Limited release Fire Emblem for Switch

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
So, Nintendo is doing it again. This will only sell for a while and then no more. It is the Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition. Currently only Gamestop has it, but other retailers may get it, too. Once stock is out it is out for good. Doesn't look like they made a lot of these compared to Mario.

The games are digital only, but this box includes codes for them. From website:

This includes a replica NESTM Game Pak art piece, a replica game box with a localized version of the original Famicom instruction manual, protective sleeve and world map, a Mini Nintendo Power retro collectible, hardbound 222 page Legacy of Archanea deluxe art book, and game download code.

I wasn't able to snag one. Please post here if you manage to find someone selling it.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/fire-emblem-30th-anniversary-edition/11111007.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Nintendo+Everything&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=qd9XcyEa3J0-KgblvzXVFmGIea8StHp8Ww

3c98200a7705f6ab4b2f28813e3cf5c7-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I own every Fire Emblem game, including a Satellaview version Thracia 776 I got on a trip in Japan (which I consider "close enough" because it's physical Japanese release was very limited). But this release literally came out of nowhere. I'm having deja vu with the Majora's Mask statue that went down the same way a few years back. Announced and instantly sold out and scalped. 

Nobody wins from this release as the fans can't actually buy them. If you got one, I commend you. If you bought multiple, I wouldn't mind paying a little more than $50 but man, I really wanted this and all I can do is hope I see it again at the right time. 

I Actually got one yesterday after the first Gamestop stock of it went out, but about an hour later they had more. I'll be honest, this series is one of those "I'll get around to it!" and somehow I haven't played a single one, but I think I have nearly all the Western releases.

And I look forward to this thread devolving into another "HERE'S MY GRIPE WITH NINTENDO..." thread like they always do.

Yea, I own Thracia 776 repo with English subs on SNES. Only repo I own in my collection. Really wish they made a remaster of that one as it is so different from other games in series.

I just have this urge to own all limited FE items. I own all of them minus 3 houses. Love the series. Hate the weirdo FE fans, though. Those guys are total creeps, losers.

I Actually got one yesterday after the first Gamestop stock of it went out, but about an hour later they had more. I'll be honest, this series is one of those "I'll get around to it!" and somehow I haven't played a single one, but I think I have nearly all the Western releases.

And I look forward to this thread devolving into another "HERE'S MY GRIPE WITH NINTENDO..." thread like they always do.
That's my plan here, too. Going to call Gamestop and see if they are doing some of their lame promotions where they make me pay for something else as a bundle. I believe other retailers might be getting it, too, but who knows when.

Aside, I don't really take issue with what Nintendo is doing. I want this stuff to be limited. Not to resell or anything. I just enjoy having something that is "rare."

That's my plan here, too. Going to call Gamestop and see if they are doing some of their lame promotions where they make me pay for something else as a bundle. I believe other retailers might be getting it, too, but who knows when.

Aside, I don't really take issue with what Nintendo is doing. I want this stuff to be limited. Not to resell or anything. I just enjoy having something that is "rare."
I Just like looking at the worth of some of my games and just smile and nod even though I will never sell them or possibly even play them because I'm waiting for it to all fall over and crush me.

I just think in the end if people don't like what Nintendo is doing just don't buy their shit. I Don't need long manifesto's on why Nintendo is bad and why their fans are bad for enabling them because in the end it's video games and their own money. With that being said, hell yeah 200+ page artbook I can't get anywhere else!

Yea, I own Thracia 776 repo with English subs on SNES. Only repo I own in my collection. Really wish they made a remaster of that one as it is so different from other games in series.

I just have this urge to own all limited FE items. I own all of them minus 3 houses. Love the series. Hate the weirdo FE fans, though. Those guys are total creeps, losers.
Yup, I got that too.

https://imgur.com/a/pShNpql - That's my collection of loot.

I Just like looking at the worth of some of my games and just smile and nod even though I will never sell them or possibly even play them because I'm waiting for it to all fall over and crush me.

I just think in the end if people don't like what Nintendo is doing just don't buy their shit. I Don't need long manifesto's on why Nintendo is bad and why their fans are bad for enabling them because in the end it's video games and their own money. With that being said, hell yeah 200+ page artbook I can't get anywhere else!
Yeah, my beef was I'm obviously a big fan but my eyes are glued to work all morning so I just missed it. It is what it is. I have dozens of games I never touched upon due to adulting and devoting half my life to work, but the younger part of me still wants it so my collection remains complete.

A fun brief story was when I waited outside Best Buy to get my Lucina and Robin amiibos (2014) and a guy next to me said collecting is "all about the love of the game". The doors open and I grab one of each and as I lift one up, the same guy tries to rip one out of my hands and I had to push him off me like he a zombie trying to take a bite of me. I shouted "WTH! Back off!" The guy was like "oh I didn't know you were grabbing it!"

TL;DR Scalpers are terrifying and being a FE fan can be dangerous.

Yup, I got that too.

https://imgur.com/a/pShNpql - That's my collection of loot.

Yeah, my beef was I'm obviously a big fan but my eyes are glued to work all morning so I just missed it. It is what it is. I have dozens of games I never touched upon due to adulting and devoting half my life to work, but the younger part of me still wants it so my collection remains complete.

A fun brief story was when I waited outside Best Buy to get my Lucina and Robin amiibos (2014) and a guy next to me said collecting is "all about the love of the game". The doors open and I grab one of each and as I lift one up, the same guy tries to rip one out of my hands and I had to push him off me like he a zombie trying to take a bite of me. I shouted "WTH! Back off!" The guy was like "oh I didn't know you were grabbing it!"

TL;DR Scalpers are terrifying and being a FE fan can be dangerous.
The Robin/Lucina Amiibo actually came out in May 2015, same day as Splatoon 1 (my first two Amiibo.) I was first in line at local Best Buy at 7:30 AM and we had a line by 10 and they just opened the doors and everyone ran to the game section where the worker does his Vanna White impression and goes "here's Splatoon!" and we're like no where are the new Amiibo? They hadn't even gotten them out yet and we had to wait for them to get them out of the back room.

Just called GS. They have it in store. Going that route.
Yeah since you can just put down $5 I would do that as I doubt these last in store past today. Can always cancel later if BB/AZ get them also.

Tell me GS isn’t the only retailer to get this.
Let's see. Limited release, GS has the pre-order page up, others have nothing up. Not looking good. However, this does not have a switch cartridge included - just a download code for the digital edition. Easy pass for me.

Can confirm they’re taking preorders in store @ GS. Hopefully it’ll qualify for using a $30 coin when picking up!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1319705874311467008

EDIT: Annnnd sold out after ten minutes it looks like? Wowzers. I Got one from BB, but now I'm almost tempted to keep the GameStop one as well.

EDIT: Annnnd sold out after ten minutes it looks like? Wowzers. I Got one from BB, but now I'm almost tempted to keep the GameStop one as well.
Damn. Showing coming soon for me. Usually means OOS. I cant stand scalpers ....

I had auto refresh on both all afternoon and I been stuck at checkout all day. Just remember... a brother needs help too if you want to sell that dupe copy, lmao.

I had auto refresh on both all afternoon and I been stuck at checkout all day. Just remember... a brother needs help too if you want to sell that dupe copy, lmao.
I'll let you know. It may become Christmas present fodder as well, but if no one wants it I'll send you a DM.

Let's see. Limited release, GS has the pre-order page up, others have nothing up. Not looking good. However, this does not have a switch cartridge included - just a download code for the digital edition. Easy pass for me.
Well, it's good to see I'm not the only one bothered by this. I'm anti-"download code in a box" in general, but in this case it's even worse because by not having a physical game cart it makes me too aware that I'd basically be paying $50 for a box full of Fire Emblem-themed knickknacks. Maybe eventually they won't even bother to include a game at all, they'll just start selling "lootboxes" of video-game-franchise-themed stuff.

After SM 3D All-Stars ended up being super common everywhere, Nintendo had to release something super limited to get their FOMO sales back to normal. 

What even is this? Is this a new Fire Emblem game or just a download of a retro Fire Emblem title? Most wouldn't spend $50 on a code and a replica NES cart, which is probably why they didn't make a ton. Although I  guess I could see if you were a huge FE fan annoyance at scalpers swooping in immediately.

What even is this? Is this a new Fire Emblem game or just a download of a retro Fire Emblem title? Most wouldn't spend $50 on a code and a replica NES cart, which is probably why they didn't make a ton. Although I guess I could see if you were a huge FE fan annoyance at scalpers swooping in immediately.
To me, the artbook is the draw. I'd pay $50 on a well done hardcover artbook, which this looks like it may be. The game code and the fake NES cart are just bonuses.

Would have been cool if they had included an actual NES cartridge with the new localization on it. I know Capcom has done this with various Mega Man and Street fighter NES/SNES "limited edition" re-releases.

So the "replica game pack art piece" is an actual physical cart that is reflective? Or is it just a bunch of stickers? 

I can't tell... I hope it's an actual cart that goes into that sleeve!  :bomb:

So the "replica game pack art piece" is an actual physical cart that is reflective? Or is it just a bunch of stickers?

I can't tell... I hope it's an actual cart that goes into that sleeve! :bomb:
It looks to me like a non-functioning clear plastic cart with the game label on it.

A local gamestop says they are not taking preorders until December.

Out of touch much.

What are the odds this comes to Wally World?

i really wanted this but i missed it online. im a huge fe fan. i need to see if i can preorder this at my local gametop

I wonder why GS always seems to have copies of limited run items in store? Maybe they set a large amount for in store only pre orders to people go to store, trade stuff in, etc?

Anyone else think we are nuts to pay 50$ for a game thats 6$ on the shop? Lol.. sigh. But that cartridge looks so cool.. just glad was able to preorder in the store lol.

I wonder why GS always seems to have copies of limited run items in store? Maybe they set a large amount for in store only pre orders to people go to store, trade stuff in, etc?
That's exactly why. They have to offer you everything in the store. Pro Membership? Pre-Orders? Did you know that we take trade ins including cell phones? Did you want to pre-order the protection plan on your game as well? We've got masks and hand sanitizer available as well. Any birthdays or Christmas gifts that you need while you are here? We've got gift cards!

That sums it up but I am sure that I am missing something.

Yeah, I wanted this as an FE collector but missed it. Been checking the usual non-auction places hoping to get lucky with a restock, but no luck.

Still live in-store at GS. I was able to secure a copy a few minutes ago.
I'm going to have to go back in store to gs and see what their malfunction is? I would love to look through the art book. I haven't held an nes cartridge (even a replica) in so long. I want to keep and display this collection.

Congrats to those that have their preorder.

bread's done
Back