* * * * * 8 votes

CAG Black Friday 2020 Spreadsheet

black friday bf spreadsheet spread sheet 2020

#1051 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 03:53 PM

Man shipping is such a shit show this year because of the volume. USPS, ups, FedEx are just not even scanning stuff except for upon delivery.

#1052 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:03 PM

Yeah it hurts those who pre-order Yakuza games like me for sure. I wont play it very likely until the PS5 upgrade is out.

That's why I'm waiting right now... I know I won't play it until the PS5 upgrade, since there is no save transfer between the two systems.  So, paying $28 (I still have GCU) doesn't make a ton of sense right now.  Of course, I've done that before countless games that sit in my backlog.... so there is that. 

#1053 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:39 PM

Man shipping is such a shit show this year because of the volume. USPS, ups, FedEx are just not even scanning stuff except for upon delivery.

On the flip side, I've chosen delayed delivery from Amazon on several purchases (including one on BF) and still received my items in 2 days (despite saying it would take 5-8 days).

"Made" $5 in digital credit.

#1054 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2727 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:33 PM

Can't you return or price adjust? 

Can if the retailer is Target, WM, BB, or Amazon (return shipping tho?).

#1055 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:43 PM

On the flip side, I've chosen delayed delivery from Amazon on several purchases (including one on BF) and still received my items in 2 days (despite saying it would take 5-8 days).

"Made" $5 in digital credit.

I think every year I average about $30 in digital credits this time of year. Get most of my stuff in a couple of days anyway. The trick is to order an item for 2 day shipping in the middle of a bunch of no rush shipping orders, and I’ve found they usually all get out in with that 2 day order.

#1056 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:40 PM

What do you guys use the Amazon digital credit on? I used to always do delayed shipping to get Xbox Credit but they stopped that awhile back.

#1057 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:51 PM

What do you guys use the Amazon digital credit on? I used to always do delayed shipping to get Xbox Credit but they stopped that awhile back.

Ebooks and MP3s for me.

#1058 jrc84  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:36 PM

Can if the retailer is Target, WM, BB, or Amazon (return shipping tho?).

Watch out on Amazon, I got burned on a few bucks recently when they told me they don't price adjust. Good to know, they were always my go to on most purchases, now I will avoid big ticket and tech stuff.

#1059 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:39 PM

Usually wait for a sale on Digital movies.

#1060 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:03 PM

Well instead of shipping my items ordered from walmart.com they decided to use some sort of local delivery from store method (which is not an option I selected while ordering). They delivered it to the wrong house, snapped a photo of it at a front door which is not mine. Not sure which house it was or if it is even my neighborhood... It said it would be delivered in a Walmart shopping bag so not sure if there is a way to even tell the person it was delivered to where it should actually go. What a mess. Never ordering from Walmart again.

#1061 MrSloth56   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

MrSloth56

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:26 PM

mainly movies for me, sometimes mp3s. 

A lot of the time I will get movies that I already have on Blu-ray / DVD but are older so they were released before digital codes started being included with them.  That way I have a digital and physical version.  Usually they are cheaper or on sale also so the credit goes further.  

#1062 kell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:53 PM

Well instead of shipping my items ordered from walmart.com they decided to use some sort of local delivery from store method (which is not an option I selected while ordering). They delivered it to the wrong house, snapped a photo of it at a front door which is not mine. Not sure which house it was or if it is even my neighborhood... It said it would be delivered in a Walmart shopping bag so not sure if there is a way to even tell the person it was delivered to where it should actually go. What a mess. Never ordering from Walmart again.

Not sure what they are doing this year.

Had two deliveries from WM today. First was Link's awakening dropped off at the door... with no packaging at all, not even a WM bag, was just sitting on the mat. Second delivery was a fair amount of games in a WM bag, again with no other packaging. Games have a bunch of stickers on them. 

Other games I got from Target had the wraps so badly torn they were basically open.

Feel like I'm ordering from Gamestop.

#1063 mylifeisgarbage  

mylifeisgarbage

Posted Yesterday, 01:33 AM

Please don't mistake your personal experience or problems with your local area as being representative of shipping for everyone being "shitshow this year". I've bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Black Friday delivered through various methods and everything had normal tracking was delivered quickly. I also sent out packages and everything got there in time and had normal tracking. "My personal experience" is not everyone's experience, remember that.

#1064 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:47 AM

Please don't mistake your personal experience or problems with your local area as being representative of shipping for everyone being "shitshow this year". I've bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Black Friday delivered through various methods and everything had normal tracking was delivered quickly. I also sent out packages and everything got there in time and had normal tracking. "My personal experience" is not everyone's experience, remember that.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

No shit? It’s YMMV? Really I never thought of that.

There are so many reports of jam ups in the delivery process that Costco sent out mass emails about it.

Thank you for your recent order with costco.com.

Please Note: Tracking on your order may not show any movement or initial scan for several days. There’s no need to worry! Your order is secure and will move through the carrier’s network soon. You can continue to track your order in My Orders or via the following link - xxxxxx

This holiday season, online shopping and shipping volumes are expected to be at an all-time high. As a result, small parcel delivery delays are expected. We’re working closely with our small parcel shipping providers daily. Our goal, and theirs, is to deliver your items as quickly and efficiently as possible.

We suggest you consider enrolling in UPS My Choice, a service that provides you text and/or email updates on delivery status, and provides you with options to reroute packages. We apologize for the inconvenience this short term shipping capacity may cause you.

We sincerely appreciate your business.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Costco Member Service

There’s a goddamn message from the CEO on the Costco website but I guess that’s just a personal message for me.

GTFO.

#1065 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted Yesterday, 03:39 AM

Take your own advice there buddy

#1066 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 AM

Lol I just hate FedEx for not wanting to go up to my apartment. The lobby main entrance is locked but people do open it eventually like just go up to my floor for christ sake

#1067 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:58 AM

https://www.walmart....ampaign_id=9383

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with Super Mario Odyssey Full Game Download Code $69 FS

#1068 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1099 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:29 PM

https://www.walmart....ampaign_id=9383
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with Super Mario Odyssey Full Game Download Code $69 FS

That’s a great deal, but I’m probably years away from having a Switch at this point...

#1069 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted Yesterday, 04:02 PM

You're gonna need a pro controller and eventually Mario anyway, just do it!!!!

#1070 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2727 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:37 PM

Watch out on Amazon, I got burned on a few bucks recently when they told me they don't price adjust. Good to know, they were always my go to on most purchases, now I will avoid big ticket and tech stuff.

They do returns, which is what the guy needs to be able to order for cheaper from someplace else. Return shipping is the Amazon catch.

#1071 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:27 PM

They do returns, which is what the guy needs to be able to order for cheaper from someplace else. Return shipping is the Amazon catch.

most of the stuff i've been ordering recently has had free returns

#1072 snatcher33   Marry me Jenny!!! CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

snatcher33

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 PM

Lol I just hate FedEx for not wanting to go up to my apartment. The lobby main entrance is locked but people do open it eventually like just go up to my floor for christ sake

And as a delivery driver myself, I hate going to apartments. Why don't you just live in a house for Christs sake?

#1073 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 PM

And as a delivery driver myself, I hate going to apartments. Why don't you just live in a house for Christs sake?

Esp if they order treadmills

#1074 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted Today, 12:10 AM

Same I used to do delivery and would rather not go up in apartments cuz of annoying lobby entrance. Problem is they have told me it’s been attempted to be delivered 3 times already. No issues with usps, amazon or ups at all. Sometimes FedEx even delivers it to my door except this one damn item still not delivered to this day

#1075 Contra4Life  

Contra4Life

Posted Today, 12:36 AM

I have had around 16 packages delivered over the last week and a half.  Most of them arrived on time, a few were several days early, and one came two days late over the weekend (Best Buy w/ USPS).  Orders were from Best Buy, Target, eBay, and Amazon. The delivery trucks are making numerous loops through our neighborhood.

Guess we have been lucky with shipping!!