digital one lol.  Now he is the last one I need to help.

I also still have two Ghost of Tsushima CE's in my garage both sealed.  Totally forgot about them until I read your post LOL

Just be sure not to accidentally ship them media mail. Games or consoles are not eligible to be sent media mail. I'm still looking at B&M stores for a PS5 and I'll give updates if I see any.

#7841 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:52 PM

I am not real tight with anyone here but at work two people were looking for consoles for their kids for Christmas.  If I was able to score one (I wasn't) I would have sold it to them at whatever I paid for it.  Not everyone is out to resell stuff at a premium.  

Kudos to those here willing to hook up a fellow CAG at cost.  

#7842 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   715 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2021 - 03:58 AM

I don't mind trying to help Spraykwon, also known as Wu-tang guy, he offered me his Ghost of Tsushima CE at cost before when he could have easily sold it for a profit. 

Not to put a damper on people just helping each other out, but the Tsushima CE could maybe make someone $20-$40 profit for a long period, if that, and why would someone have multiple still sealed if not for scalping?  It probably is one that was good to hold onto and is worth more now, but still a big difference in what is being asked for, giving up potentially $400 profit or someone’s own system with no end in sight to the shortages.  Nice to help someone out in buying a video game system, but also a pretty big ask of internet strangers.   Especially the demand for proof of shipping cost, that’s gotta be a joke right?

#7843 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7056 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 09 May 2021 - 04:34 AM

I thought the poster who wanted to verify the shipping cost was the one that actually sounded demanding and ungrateful.

#7844 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4417 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 09 May 2021 - 01:10 PM

Just be sure not to accidentally ship them media mail. Games or consoles are not eligible to be sent media mail. I'm still looking at B&M stores for a PS5 and I'll give updates if I see any.

I would never send an expensive item like a $500 system media mail even if it did qualify. More chance of it being lost and/or damaged as its in the delivery process for much longer time and is not a priority to the post office to get it to where its going like other faster services. I'm not saying priority mail never gets lost or damaged, but I feel its a higher chance for that to happen when an item is sent by media mail over other choices.

#7845 DrBayrd  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:06 PM

Sony direct ps5 queue at 5:30 pm est: https://direct-queue...er=akamai-1.0.2

#7846 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:23 AM

Finally scored a bundle from the GS drop today. Now hopefully the store will allow me to return/rebuy like they said they would to save the tax I had to pay.

That's going to make the kids' summer!

#7847 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:11 PM

Surprised no one has talked about it yet, but new dualsense colors announced & coming out next month.

https://blog.playsta...ing-next-month/

#7848 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:29 PM

Surprised no one has talked about it yet, but new dualsense colors announced & coming out next month.

The faceplate is more midnight blue than black, not sure how they fucked that one up.

#7849 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:50 PM

The faceplate is more midnight blue than black, not sure how they fucked that one up.

Huh? Looks 100% black to me.

#7850 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3790 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:34 PM

I ordered the red. Looks pretty sweet!

#7851 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6097 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:36 PM

They way they are just randomly dropping PS5 sales online to try to combat the resellers is actually just helping them.. I think its time Sony asks the stores to put stock on the floor randomly like Nintendo and MS do.... 

This is obnoxious

#7852 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:37 PM

That controller is black.  The starry blue background is messing with your perception. 

#7853 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:40 PM

That controller is black.  The starry blue background is messing with your perception. 

I'm talking about the plate near the thumbsticks, it's not pure black like the controller.

#7854 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:44 PM

I'm talking about the plate near the thumbsticks, it's not pure black like the controller.

It's the same color as it is on the red, and that's just the lighting and the finish of the photograph. 

#7855 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:02 PM

It's the same color as it is on the red, and that's just the lighting and the finish of the photograph. 

Hopefully, guess we'll see when it comes out.

#7856 knothead65  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:15 PM

Midnight Black features two subtly different shades of black with light grey detailing to reflect how we view space through the night sky, and Cosmic Red offers a striking black and red design inspired by the unique vivid shades of red found throughout the cosmos.

#7857 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:28 PM

Same. Reminds me of my Monster Hunter DS4 controller.

#7858 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:32 PM

Exquisite taste. I did the same.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#7859 SHADOW-X21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

SHADOW-X21

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:34 PM

Put in the pre-order for the Midnight Black controller & I already have the black-plates on my PS5.

Agreed by the way it looks on the picture of the faceplate color on the Midnight Black controler.

#7860 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4417 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 13 May 2021 - 11:31 PM

Why is the red one $5 more than the black one?