Nintendo Switch: Animal Crossing limited edition console available $299.99 at Gamestop

Cloudx9

CAGiversary!
website doesn't work currently due to PS5 preorder fiasco, but you can currently go into the app and order it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a small quantity of extra stock Nintendo was planning on releasing, revealed in a news blurp yesterday.  It looks like Nintendo still likes GameStop and gave at least some to them for sales.

Good timing, since even regular dock Switches are hard to find, let alone a limited addition.  Early Christmas shopping FTW.

The website does work, it just takes like 20'ish minutes to "connect" from the queue.  The order went through just fine after that.

Console only is now OOS, theres still a bundle available with digital copy of the game @ $359.99

I had it in my cart and when I checkout, it was gone☹️ They should at least give a couple minutes to checkout.  It would’ve been a great present for my friend’s birthday.

Yes! Got one at Best Buy.

How much do you think I could get for my old switch? It’s the newer version.
$175 at GameStop towards a next gen. I’m general probably pretty close to full price since everywhere is still sold out everywhere of systems.

$175 at GameStop towards a next gen. I’m general probably pretty close to full price since everywhere is still sold out everywhere of systems.
I appreciate the help but I’m not gonna let gamestop take me for a ride. I was thinking about Craigslist or amazon marketplace.

Nice to see it's available to those who still want one without paying ridiculous prices. Really like the dock and joycons in this set. 

Can’t believe this is still in stock.
I think they made more. Pretty sure I saw someone mention months ago (not sure it was someone worth listening to) how the original run of the AC version was cut short by COVID and as Nintendo has tried to ramp up production, they mainly focused on the Lites and standard colors since those were "easier" to make or something.

I think they made more. Pretty sure I saw someone mention months ago (not sure it was someone worth listening to) how the original run of the AC version was cut short by COVID and as Nintendo has tried to ramp up production, they mainly focused on the Lites and standard colors since those were "easier" to make or something.
They totally did. What's odd is they had supply constraints all summer with Covid so spinning this edition back up in their factory is pretty interesting considering the additional investment on their part at no cost to the consumer. You can sell a standard switch on Ebay close to retail based on said supply issues. I sold an Xbox One S $260 and bought the Cyberpunk Xbox One X for $300 a month or so ago.

Either way it's been crazy that resale of systems has been at an all time high all year make upgrades a pretty reasonable proposition. Finally, chatting at Gamestop for the first time possibly this year, they said they cut off buying tons of items for months which decimated used inventory of high demand stuff. No idea what exactly that meant but I noted at the time that you couldn't buy an Xbox One S anywhere which clearly explained the demand on Ebay.

I got an email this week from best buy for a cardmember mystery offer. When you click on it, it says $25 off when you spend $250 on your BB card by 9/27. I hope this counts towards that. The fine print at the bottom did NOT list any exclusions, so fingers crossed.

Edit— actually, I may not qualify for the bonus $25 certificate. I couldn’t have it shipped to me, so I did “ship to store” and it won’t be there til 10/1. I believe the card won’t be charged until I pick it up, so I probably won’t be eligible. :(

I got an email this week from best buy for a cardmember mystery offer. When you click on it, it says $25 off when you spend $250 on your BC card by 9/27. I hope this counts towards that. The fine print at the bottom did NOT list any exclusions, so fingers crossed.
Edit— actually, I may not qualify for the bonus $25 certificate. I couldn’t have it shipped to me, so I did “ship to store” and it won’t be there til 10/1. I believe the card won’t be charged until I pick it up, so I probably won’t be eligible. :(
My guess is that it does work. If not a simple phone call will resolve that issue. In my experience, BB will take care of the customer

I wish they would sell the docks and joycons separately. Can't imagine the profit margin on the docks or joycons isn't quite a bit higher than the system... but who knows. I guess they want / consumers want that illusion of rarity  :bomb: I just wouldn't mine swapping out docks every few months.  O:)

I wish they would sell the docks and joycons separately. Can't imagine the profit margin on the docks or joycons isn't quite a bit higher than the system... but who knows. I guess they want / consumers want that illusion of rarity :bomb: I just wouldn't mine swapping out docks every few months. O:)
Why sell JUST the dock for $50 or JUST the Joy-Cons for $80... when they can sell you the whole thing for $300?

I wish they would sell the docks and joycons separately. Can't imagine the profit margin on the docks or joycons isn't quite a bit higher than the system... but who knows. I guess they want / consumers want that illusion of rarity :bomb: I just wouldn't mine swapping out docks every few months. O:)
I'm going to get one of these docks so I can have one in the living room.

edit: imagine giving someone a 1 star rating in someones profile for giving valuable info, couldn't be me.

Just before I was going to bed, I decided to check bestbuy again and they actually had it in stock and I can pick it up on my friends birthday no less

There were 8+ of these consoles in the case at a Target I checked this morning.
In my area they're all selling on offerup and craigslist for about $500. Normal switches going for about 300. Then again, whenever gamestop gets a console they barely have time to unpack it before someones ready to buy it and everywhere is sold out due to covid.

Target.com is showing zero stock in all the targets in my area.
So I was in the same boat around 8pm last night. I decided to call around and two of the locations had one in stock each, but listed as OOS. I’d definitely call around and ask. Was able to grab one at the one closer to me.

Got one for pick up at Target. This is going to be my daughter's birthday present, so this is awesome. She's going to be shocked!

FYI these seem to be trickling out slowly in store at Best Buy too. I randomly checked again and there was one store in my area that let me place an order.

I believe i also read somewhere (can’t remember where) that GameStops are supposed to be getting around 10 of these per store starting this upcoming week, and they’ll be first come first serve.

I don't think any consumer knows exactly how limited these will be going forward. But it's possible this ends up being the last production wave.

I don't think any consumer knows exactly how limited these will be going forward. But it's possible this ends up being the last production wave.
In all the articles I read, including the blurp by Wario64 and the recap by Spawn Wave, I don't ever recall seeing anything about production of these LE's.

My understanding was, these were kept on reserve post-production, in case of massive issues. With no issues Nintendo is dumping their horde in the absence of regular Switch's. When you think about it, Nintendo can't keep basic dockable Switches on store shelves - why would they re-manufacture limited editions (production is already super slow). Granted they will all sell nicely .. but ... umm..

My money is on they were made earlier this year and sitting around as a fail-safe. And since ACNH was a huge success, this release of old stock would help reduce the stress for someone trying to find a Switch. Nintendo comes out as the champion against scalpers, and makes customers happy! Win / Win.

So every Target/Bestbuy in the Houston area and surrounding suburbs got plenty of Animal Crossing switches in late Friday/early Saturday. By last night it was pretty much completely wiped out. Geez!!!

On stock at some targets Around me right now. For in-store pickup only. I'd act fast, Best buy had them yesterday morning. All gone later in the day.

So every Target/Bestbuy in the Houston area and surrounding suburbs got plenty of Animal Crossing switches in late Friday/early Saturday. By last night it was pretty much completely wiped out. Geez!!!
Yeah I'm in that area. I'm just thankful that we had a pretty decent window of them being available. I don't think many people knew about them before the info caught a lot of attention on SD by mid-day saturday.

The main reason I feel like they manufactured more is just the sheer amount that was available. Seems at least equal to the original number of consoles available at release, at least in stores in my area.

Also I think the box is a little different this time. Could be wrong but I don't think the one I preordered 6mo ago had the blue/airplane graphic on the back of the box.
Edit: Probably remembered incorrectly. Looks like the box from initial release had the same back design.

Yeah I'm in that area. I'm just thankful that we had a pretty decent window of them being available. I don't think many people knew about them before the info caught a lot of attention on SD by mid-day saturday.

The main reason I feel like they manufactured more is just the sheer amount that was available. Seems at least equal to the original number of consoles available at release, at least in stores in my area.

Also I think the box is a little different this time. Could be wrong but I don't think the one I preordered 6mo ago had the blue/airplane graphic on the back of the box.
Haven’t gotten mine yet so can’t compare. You should just check out an unboxing video.

I picked one up. Know if you play animal crossing on your old switch and want to transfer it over you need to go in game make sure backups are enabled under the - menu.
After that open a chat with nintendo say you have the old switch to a sibling or something and now it's currently broke. So you want save transfered to new switch. They'll want the s/n of both switches and they will walk you through the process. Way for nintendo to make something that should be easy a pain in the ass.

I picked one up. Know if you play animal crossing on your old switch and want to transfer it over you need to go in game make sure backups are enabled under the - menu.
After that open a chat with nintendo say you have the old switch to a sibling or something and now it's currently broke. So you want save transfered to new switch. They'll want the s/n of both switches and they will walk you through the process. Way for nintendo to make something that should be easy a pain in the ass.
Have you actually done this? What happens to the old Switch? Is it still usable or does Nintendo fuck with it somehow? What if you don't provide the serial number of the old Switch? Could they just download your AC backup from the cloud regardless? So many questions lol

I told them it was currently not working. After it transfered over I removed animal crossing from the old switch nothing wrong with the old switch. I didn't say it was stolen and I made it clear it wasn't currently working. I'm pretty confident they just have to click a button on their side to allow your save transfer. From what I understand your only suppose to be allowed to do this once but I bet nintendo would do it again because it was stupidly easy for them to do and the representative didn't ask any clarifying questions so don't think she really cared if I was losing or not.

I told them it was currently not working. After it transfered over I removed animal crossing from the old switch nothing wrong with the old switch. I didn't say it was stolen and I made it clear it wasn't currently working. I'm pretty confident they just have to click a button on their side to allow your save transfer. From what I understand your only suppose to be allowed to do this once but I bet nintendo would do it again because it was stupidly easy for them to do and the representative didn't ask any clarifying questions so don't think she really cared if I was losing or not.
I don’t understand why you have to lie to nintendo. Shouldn’t it be as simple as “I bought a new switch. Please transfer my island to it,”

bread's done
Back