* * * * * 8 votes

CAG Black Friday 2020 Spreadsheet

black friday bf spreadsheet spread sheet 2020

#931 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2174 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 10:41 AM

LOL. That is not even close to what CAG folks would call a "backlog," my friend.

How many will be defined as backlog?

Lol....

#932 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3813 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:01 PM

Lol....

oh dear lord.. I've got mountains of sealed games going back to the GBA era. I don't think my backlog is at 500 but.. it's damn near close.

#933 jrc84  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:36 PM

Lol....

It cannot be defined as a number. Think of it more as a problem to accept reality. Ever seen the show hoarders...

#934 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4150 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:02 PM

damn target backordered the one game i ordered sunday morning when the sale went live lol

i should have done store pickup!

#935 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:05 PM

Target has 3 months of game pass ultimate for $19.99. 

#936 jwunorton09   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jwunorton09

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:58 PM

I’m very tempted to bite on Control but don’t like how the company screwed the ones who bought the game on launch. Is this overreacting and/ or is the game worth it?

Yeah, it’s a fun game.

#937 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, it’s a fun game.

Yeah I played through it. It’s a good game but not as good as Alan Wake was. One thing I hated was how difficult some of the bosses were. I had to watch YouTube videos on how to beat them.

#938 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4844 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:30 PM

Yeah I played through it. It’s a good game but not as good as Alan Wake was.

Agreed. I'm not too far into Control, but its world doesn't have as cool a feel as Alan Wake's. Still a good game so far and worth a buy, especially at current sale prices.

#939 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:42 PM

oh dear lord.. I've got mountains of sealed games going back to the GBA era. I don't think my backlog is at 500 but.. it's damn near close.

Last count I was a little over 2400 games from intellivision to ps4/xone. Reminds me I need to update my spreadsheet.

#940 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:48 PM

It cannot be defined as a number. Think of it more as a problem to accept reality. Ever seen the show hoarders...

Fine line between hoarding and collecting. I clean and alphabetize everything in my game library and keep a spreadsheet (help to prevent rebuys). I hope that qualifies as the latter.

#941 Accidie  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:00 PM

Waiting for 10% off Nintendo eShop cards at Best Buy to go live

#942 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:31 PM

Saturday right?

#943 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:31 PM

Same here, I thought it was today so I woke up disappointed. I'm waiting to get a couple of the games on sale on the eShop until tomorrow.

#944 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:41 PM

LOL. That is not even close to what CAG folks would call a "backlog," my friend.

Is a game considered to be in the backlog if you bought it knowing full well you will never play or open it?

#945 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

Was able to grab Persona 5 royal steel book from gamestop. And FF7 remake from bestbuy

Also found a ps4 pro on OfferUp I was able to haggle to $200. Came with controller but unfortunately it came with Kingdom Hearts 3 🤢

Overall good run. No crowds, in and out.

#946 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:30 PM

Is a game considered to be in the backlog if you bought it knowing full well you will never play or open it?

Eh, kinda. I guess what I tell myself is “I’ll get around to them all eventually”

Ever since I joined CAG in 2008, I have amassed a backlog in everything from 3DS, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Switch, etc...

I still have Fallout : New Vegas PS3 sealed. On the top of the case, there is a sticker that reads “Do Not Sell Until 10/19/2010”.

#947 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9687 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:42 PM

Backlog is what I do.  I had a nice little Asian girl over week before last who perused my 3DS library and she picked out three Kirby and Zelda games to borrow and play.  It made us both happy.   She'll be coming over at some point again to return them. 

#948 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:49 PM

Backlog is what I do. I had a nice little Asian girl over week before last who perused my 3DS library and she picked out three Kirby and Zelda games to borrow and play. It made us both happy. She'll be coming over at some point again to return them.

What if you never see her again and she just took your games?

I’m a bad sharer. I had bad childhood experiences where things were returned to me in poor condition (or not at all), so I don’t share anything with anyone.

#949 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1991 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:55 PM

Fine line between hoarding and collecting. I clean and alphabetize everything in my game library and keep a spreadsheet (help to prevent rebuys). I hope that qualifies as the latter.

Oh, I'm nowhere near that line. I'm on the line between Hoarder and whatever's worse than hoarding.

#950 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:05 PM

Lol you can't even remember what you bought already, well that tells you you have problem.

#951 Pravado  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:11 PM

What if you never see her again and she just took your games?

I’m a bad sharer. I had bad childhood experiences where things were returned to me in poor condition (or not at all), so I don’t share anything with anyone.

Based on the way he is trying to flaunt with the way he worded that, she most definitely is not coming back lol.

#952 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:18 PM

Lol you can't even remember what you bought already, well that tells you you have problem.

My backlog may be pretty bad, but I at least remember if I have a game or not. If I get to the point where I click on a game on a website and ask myself, "Do I have that already?" then I need to stop buying games.

I put all my unplayed games in a list on my phone so I can scroll through and see if one catches my eye, like if I'm in the mood to play a JRPG or an action game. Then, I look up reviews to see if it'll match the kind of experience I'm craving (I may remember what games I already have, but I sometimes forget why I bought them lol). Of course, that list is...quite long.

#953 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:40 PM

Remember... I used to be able to do that. Now I have kids, never get enough sleep and cannot remember where I put my car keys. I only have two of those to keep track of...
I blame the gamestop 4 for 10 deals and the slew of 99 cent games at the end of console cycles for losing track. I am a sucker for complete games for a buck even if I am only mildly interested.

#954 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:10 PM

Are we talking physical backlogs or digital ones.

Physical, I can still find a place for everything.  I curate as much as possible for only things I find novel.

Digital, well, I'm just happy for Steams "smart sorting" algorithms.  Some of the CAGs have several thousand...

#955 waffletower  

waffletower

Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:24 PM

Okay, someone help me out here.  WHERE are people seeing $19.99 Game Pass at GameStop? I've been checking for days and the price has absolutely not gone that low. Today is Black Friday. If not now, then when?

Or is it in-store only? -_-

#956 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4150 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:40 PM

Okay, someone help me out here.  WHERE are people seeing $19.99 Game Pass at GameStop? I've been checking for days and the price has absolutely not gone that low. Today is Black Friday. If not now, then when?

it's in store only

#957 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:46 PM

Okay, someone help me out here. WHERE are people seeing $19.99 Game Pass at GameStop? I've been checking for days and the price has absolutely not gone that low. Today is Black Friday. If not now, then when?

It's also that price at Target and Costco (both online).

#958 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:49 PM

Anyone know if B2G1 at Target are scheduled for December? I know they just had it..but hoping another round happens before Xmas.

#959 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9687 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:18 PM

Anyone know if B2G1 at Target are scheduled for December? I know they just had it..but hoping another round happens before Xmas.

No one would know that.  But chances are very, very high that they'll have another one right before or on Christmas week in four weeks.  They've had around 8 of them this year. 

#960 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:58 PM

Target has the family plan for the Switch discounted from $34.99 to $19.99 for a year but I have not been able to add this for days to my cart.

https://www.target.c...gt_adv_xasd0002

Oh well, better luck next time.