* * * * * 5 votes

Xbox Series S/X Re-stock Thread

#721 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:52 PM

Looks like the press are getting working consoles and posting they will talk more about them "soon"

Also some word on reddit is that Gamestop stores will get more pre-orders in store on Monday.  Also, people are getting cancelled at Gamestop.  Looks like those that did All Access and bought a console so they got 2.

#722 toodarkpark   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

toodarkpark

Posted 23 September 2020 - 05:26 PM

I hope and pray some of next gen upgrades like Doom Eternal and Witcher 3 are at or pretty soon after launch because outside of Yakuza, these games feel like buying early access to the bargain bin.

#723 officeofpresident   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

officeofpresident

Posted 23 September 2020 - 05:30 PM

Looks like the press are getting working consoles and posting they will talk more about them "soon"

Also some word on reddit is that Gamestop stores will get more pre-orders in store on Monday.  Also, people are getting cancelled at Gamestop.  Looks like those that did All Access and bought a console so they got 2.

Wow Microsoft is really going full blast with this next Gen launch vs their failed previous one with the silly kinect. The press will be honest of any flaws so bold moves all around

Also I read the company behing that new RTX graphics card that sold out fast is trying to figure out which orders were by bots and is manually canceling them to try to stop the scalpers!

#724 sleepwalkingninja   Banned Banned   275 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

sleepwalkingninja

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:04 PM

I hope and pray some of next gen upgrades like Doom Eternal and Witcher 3 are at or pretty soon after launch because outside of Yakuza, these games feel like buying early access to the bargain bin.

CD has already said Witcher 3 will be out next year. I'm guessing springtime.

#725 mchittumjr  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:17 PM

So I plan on keeping my Xbox One X along with the Series X. How will that work with 2 people playing at the same time? I have 1 account with Game Pass ultimate. Is there a way that me and my kid can play in different rooms together on say Minecraft Dungeons? I added an account for her under my Microsoft family, but will she need her own Xbox Live subscription?

Also for the people using monitor's which one would you suggest for the Series X?

Third Question. Do you get Bing Reward points for ordering through Microsoft Store with gift cards?

#726 foxyg  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:25 PM

Third Question. Do you get Bing Reward points for ordering through Microsoft Store with gift cards?

Yes you do

#727 Mr. Anderson   spends too much time here CAGiversary!   9094 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Mr. Anderson

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:29 PM

Also for the people using monitor's which one would you suggest for the Series X?

CfYZpc8.jpg

#728 2changz  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:44 PM

Third party games, see what Bethesda does, use Game Pass, and maybe there will be a new Forza and Halo Infinite around next year.

That's.... about it.

Yeah I'm probably gonna cancel before it ships LOL. Just wanted to get in on the hype.

#729 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

Did the Seagate Storage Expansion Cards go on sale anywhere yet?

#730 sleepwalkingninja   Banned Banned   275 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

sleepwalkingninja

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:57 PM

Did the Seagate Storage Expansion Cards go on sale anywhere yet?

Nope. They haven't even announced how much they'll be. It's odd because DF posted a video of them setting up their SX and they have the expansion card. Not sure why they haven't announced pre-orders yet.

#731 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:22 PM

the 1tb ssd nvme seagate expansion card from their website says this holiday; could be nov-feb.  

another place posted estimate price for this around $220 USD.  

for those ready for xbox series x:  I am excited to find out how it will run regular xbox one games in improved form; resolution, framerate, etc. 

microsoft has been coy on the specifics.  

automatic HDR is a neat feature.   

#732 Phi  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:01 PM

Sorry if this is already known: https://www.business...-fallout-2020-9

Summary of link: Some announced games to come to PS5 from Bethesda, but future games may be decided on case by case basis.

#733 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

Sorry if this is already known: https://www.business...-fallout-2020-9

Summary of link: Some announced games to come to PS5 from Bethesda, but future games may be decided on case by case basis.

Yeah those 2 games will be timed exclusive it seems, so Xbox will see them, but Sony gets em first like they paid for.

#734 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15749 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:09 PM

Wow Microsoft is really going full blast with this next Gen launch vs their failed previous one with the silly kinect. The press will be honest of any flaws so bold moves all around.

Honestly, I was their biggest critic and they have won me over with addressing just about every complaint I had back then. Truly, they deserve a great launch because they earned it.

#735 h2dk  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:25 PM

So I plan on keeping my Xbox One X along with the Series X. How will that work with 2 people playing at the same time? I have 1 account with Game Pass ultimate. Is there a way that me and my kid can play in different rooms together on say Minecraft Dungeons? I added an account for her under my Microsoft family, but will she need her own Xbox Live subscription?

Make the One X your home console.  That will be her primary console.  You login to the Series X when you play.  All games, subs, etc. are tied to your home console and your gamertag.  You can play the same game (digital/gamepass) at the same time.

#736 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:47 AM

Expansion on Best Buy. Quite steep, $220 for 1 tb.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6425015

#737 defiance_17   You're bastard people. CAGiversary!   2378 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

defiance_17

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:48 AM

Hey, friends. If you upgraded from the Elite controller to 2.0, is it worth the leap? I'm thinking of burning the rest of my discounted credit on one for the new console.

#738 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   440 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:53 AM

Hey, friends. If you upgraded from the Elite controller to 2.0, is it worth the leap? I'm thinking of burning the rest of my discounted credit on one for the new console.

I expect to get fully roasted on this but after getting the first version of the Elite controller, I never understood the hype. It wasn’t bad at all but having the paddles on (I think that’s what they were called) never felt right for any of the games and I ended up never using them so it was just a heavier normal controller.

Never understood the reason for it when the base controller is so good already, but I think it’s more the price for me than anything.

#739 defiance_17   You're bastard people. CAGiversary!   2378 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

defiance_17

Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:28 AM

I expect to get fully roasted on this but after getting the first version of the Elite controller, I never understood the hype. It wasn’t bad at all but having the paddles on (I think that’s what they were called) never felt right for any of the games and I ended up never using them so it was just a heavier normal controller.

Never understood the reason for it when the base controller is so good already, but I think it’s more the price for me than anything.

Fair point, my 1.0 was a gift (and a gift I love).

#740 Series M  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:40 AM

Expansion on Best Buy. Quite steep, $220 for 1 tb.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6425015

Hopefully by the time I get close to filling the original 1TB these will drop in price and maybe come out with a larger size.

#741 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:30 AM

I have the v1 elite and I’ve considered multiple times getting the new one. However when I look at it objectively I figure there will be a V3 in about a year or so and then I’ll want that one, so I’m patiently waiting.

#742 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8840 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:47 AM

So I realized last night why the Series X works for me. Right now my PC runs a RX-570 gfx card and for me to actually update to something on the level of the Series X, i'm going to need $300 or so GFX card, probably a new PSU (because mine is probably not rated for 700w which a 2080 needs), and a SSD so all in all that's almost a Series X right there.

Could I upgrade my PC, sure. but since I use my PC for work as well as gaming, don't want to mess with it atm. I'll just buy a series x.

#743 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:50 AM

Tokyo Game Show 2020 Microsoft Xbox Press Conference starts in 10 minutes on YouTube. IGN is streaming it. Not sure if it's streaming on Xbox's youtube also. IGN is that first place that I saw it pop up on YouTube.

#744 Series M  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:22 PM

deleted.

#745 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1129 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

I got an email overnight from microsoft.com saying that I still have the Series X in my cart and to check out.  So I'm trying now and when I go to place order I get an "Unable to purchase the order at this time, please try again."

I got as far as the review page on the 22nd with it in my cart.

#746 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8840 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

Watching this TGS event, the takeaways are so far...

Microsoft going hard on expanding in Japan which means more Japanese games on Xbox potentially.

The Xbox Minecraft community are crazy with their creations.

Balan Wonderworld looks incredible.

RE VIII looks great.

#747 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:37 PM

I bought one and loved it.  As soon as the criminally short warranty period (90days?!?!) passed it had serious drift issues in the left thumbstick.

Microsoft wouldn't do a damn thing except have me send it in for a refurb for another $100.

Lucky for me, I was able to return it via Google Shopping.

So, I know that Microsoft did not learn a thing from the first Elite and used the same cheap modules.

They won't support an obvious defect that they are responsible for.

So, I wouldn't purchase a premium accessory from them unless it was a deal and if you do, get the extended warranty.

I heard the latest batches of Elite v2 were silently fixed so it may not be an issue but fool me once.

#748 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3857 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 02:36 PM

I agree.  It's fine, but if you're not using the paddles or extra features, it's just a nicer feeling controller.  I've never understood the obsession with better controllers, though.  The standard one feels fine to me and i'm not looking at it that much so special colors and designs are not that exciting, either.

#749 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:32 PM

Yeah honestly the only thing holding me back from upgrading to the Elite 2.0 is all of the issues people have reported since its release. I’d definitely get it at Best Buy or somewhere you can add a 2 year+ warranty for it.

#750 DRKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:36 PM

Does anyone know if you can use usb 3.0 external hard drives on the series x or is it only 3.1 and higher.  I cannot find it anywhere and I know that you need the SSD for series x games.