Shenmue III - $7.99 + shipping or free pickup - Best Buy (Amazon Price Match)

Nice, glad I waited.  Thanks OP.

Edit: As gospelman said, free steelbook added to purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't get much cheaper than this.  They tried to sneak a split pickup instead of shipping for the steelbook on me, so check that before you place an order.

Thanks bb, I can't sign-in. Change your password? No. Shenmue III will have to continue to wait. Fallout 76 & steelbook, will have to wait.

This is why I don't Kickstarter games that will have wide distribution. Anyway haven't played the others, though I own the 2 pack. Will get this anyway since I doubt this will get much cheaper.

I was literally just in the store today and it was showing $39.99 when I picked up the three games I listed in the YMMV thread. Wonder if it was a late change or if they just missed that tag.

Either way, they still seem to have it in stock, and I already have the steelbook, so I'll pounce. Thanks, OP!

A very disappointing game, but for $8 it's a decent price. The steelbook is impressive, though.

It will probably be remastered for PS5/Xbox Series X, just watch. I was tempted at the price but I never even ended up playing my PAL copy of Shenmue 2 for the Dreamcast that I imported when it released. It's that collector twinge that always nudges you.

Don't know when I will play it but ordered two copies for this price, figured my brother would want a copy and my store only had a couple left. 

It will probably be remastered for PS5/Xbox Series X, just watch. I was tempted at the price but I never even ended up playing my PAL copy of Shenmue 2 for the Dreamcast that I imported when it released. It's that collector twinge that always nudges you.
You never even played Shenmue II?
What are you even doing here?... Anyone would think that before even be thinking about part 3 you would want to experience part 2 first... especially having it on its original Dreamcast form.
🤔🙄🤔

Thanks for this. Always wanted to try this as I was a fan of the original but didn't know how much nostalgia could carry this game for me.

This was a commercial flop that probably caused a lot of interested people (and even some of the diehards) to walk away from the franchise.

Only way Shenmue goes on now is if Sony (again) or Microsoft throws money at it. That Yu Suzuki basically gave fans a game almost 20 years later that didn't do one iota to bring any closure to the story is one of the biggest insults in modern gaming history.

Just checked out as a guest. Supposedly, I got the last copy at the local BB.

Wow! I never got to play Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast. That would be great! I wonder if I still have a save of Shenmue on the Dreamcast.

My copy came via Fedex from Best Buy already.  No idea when I'll play it though.  Steelbook is coming next week. 

Shenmue 1 & 2 (PS4) was $9.50 on clearance at my local BestBuy today when I went to pick up my copy of Shenmue 3. Prices will vary by location. Good Luck Y'all !!

Looks like I need to see if they have another steelbook, there's some damage on the cover.

All this and I missed the Borderlands 3 deal of the day too.

Looks like I need to see if they have another steelbook, there's some damage on the cover.
If they don't, let me know. I'd bought a steelbook earlier this year in anticipation of buying the game eventually, and they gave me another with my purchase yesterday. I can see if I can dig up the first one for you.

Just like the sega dreamcast system hitting $49; now yall come support when its too late. Please Buy shenmue3 so we get shenmue4! Original supporter since 1995!

Just like the sega dreamcast system hitting $49; now yall come support when its too late. Please Buy shenmue3 so we get shenmue4! Original supporter since 1995!
What are you an original supporter of since 1995? Sega? They have nothing to do with this.

What are you an original supporter of since 1995? Sega? They have nothing to do with this.
That, and even if they did, Sega's history extends well past 1995. If one were to start supporting Sega in '95, that's just in time for 32X and Saturn and...woof.

I do love me some Dreamcast, though.

That, and even if they did, Sega's history extends well past 1995. If one were to start supporting Sega in '95, that's just in time for 32X and Saturn and...woof.

I do love me some Dreamcast, though.
Ah, the DC. Hard to believe there are still some games stranded on that system. You'd think by this point all of em would've been ported to at least one or more other consoles.

Ah, the DC. Hard to believe there are still some games stranded on that system. You'd think by this point all of em would've been ported to at least one or more other consoles.
Well that happens on every console. Most of the remaining Dreamcast exclusives are not great games they did finally port Shenmue 1 which was the biggest game not to be ported but there are a few others that should have been ported. Capcom could have made some HD version of Project Justice or combine it with Rival Schools, it never came to America but Cosmic Smash is fun as hell. I personally found a few horror games like Blue Stinger and Carrier to be decent. Sword of the Berserk was also a decent hack n slash game. But honestly I'm not surprised any of the games I just mentioned except maybe Project Justice was never ported to another console.

Here is a list of still exclusive Dreamcast games but it's not complete because there's no Project Justice. Maybe since it was in arcades they don't count it as exclusive anyway https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Dreamcast-only_games

Sega is teasing Sonic Adventure 3 in 2021 for Sonic's 30th anniversary!!     wow!        Shenmue 3 + Sonic Adventure 3 = Dreamcast 2 !

bread's done
Back