Leveraging against Black Friday

nricexbox

CAGiversary!
Black Friday is the one day a year I let myself buy games.  Good shot at the best deal of the year, and if it wasn't on sale one year, it will be probably the next (see Spider-Man the last two years).

Anyway, a couple of months ago I saw stores are forgoing at least some of the Black Friday availability.  So I'm curious: are there deals that are likely to top BF coming from Amazon and Target during their "days"?  I will say, Walmart has had most of the best deals (for me) recently.  Target and Gamestop have had a few though.  

Would a store have a deal 1-2 months out from BF and then another on BF?

I've never been impressed with Amazon prime days in regards to video games, and their BF deals have been poor for many years on games - just matching other retailers. Is this Target days concept new? I don't recall it before. Either way, I don't expect prices here to beat BF.

I've never been impressed with Amazon prime days in regards to video games, and their BF deals have been poor for many years on games - just matching other retailers. Is this Target days concept new? I don't recall it before. Either way, I don't expect prices here to beat BF.
I agree here. I feel like most of the video game deals on BF are for popular titles released within the year that have already seen a sales slump and just get the same basic price cut across all retailers. Outside of that, the only things that go on sale on Prime is are Amazon's own items and the usually stuff from unknown Chinese brands.

Target Days is new, they're basically competing with Prime Days. I can't see either being anything more than marketing ploys but competition is usually good for the consumer.

There will be no BF for most big box retailers. Target I thought came out and said they'll just start selling at BF prices starting in November to allow their customers to shop and know they're getting the best price. I like that approach. Expect others like Best Buy to follow that lead.

Do most of my BF at Target or Best Buy (and some Costco) so this sounds great to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like Prime Day (Oct 13-14) is basically gonna be BF this yr... outside of Target, WM and BB both said they'll have deals on that day. 

bread's done
Back