* * * * * 8 votes

CAG Black Friday 2020 Spreadsheet

black friday bf spreadsheet spread sheet 2020

#601 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:33 PM

As soon as it went live last night. The website stated my store had 3 in stock even though I didn't actually see them in-store during the day. I figured they pulled them off the shelves. I got the email this morning stating it was cancelled. Looked on-line before the cancellation and the store was down to 2 so I thought I was ok. I got the cancellation and the store count went back to 3. I'm thinking they couldn't find it even though it's there.

It gets tricky when there's only one in stock. Good luck.

That sucks. Were you able to place a regular order for shipping? 

I had thoughts about placing the order for local pickup, but I knew there was only the one copy at my local store (have been keeping tabs on it for a few months). Figured it was probably safer within the first hour of the sale to just bite the bullet and have it shipped versus chancing the store pickup with that lone copy, especially since I couldn’t be sure someone else wouldn’t order it as well, and then it would come down to who got their order picked first. Plus there were a few games I ordered that weren’t normally carried at my location, so it just made sense to have everything shipped. However, when I saw your message about your copy being canceled, I got a little worried thinking that perhaps it was a rarer commodity in general. Hoping it isn’t, as I’ve been patiently waiting for the price drop, and if the availability fell through, I don’t know what recourse I would have to pick up a copy outside of eBay. Fingers crossed.

#602 OmniscientlyMe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

OmniscientlyMe

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:58 PM

Best Buy has Trials of Mana for PS4 at $19.99 as well, which makes that the current best price.

#603 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:08 PM

Yes! Amazon price matched GS's 13 Sentinels price. Now I don't have to deal with GS gutted copy

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#604 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:15 PM

Watch Dogs Legion PS5 at BB can be preordered for 29.99 and get a $10 reward certificate for preordering. 

Returning my PS4 copy and picked this up for 23.99 with GCU and $10 reward cert. Essentially 13.99. 

As bad as some reviews have been this seems like a no brainer. 

#605 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9369 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:22 PM

13 Sentinels finally price matched to $29.99 at Amazon.  Be quick if you want one. 

#606 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13258 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:42 PM

Looks like Amazon finally matched the Gamestop $16.99 price for Doom Eternal, so got an order in for the PS4 version.

Still waiting on them to match the $16.99 price for the PS4 version of Star Wars Squadrons (XB1 version is $16.99 though).

#607 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:42 PM

Figures, lol.  And cannot cancel my GameStop order.  Oh, well. 

#608 neoshi   Loves quickies CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:43 PM

Looks like Amazon finally matched the Gamestop $16.99 price for Doom Eternal, so got an order in for the PS4 version.

Still waiting on them to match the $16.99 price for the PS4 version of Star Wars Squadrons (XB1 version is $16.99 though).

If you don't mind going to other retailers, bby and target are both price matching gs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#609 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:00 PM

Has anyone seen a sale on google play cards?

Also for people who get motion sickness for first person games, is it worse in handheld mode? I’m thinking of getting bioshock on the switch instead of playing it on my x1.

#610 cdeener   Love Those Price Drops!!! CAGiversary!   5040 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:34 PM

Well I’m happy for myself only game I wanted was Squadrons on XB1 got it at Bestbuy and used a 5 buck cert to drop it to $15. Also grabbed a couple more Blus so great day. Fun part now is catching a couple of those $27 Switch deals for the son at GameStop.

#611 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:43 PM

13 Sentinels finally price matched to $29.99 at Amazon. Be quick if you want one.

Do I want this game? Never heard of it. Looks interesting

#612 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2835 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:00 PM

I think with Best Buy, if you can be patient, or its a game that you know they have a bajillion copies (ex. Last of Us Part II), then getting it shipped is probably wiser.  I have had store pickups fail more often than I would like, but they do try to make it right.  I have to pick up Rare Replay, as the warehouse wouldn't ship a copy (likely clearance sale, hah!), but I'd roll the dice for a $10 game.

That sucks. Were you able to place a regular order for shipping? 

I had thoughts about placing the order for local pickup, but I knew there was only the one copy at my local store (have been keeping tabs on it for a few months). Figured it was probably safer within the first hour of the sale to just bite the bullet and have it shipped versus chancing the store pickup with that lone copy, especially since I couldn’t be sure someone else wouldn’t order it as well, and then it would come down to who got their order picked first. Plus there were a few games I ordered that weren’t normally carried at my location, so it just made sense to have everything shipped. However, when I saw your message about your copy being canceled, I got a little worried thinking that perhaps it was a rarer commodity in general. Hoping it isn’t, as I’ve been patiently waiting for the price drop, and if the availability fell through, I don’t know what recourse I would have to pick up a copy outside of eBay. Fingers crossed.

If my store had only 1 I would have had it shipped but with it saying 3 I figured I was ok. I ordered one for shipping after I got the cancellation this morning. I hope it isn't cancelled. I asked them about it in-store when I went for my p/u and they said they haven't seen it and would have to update their inventory. 

#613 DtroitPunk  

DtroitPunk

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM

The link works, but the spreadsheet is not populated with the game list anymore...

NM, I got it.  Doy.

#614 Rowdyreptile  

Rowdyreptile

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:08 PM

Hot pursuit remaster is $29.99 at GameStop - I thought the spreadsheet said $26.99 :(

#615 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2835 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:12 PM

Hot pursuit remaster is $29.99 at GameStop - I thought the spreadsheet said $26.99 :(

All 3 versions are $24.99 at Target.

Hot Pursuit Remaster : Target

#616 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:16 PM

It’s a visual novel with RTS elements I think? It has great reviews and is up for best narrative game for the game awards

#617 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:22 PM

Has anyone seen a sale on google play cards?

Also for people who get motion sickness for first person games, is it worse in handheld mode? I’m thinking of getting bioshock on the switch instead of playing it on my x1.

Fyi you are going to want to get a memory card as you have to download like 40+ gigs for bioshock as the entire game isn't on the card

#618 BeavisDaddy  

BeavisDaddy

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:22 PM

Hi, the spread sheet says Nintendo eShop cards are %10 off at BestBuy, But ive searched the site and I dont see it anywhere.

does it require a promo code?

#619 Pravado  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:29 PM

Outside of Nioh 2 and Borderlands 3 for $10, are there any real massive deals this year?

#620 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4618 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:32 PM

I never heard of it before either so looked into it. Story is supposed to be very good and the art is beautiful (Vanillaware).

As RPGamer246 said, it is predominantly a visual novel, so it depends if you like those or not. Personally, since I watch a lot of anime and Netflix, I like my game time to be spent more on interactive experiences than stories.

#621 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:45 PM

Got my Switch this morning :)

OkR71BA.jpg

Got Yakuza Remaster and decided to buy Super Mario Maker 2 from Best Buy cause didnt want to deal with Walmart shipping/pick up

yBKx7UO.jpg

Got the two monitors I wanted to buy - $110 per monitor, one for myself and one for the misses.

vMycmL4.jpg

An Amazon echo dot for upstairs to go alongside our Echo Studio which we have in our living room/Island kitchen

sPOjM7m.jpg

Where did you buy two monitors?

#622 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:47 PM

Hi, the spread sheet says Nintendo eShop cards are %10 off at BestBuy, But ive searched the site and I dont see it anywhere.

does it require a promo code?

The 10% off on eShop and XB gift cards doesn't start until this coming Saturday. I checked the Sunday newspaper ad after thinking I might have misremembered.

#623 nricexbox   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

nricexbox

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:58 PM

So it looks like Target is live, but it also looks like Gamestop is as well?  Saves me having to wait until Friday morning or even 8 on Wednesday.  I can do it all after work on Wednesday.

....just have to hope supplies last at all locations in the area.

#624 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:38 PM

Hey guys is bestbuy allowing returns right now?

#625 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3807 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

Changed my BB orders to delivery. My local store is chaos. Parking lot is packed. Lines out the door. Definitely covid spreading all up in there

#626 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:48 PM

Changed my BB orders to delivery. My local store is chaos. Parking lot is packed. Lines out the door. Definitely covid spreading all up in there

Looks like I’m not going to bestbuy to tonight

#627 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:50 PM

Where did you buy two monitors?

Best Buy - its for $109.99 - bought two of them.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6219205

#628 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:58 PM

Apparently my local target is like this too.

This is why being Elite member at BB is worth it. I better go spend some more.

#629 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:59 PM

Best Buy - its for $109.99 - bought two of them.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6219205

I have that monitor, it's been pretty great. My only gripe is it doesn't have an aux port of you want to hook up anything other than a PC to it, it makes audio a pain.

#630 BeavisDaddy  

BeavisDaddy

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:21 AM

The 10% off on eShop and XB gift cards doesn't start until this coming Saturday. I checked the Sunday newspaper ad after thinking I might have misremembered.

Oh I see, I didn't even know they had another ad for the weekend. Do you have a link to a place to read the weekend ad.?