* * * * * 3 votes

Xbox Series S/X Pre-Order Thread - Now with Direct Links! - Live 9/22 8AM PT, 11AM ET

#1081 officeofpresident   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

officeofpresident

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:39 PM

Sweet baby Jesus. It was a Joke. Ya know.....about Bethesda taking forever to develop a title. 

Yep i was joking too when i said you're a Dev. <facepalms>

#1082 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   744 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:40 PM

....rolls eyes....

#1083 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2317 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:50 PM

CoD Cold War digital for XBOX for $49 w/ CODE.

You can upgrade to next gen for $10. Game is $70 on release for NEXT GEN (Nov. 13, or a week before Cyberpunk).

Activision upgrade is really wacky. You cannot upgrade physical version of current gen xbox to next gen, but you can if you get digital. fwiw.

https://www.newegg.c...cSYbFsofqJCTHTg

#1084 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 25 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

Yep i was joking too when i said you're a Dev. <facepalms>

Obviously your comment was a joke, but your joke also makes it look like you took their comment seriously, and that's why you replied with your rude sarcastic jab about them being a dev.

#1085 officeofpresident   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

officeofpresident

Posted 25 October 2020 - 02:36 PM

Obviously your comment was a joke, but your joke also makes it look like you took their comment seriously, and that's why you replied with your rude sarcastic jab about them being a dev.

So you spent a lot of time thinking about this ROFL!

I doubt she was trying to make a joke since there were no LOLs or ROFL but since i did put a ROFL in there then i was clearly joking and not rude LOL! <geez, how many losers do i need to block around here ROFL>

JK, JK! <Just Kidding>

#1086 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   744 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2020 - 06:21 PM

So you spent a lot of time thinking about this ROFL!

I doubt she was trying to make a joke since there were no LOLs or ROFL but since i did put a ROFL in there then i was clearly joking and not rude LOL! <geez, how many losers do i need to block around here ROFL>

JK, JK! <Just Kidding>

Anyone with an IQ over 63 could tell my original post was a sarcastic joke referencing how long it takes Bethesda to release titles because you referenced starfield and elder scrolls. 

You clearly don’t fall into this category. Let me help you. LOL ROFL HAHA SMILEY EMOJI 

Clear enough for you?  Good Lord. 

#1087 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5543 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:07 PM

Whoa whoa ... calm down guys, you’re almost getting to the disruptive level of when Etcrane used to post in this thread ...

#1088 Leonard Shelby  

Leonard Shelby

Posted 25 October 2020 - 09:58 PM

Whoa whoa ... calm down guys, you’re almost getting to the disruptive level of when Etcrane used to post in this thread ...

welcome back.  why did you get banned in the first place?

#1089 officeofpresident   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

officeofpresident

Posted Yesterday, 02:07 AM

welcome back.  why did you get banned in the first place?

Lolz

#1090 kraken28  

kraken28

Posted Yesterday, 02:25 AM

I'll like to know my chances to get one on launch day.

#1091 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5543 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:58 AM

Who knows ... to all of it 😎. But if I were to speculate on scoring a PS5 or Series X on day one, I would say -

Target - We know they won’t have any stock in-store at launch according to a few sources I’ve seen.

GameStop - Maybe but with all their usual pre-order BS, I wouldn’t count on it.

Walmart - Maybe. If you have a Walmart that stays open til midnight or 24 HRs (not sure any of them do anymore) then it might be worth going at 11:30 the day before launch.

Best Buy - Also maybe, probably your best bet. If I were looking for a console, I’d go the day before and ask an associate if they’ll have any in stock. Guys on the floor are usually pretty helpful. There might already be a line of campers ... if camping is banned, then I would show up between 7-8 am on launch day, assuming the store open at 10. Show up at 6 am if you really really want one and have already confirmed stock.

But who knows, supposedly stock is scarce this year so it could be hard to guarantee a console but then maybe some areas will allow you to walk right in and grab one. In the olden days, we camped out overnight for Wii’s. I’ve always found it’s easier to get something at launch than it is to wait for restocks, because you have to compete with rabid Christmas shopping parents who didn’t know about launch day.

Good luck.

#1092 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15132 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:17 AM

Yeah, in a weird twist I’ll actually need an extra XSX for the wife. I had planned on giving her a PS5 but more and more it just makes sense to give her an Xbox since we share Game Pass. Thought I had this covered and didn’t make the backup XSX order I should have.  :bomb:

#1093 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   639 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:39 AM

Yeah, in a weird twist I’ll actually need an extra XSX for the wife. I had planned on giving her a PS5 but more and more it just makes sense to give her an Xbox since we share Game Pass. Thought I had this covered and didn’t make the backup XSX order I should have. :bomb:

Where you at? A couple people on here have extra XSX preorders. Myself included. And I’d like to try and get a ps5.

#1094 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

I'm also looking to give up my XSX from Amazon if anyone's interested - I'd rather wait on a MS restock and use my Bing rewards.  Only problem is, although I got in very early on pre-order day, there's still no estimated delivery date.  I'd rather wait and know it'll be there on release before offloading it to someone.

#1095 officeofpresident   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

officeofpresident

Posted Yesterday, 03:01 PM

Just saw on SD that QVC has a live preorder option right now for the Xbox Series S! 

https://www.qvc.com/...=Slickdeals_LLC

Unfortunately it's over priced at $359.xx + $14.xx S&H. They do offer a 3 payments plan $119.xx/payment.

#1096 slymm21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:05 PM

I currently have the Series X and Series S Preordered. Leaning towards the S and cancelling the X because I only play 2K and Madden every year in addition to not having a 4K TV. I'm curious which system you're going with and why.

#1097 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:21 PM

Anyone have their preorder disappear from MS Store?  I know this happened to some during pre orders but mine always appeared through the check order status link in my email and in my orderhistory.  Now I check today and it says "Order Not Found".  I assume I'm getting the shaft here.

#1098 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   639 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 PM

I currently have the Series X and Series S Preordered. Leaning towards the S and cancelling the X because I only play 2K and Madden every year in addition to not having a 4K TV. I'm curious which system you're going with and why.

Why are you yelling? I think that’s even worse than all caps! 😂

#1099 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2970 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:43 PM

Yeah, the Series S makes complete sense for your situation. You can always upgrade later when you need to take advantage of a 4K display.

#1100 masksacrafice  

masksacrafice

Posted Yesterday, 05:03 PM

Still cant find a Series X pre-order. Any word on some final pre-orders or is 3rd party sites my only option currently?

#1101 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

There's always the Taco Bell Giveaway.

#1102 officeofpresident   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

officeofpresident

Posted Yesterday, 05:11 PM

Still cant find a Series X pre-order. Any word on some final pre-orders or is 3rd party sites my only option currently?

Yeah 3rd party is only option until November 10th when M$ says another batch of consoles will go live but sadly once gone i doubt anymore will be available until way after Christmas unless you're willing to pay eBay prices!

#1103 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15132 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Pre-orders are done. At this point it will be launch day fiasco with Best Buy apparently being your best bet. I'd keep an eye online the evening of, as orders for store pickup may open up. Otherwise, GL in line or the hefty surcharge on eBay.

#1104 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted Yesterday, 07:44 PM

I dont know about pre-orders being done...

There is usually a small drop around the time they start shipping them from orders that were canceled, cc declined, etc.

IT will be a right time right place kind of thing lol

#1105 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15132 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:38 PM

I dont know about pre-orders being done...

There is usually a small drop around the time they start shipping them from orders that were canceled, cc declined, etc.

IT will be a right time right place kind of thing lol

One offs will happen, but there are no more waves coming this close to launch. Anything that becomes available now will just go towards day one allocation.

#1106 Sielanas  

Posted Today, 12:16 AM

Remember, nobody /needs/ it day 1. Supply will be there soon enough. Probably.

#1107 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted Today, 03:47 AM

No hope until next year then for series x purchase via Gamestop. Was hoping at least for a replenish but doesn't look likely..