9/17 - PS5 LIMITED Preorders IN STORE @ Gamestop!

Mysticales

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Just fyi, Most outside Gamestop stores open at Noon. HOWEVER the mall stores open at 11am.

As I suspected, They have a limited amount they can preorder. But you have to go in store to do it.

You may be able to do web in store as well.

I am writing this post to let you all know there is still hope if you act fast. Just secured ours at 1105am EST. =D (They only had like 10 available to preorder and we got the 2nd to last one)

You're about 18 hours late on this post, stores started taking PO's yesterday afternoon. Good luck
Someone else said same, however the Gamestops here had like 10 avail. Havent heard about Web In Store tho.

Either way of course YMMV, but least it was a chance for some and just making sure I let people know we did get one at 11am. =)

I would be careful pre-ordering at GS, many people have reported when they closed those stores a bit ago that they kept pre-order deposits and that they don't transfer to other stores. I honestly would be surprised to see GS close more stores before the new consoles drop.

I showed up to mine 30 mins early. There were six ppl ahead of me and manager said they had only 4 physical models and 2 digital. I waited but expected nothing since i was 7th.

I got to the counter and cashier told me I was getting their last $499 model. So stoked right now. Keep trying everyone if it’s anything like PS4 in 2013 they will have multiple waves of pre orders

Ehh... I was on the fence about preordering this or the XSX, but honestly after Sony's big event I'm solidly in the "Just Wait" category.

It's not that I'm no longer excited (I'm more excited!), it's just... they gave me SO MANY reasons to wait.

Horizon, Sackboy, and Spider-Man Miles Morales will all be on PS4?  With an upgrade to PS5?  Great, so I don't need to feel rushed to upgrade for those.  FFXVI will be a PS5 Exclusive?  Awesome, but it's still pretty far off, and will likely have a FF branded console - and I do like me a special edition console.

Like, best of luck to everyone trying to get theirs, but I hope I'm not alone in this feeling of "Well... Guess I can wait"

Went to my mall location at 11am, all gone. Then went to my normal free-standing location and they were out right at open. They basically said the whole south NJ area was out of stock.

Like, best of luck to everyone trying to get theirs, but I hope I'm not alone in this feeling of "Well... Guess I can wait"
You're not. That SSD storage size is a joke and I expect it won't be long before one with more than double the size comes out. The design, IMO, while not an awful design, won't age well, and they always have at least 1 or more redesigns or color choices. And that launch lineup is pretty mediocre.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be careful pre-ordering at GS, many people have reported when they closed those stores a bit ago that they kept pre-order deposits and that they don't transfer to other stores. I honestly would be surprised to see GS close more stores before the new consoles drop.
Yeah this would be true of franchised stores. I assume with corporate stores they roll over. Wouldn’t surprise me if a franchise knew they were going under they would keep the cash. What are you going to do sue a defunct business that went bankrupt...

You're not. That SSD storage size is a joke and I expect it won't be long before one with more than double the size comes out. The design, IMO, while not an awful design, won't age well, and they always have at least 1 or more redesigns or color choices. And that launch lineup is pretty mediocre.
Unlike Xbox it isn’t a proprietary drive so prices will get pretty cheap on expandable storage once fast enough ssds enter the market.

Unlike Xbox it isn’t a proprietary drive so prices will get pretty cheap on expandable storage once fast enough ssds enter the market.
Sure, but history suggests that it won't be long before larger size systems hit the market. And considering how quickly my 2Tb PS4 pro filled up, and with game sizes only continuing to get larger, i can imagine it will only get worse. External storage is basically a given, regardless, but internal storage needs to be big enough to not make it feel like it needs an upgrade shortly after purchase

So so far we know that these are launch titles;

• Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light
  • Destruction All Stars
  • Godfall
  • Spider Man Miles Morales
  • Spider Man Remastered
  • Fortnite
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure 
  • NBA 2K21
  • Madden 21
  • Marvel Avengers
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (worldwide launch date)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War (releases day after)
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (digital only)
These are unsure but should still be launch titles

• Watch Dogs Legion
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Yakuzu Like A Dragon
  • Dirt 5

Won't list them as they are PS4 games but reports are saying the Playstation Plus Collection games (18 so far) will be available day one.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/List_of_PlayStation_5_Launch_Games

bread's done
Back