* * * * - 14 votes

Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

#9301 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7995 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 22 June 2022 - 09:29 PM

You can request an invitation to get the PS5 Disc Horizon Bundle at amazon

https://www.amazon.c...&tag=sec2002-20

#9302 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4496 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 09:50 PM

PS Direct is up, 5 min warning as of this post.

#9303 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3647 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 10:04 PM

thanks for the heads up.  In the queue now, 55min wait time from "over an hour" earlier.

Wait ended up only being 20 mins to get in.  Missed the disc only but had the Horizon bundle.  Bailed on the purchase since it's a voucher and I didn't want to spend real money for it.  Have too much credit at BB and GS, I'll wait a bit longer....

#9304 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 22 June 2022 - 10:25 PM

I was just trying to look at the direct site. I don't want another ps5. :(

#9305 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 22 June 2022 - 10:46 PM

Thank you so much! I didn’t get any email notice (despite signing up), but I just googled “Sony direct” and the whole process was simple to snag a unit!

Edit: They only had the Horizon bundle.

#9306 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2647 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 22 June 2022 - 11:04 PM

The PS5 with Horizon is still available.

Never mind. It's gone now.

#9307 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 22 June 2022 - 11:53 PM

Seems to be going in and out of stock. But lots of people are saying they can not check out.

#9308 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:43 PM

Well that was weird. Just bought a horizon ps5 bundle through direct without waiting on the Que at all

#9309 Kromis   Für das Vaterland! CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:50 PM

Well that was weird. Just bought a horizon ps5 bundle through direct without waiting on the Que at all

The queue is REALLY short. I was able to make it through in less than a minute and add a digital bundle to my cart just for kicks.

#9310 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 11:00 PM

The queue is REALLY short. I was able to make it through in less than a minute and add a digital bundle to my cart just for kicks.

I didn’t even want one. It was available, just for kicks I tried checking out and it let me so I did. I’ll find someone who needs one or I’ll just end up keeping it.

#9311 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 24 June 2022 - 03:37 AM

Same earlier this evening as I got the Horizon PS5 digital bundle.

My quest has finally ended.

#9312 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7995 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:56 AM

There's a Sam's Club Bundle if you want to go that route

https://www.samsclub...undle/P03008239

#9313 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24693 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2022 - 02:18 AM

Wait, I though they were only doing sales by invite? 

I legit don't get how I haven't been able to find a PS5 yet no matter what I try- PS Direct invite sign up, wario64, Amazon Prime invite sign up. 

#9314 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5869 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:12 PM

I legit don't get how I haven't been able to find a PS5 yet no matter what I try- PS Direct invite sign up, wario64, Amazon Prime invite sign up.

They opened public events twice this week

#9315 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5709 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 27 June 2022 - 02:06 AM

Felt the same way when I discovered PS Direct no longer sells certified refurbished PS4 Pro consoles.  Don't give up, although search elsewhere.

#9316 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7995 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 June 2022 - 09:30 PM

PS5 Disc Horizon Bundle still available
https://direct.plays...us/hardware/ps5

#9317 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24693 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2022 - 09:41 PM

I just snagged a disc Horizon bundle an hour and half ago from my work computer (hopefully the IT guys ignore it, LOL). 

I'm still in disbelief that I got one. Saw someone post on SD, checked it out of dumb luck on my phone and saw it was a wait time of 1 min. Figured it was an error so I checked my work laptop and my wait time was literally 1 minute. Got in order in ASAP before I realized I used my work computer for person shopping. LOL

Anyone know how PS direct ships these? Do they put it in a box or do they just slap a label on the box? 

#9318 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1938 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2022 - 10:05 PM

I just snagged a disc Horizon bundle an hour and half ago from my work computer (hopefully the IT guys ignore it, LOL).

I'm still in disbelief that I got one. Saw someone post on SD, checked it out of dumb luck on my phone and saw it was a wait time of 1 min. Figured it was an error so I checked my work laptop and my wait time was literally 1 minute. Got in order in ASAP before I realized I used my work computer for person shopping. LOL

Anyone know how PS direct ships these? Do they put it in a box or do they just slap a label on the box?

It’s very securely boxed

#9319 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 27 June 2022 - 10:17 PM

Still in stock

#9320 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4557 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 27 June 2022 - 10:22 PM

Hopefully this is a trend that more systems will stay in stock at various retailers soon. I have had one since launch and cant fathom the effort of constantly trying to get one for a year and a half.

#9321 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24693 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2022 - 12:31 AM

Hopefully this is a trend that more systems will stay in stock at various retailers soon. I have had one since launch and cant fathom the effort of constantly trying to get one for a year and a half.

I had a preorder and then canceled because I was like "nothing on the system I want to play ASAP, I can get this in a year when there are more games and probably will have deals on games, maybe even the system itself"... yeah, LOL, holy shit. 

Hopefully this is a sign though. Can't WAIT to fire this baby up! 

#9322 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 28 June 2022 - 12:40 AM

I had a preorder and then canceled because I was like "nothing on the system I want to play ASAP, I can get this in a year when there are more games and probably will have deals on games, maybe even the system itself"... yeah, LOL, holy shit.

Hopefully this is a sign though. Can't WAIT to fire this baby up!

The load times are such a QOL game changer. And, as a hearing impaired gamer, the ability to set at the system level that captions should always be on and have the system automatically inform the games of that rather than having to sit through a cutscene before I can enable them?

Sounds so minor if that isn't your lived experience, but if it IS, it's a huge accessibility thing.

#9323 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 28 June 2022 - 12:43 AM

Loading times alone are worth it 1000x over and that will only improve as last gen finally gets ignored.

#9324 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7995 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 28 June 2022 - 07:48 PM

There's a PS direct queue
https://direct-queue...er=akamai-1.0.2

#9325 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3647 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2022 - 08:56 PM

There's a PS direct queue
https://direct-queue...er=akamai-1.0.2

Looks like only the disc Horizon bundle is available again as of now.

#9326 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24693 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2022 - 12:44 AM

Damn, looks like the PS5 doesn't like my receiver... it's only a few years old but it doesn't seem to like that my receiver doesn't immediately switch video inputs. 

Definitely not a smooth start up but damn, even though I read a lot about it, the controller is more amazing than I thought... including Astro was a brilliant move. 

Wish I had time to actually fire up a game and play but can't decide on what. 

#9327 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4557 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 30 June 2022 - 12:57 AM

Definitely not a smooth start up but damn, even though I read a lot about it, the controller is more amazing than I thought... including Astro was a brilliant move. 

Definitely one of the best controllers made, but the battery life is horrible. I actually fired up my PS3 after a few years sitting there yesterday and damn, that Dualshock 3 feels like crap. lol

#9328 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7995 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 30 June 2022 - 01:18 AM

Damn, looks like the PS5 doesn't like my receiver... it's only a few years old but it doesn't seem to like that my receiver doesn't immediately switch video inputs.

The answer is right in front of you, Astro's Play Room. It's very good and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Horizon Forbidden West is pretty good too, story was not as strong as the first but everything else felt much better.

#9329 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1909 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2022 - 01:32 AM

If you like racing or driving games, Gran Turismo 7 looks amazing in 4K. You now have to do a double and triple take as the game looks real.

#9330 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24693 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2022 - 02:30 AM

Definitely one of the best controllers made, but the battery life is horrible. I actually fired up my PS3 after a few years sitting there yesterday and damn, that Dualshock 3 feels like crap. lol

I dunno, the DS design is still one of the better controller designs of the last few decades- still doesn't bother me as I still fire up PS1/2/3 games at least once a year. 

The answer is right in front of you, Astro's Play Room. It's very good and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Horizon Forbidden West is pretty good too, story was not as strong as the first but everything else felt much better.

I might just have to- seems like a good game for those short 20-30 minute gaming breaks I get these days. I do have the Horizon FW bundle so I could fire up FW and as much as I loved HZD (still my fave game of last gen), I just can't get excited for another open world game. 

If you like racing or driving games, Gran Turismo 7 looks amazing in 4K. You now have to do a double and triple take as the game looks real.

This was one I wanted to try because GT was a series I could not get into after GT3 because of the long ass load times- figured the PS5 super fast loads times would be great for this game... but all the microtransactions BS killed my interest.