* * * * * 8 votes

CAG Black Friday 2020 Spreadsheet

black friday bf spreadsheet spread sheet 2020

#571 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3882 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:21 AM

Just got 13 Sentinels from Gamestop. Glad I decided to check. 

#572 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:42 PM

The funny thing is about the Black friday sales is I  have to cross verify if I have the game on game pass ultimate LOL

#573 sidgallup  

sidgallup

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:42 PM

Resident Evil 2 & 3, Nier Automata GOTY are on sale now on BBuy.

#574 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:22 PM

Thrilled with how this morning played out.

From Best Buy:

The Last of Us II - $30

Doom Eternal - $20

Catherine: Full Body - $20

RE3 Remake - $15

Yakuza Remastered Collection - $25

Ys Memories of Celceta - $25

From Gamestop:

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - $30 (Bought 2... hope at least one is legitimately new)

Doom Eternal - $17 (If it's not legit new, I'll return it and keep the BB copy.)

From Target:

Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership - $20 (Bought 3 of them since they stack. Entered 2, but it won't let me enter the third until my current plan finished in December.)

#575 scraggly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

scraggly

Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:47 PM

16 games added to the backlog... damn you, Best Buy. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNN YOUUUUUUU!!!! :razz:

#576 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13258 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:57 PM

Regarding burnout paradise switch

Dang. It's no longer listed there on the page. I wonder why, did they change their mind

Burnout Paradise Switch is currently $19.99.....

#577 jrc84  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

My best buy price matched Squadrons to GamesStop $17 in store. No fuss, I just inquired at the register if they would and he looked it up on his pda thing.

#578 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:16 PM

Got my Switch this morning :)

OkR71BA.jpg

Got Yakuza Remaster and decided to buy Super Mario Maker 2 from Best Buy cause didnt want to deal with Walmart shipping/pick up

yBKx7UO.jpg

Got the two monitors I wanted to buy - $110 per monitor, one for myself and one for the misses.

vMycmL4.jpg

An Amazon echo dot for upstairs to go alongside our Echo Studio which we have in our living room/Island kitchen

sPOjM7m.jpg

#579 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14203 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:22 PM

Just to confirm: Fire Emblem for $26.99 is on 11/25? I see it’s $29.99 today at GS. I’m gonna wait, and if I miss it, eh. (Got 100+ other things to play otherwise.)

#580 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:38 PM

Just to confirm: Fire Emblem for $26.99 is on 11/25? I see it’s $29.99 today at GS. I’m gonna wait, and if I miss it, eh. (Got 100+ other things to play otherwise.)

yeah, weird that they haven't updated their ad with it yet though

#581 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:43 PM

Finally grabbed the Sony x900h. Can't wait to set it up!

#582 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:19 PM

Just curious, has anyone seen any 2020 deals/discounts for PSN cards/credit? I know for the past few years Dollar General had been my go-to this time of year, with either direct PSN card discounts (i.e. pay $20 for a $25 card) or GameStop gift card discounts, which could then be effectively spun into discounts on PSN cards. However, I’ve looked at their Black Friday ad this year, and it looks like the 25% off promotion is limited to Xbox only, with the other advertised gift cards being food related.

Really hoping those Sony (and Nintendo) cards get shuffled into the mix in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s been nice the past few years topping off the wallet, knowing that you’re getting roughly $25 worth of free credit, then spending that credit judiciously on sales through the course of the year. Love those discounts on top of discounts (insert Xzibit meme here).

#583 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4763 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:22 PM

Finally grabbed the Sony x900h. Can't wait to set it up!

Were you able to schedule it for delivery? Any time I clicked that button it brought me to an error page, but then it also said they'd email me to schedule, so I guess I should just wait.

#584 ritchardf  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:22 PM

Just curious, has anyone seen any 2020 deals/discounts for PSN cards/credit? I know for the past few years Dollar General had been my go-to this time of year, with either direct PSN card discounts (i.e. pay $20 for a $25 card) or GameStop gift card discounts, which could then be effectively spun into discounts on PSN cards. However, I’ve looked at their Black Friday ad this year, and it looks like the 25% off promotion is limited to Xbox only, with the other advertised gift cards being food related.

Really hoping those Sony (and Nintendo) cards get shuffled into the mix in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s been nice the past few years topping off the wallet, knowing that you’re getting roughly $25 worth of free credit, then spending that credit judiciously on sales through the course of the year. Love those discounts on top of discounts (insert Xzibit meme here).

i saw 15% off at Family Dollar, though I cant confirm as I dont have one near me.

#585 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:25 PM

i saw 15% off at Family Dollar, though I cant confirm as I dont have one near me.

Definitely will take a look—thanks for the heads up!

#586 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:28 PM

is Amazon not PM Gamestop anymore? Still waiting for 13 Sentinels to be PM'd.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#587 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2835 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:31 PM

BB cancelled my Ori and the Will of Wisps Collector's Edition and Resident Evil 2 order. The rest is ready for p/u.

#588 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:36 PM

Posted in Xbox deals as well- seems bestbuy has madden fifa and nhl 21 for $28 for digital copy as well. I can’t pass that up.

#589 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2505 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:44 PM

With live cards drying up, is the best and safest option to just load up on these gpu cards now?

#590 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:45 PM

Were you able to schedule it for delivery? Any time I clicked that button it brought me to an error page, but then it also said they'd email me to schedule, so I guess I should just wait.

Yeah supposed to be delivered Tuesday. I ordered it off Amazon though. Would have loved to grab it on Best Buy but it's sold out in my area and for delivery. Grabbed the 55 inch. Definitely tried to convince my wife to let me get the 65 inch, but that one would literally take up the whole wall it's going on at the new house we're moving to next month, so had to do the 55 inch. Anyone recommend a TV mount that can swivel left/right?

#591 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4618 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:51 PM

Amazon matched GS's :ps4: Doom Eternal for $16.99: https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B07HDJLSF2/

#592 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9369 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:56 PM

The Shout Factory Friday the 13th complete blu-ray collection just went on a lightning deal for $109.99, down from the usual $129.99

#593 neoshi   Loves quickies CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:12 PM

Heads up Target PMed GS' prices via online chat. Save yourself some hassle and the stress of having your new products opened without you!

#594 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:16 PM

BB cancelled my Ori and the Will of Wisps Collector's Edition and Resident Evil 2 order. The rest is ready for p/u.

Out of curiosity, when did you place the order for the Ori and the Will of the Wisps Collector’s Edition? I placed an order for one as well in the wee hours this morning, but haven’t checked to see if it was canceled. Guess I need to check on that now. My local store had a single copy yesterday (but it wasn’t on sale then), so now you have me wondering if I need to cover my bases there, just to be safe.

#595 rp71284   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:18 PM

With live cards drying up, is the best and safest option to just load up on these gpu cards now?

Best Buy still has a bunch of them around me. Granted, there's like 3-4 different versions now too, but they don't seem to ever be discounted anymore.

#596 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:23 PM

Assuming everything ships, it will be kind of nice to check off everything on my list well before Black Friday/Cyber Monday, save some digital deals.  I kind of like this spaced out sales.

#597 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

For those interested (and also for those who have write access to the spreadsheet), ritchardf is correct about the PSN card/credit deal at Family Dollar. Attaching the ad scan for reference—sale started today and runs through Saturday, 11/28. Buy a $25 PSN card for $21.25. Not quite as good as the 20% off deal the past few years at Dollar General, but better than paying face value.

B20213F9-E52F-4903-A95F-C6348DDC9BF2.jpeg

#598 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2835 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:37 PM

Out of curiosity, when did you place the order for the Ori and the Will of the Wisps Collector’s Edition? I placed an order for one as well in the wee hours this morning, but haven’t checked to see if it was canceled. Guess I need to check on that now. My local store had a single copy yesterday (but it wasn’t on sale then), so now you have me wondering if I need to cover my bases there, just to be safe.

As soon as it went live last night. The website stated my store had 3 in stock even though I didn't actually see them in-store during the day. I figured they pulled them off the shelves. I got the email this morning stating it was cancelled. Looked on-line before the cancellation and the store was down to 2 so I thought I was ok. I got the cancellation and the store count went back to 3. I'm thinking they couldn't find it even though it's there.

It gets tricky when there's only one in stock. Good luck.

#599 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:49 PM

As soon as it went live last night. The website stated my store had 3 in stock even though I didn't actually see them in-store during the day. I figured they pulled them off the shelves. I got the email this morning stating it was cancelled. Looked on-line before the cancellation and the store was down to 2 so I thought I was ok. I got the cancellation and the store count went back to 3. I'm thinking they couldn't find it even though it's there.

It gets tricky when there's only one in stock. Good luck.

I think with Best Buy, if you can be patient, or its a game that you know they have a bajillion copies (ex. Last of Us Part II), then getting it shipped is probably wiser.  I have had store pickups fail more often than I would like, but they do try to make it right.  I have to pick up Rare Replay, as the warehouse wouldn't ship a copy (likely clearance sale, hah!), but I'd roll the dice for a $10 game.

#600 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:01 PM

Heads up Target PMed GS' prices via online chat. Save yourself some hassle and the stress of having your new products opened without you!

Good to hear they're doing it. Their PM policy was pretty vague but -sounded- like they would do it.