CAGcast #655: Ben is Gonna Give it to You

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Ben Gilbert joins the gang with his Xbox Series X impressions and Wombat reads a comment about how great the show audio quality is, cursing this episode.

Download (1 hr 40 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Today's show is brought to you by Mack Weldon!
For 20% off your first order, please visit MackWeldon.com and and use promo code: CAGCAST

Show Linkage/Notes:
Outro - Mark Knight & Rene Amesz (feat. Tasty Lopez) - All 4 Love (Extended Mix)
Intro - GI Joe Triple Win Game Commercial 80s

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy D gives Adam Sandler shit for product placement in his latest movie.
Also Cheapy D (literally seconds later): oh man, these Mack Weldons are so awesome!
Moral: let the dude make his money.

To be fair to Strange Brew, Shipwreck literally says, “why did we invite this guy on?” Though, I think it’s more a reflection of the lack of preparedness by the hosts rather than the guest.

Skylanders! Oh, man. I miss that series. It was light fun I could play with my nieces. Has anyone tried the hardware backwards compatibility of the Xbox SeX with peripherals like the Skylanders portals or Rock Band guitars?

This was a fine Cagcast, and I enjoyed Ben's guest appearance.

So here's something I was wondering regarding the new consoles and fact that they seem like they'd be happier as vertical towers next to my entertainment center rather than sitting inside it...

Both Series X and PS5 look like nice fire hydrant shapes that a dog might want to pee on. 

I just got a new puppy and that dude's going back if he pisses on a $500 console... 

Ahhhh, that hard drive talk was frustrating. 

It's pretty simple with hard drives, you have two choices. for X $, you can go with speed or capacity. You can't have both.

So for these consoles, after hearing complaints about load times for years, they decided to go with speed, which is why sony/MSFT are going with nVME drives. For example, WD just announced a PS5 compatible SSD and at 1tb it's MSRP is $230. So expensive now because it is brand new technology, but it will get cheaper later. 

Also, games should get smaller in size or stay the same. I have a 500gb SSD in my PC and only have problems with space because COD MW is 250gb which is a huge outlier and not normal at all. 

So I really don't get what the complaints are. the 600-800GB of HDD space should be fine for 3-4 AAA games at a time so it shouldn't be that big of issue. 

Cheapy D gives Adam Sandler shit for product placement in his latest movie.
Also Cheapy D (literally seconds later): oh man, these Mack Weldons are so awesome!
Moral: let the dude make his money.
Dude, do i really need to explain the difference from a clearly labeled ad and a movie product placement?

You shill $100 sweat pants and still promote Harry's even after they spit in the face of customers and sold to Schick.

Don't act like you have some sort of advertising integrity. You'd push that Mars/Hershey poison in a second, given the opportunity.

Wombats complaining was epic this episode. If you don’t like, it don’t buy it but please don’t hijack the show with an impotent tirade.

Andrew Ryan

Wombats complaining was epic this episode. If you don’t like, it don’t buy it but please don’t hijack the show with an impotent tirade.

Andrew Ryan
THIS ^^^^^

The episode was ruined by Wombat's time wasting tirades about storage and how streaming games will not work. Come on man, we get the point but just keep it the complaint brief and move on with the show.

Wombat did an excellent job of playing the role of uninformed, angry gamer on this episode.  Shipwreck really failed on playing the part of equally angry gamer trying to provide useful information.  He was way too calm with his sensible, straight forward responses to the ever escalating Wombat.  I have to say though, I do not LOVE the cost of those new drives but I understand the difference between choosing to accept the inconvenience of re-downloading or moving around data vs spending that extra money as being a CHOICE rather than a PROBLEM the console manufacturers NEED TO SOLVE!  Good show as always gang.

I enjoyed you guys having Ben on as a guest and would love to have him back when he is able to discuss more about the Xbox Series X.  

bread's done
Back