* * * * * 8 votes

CAG Black Friday 2020 Spreadsheet

black friday bf spreadsheet spread sheet 2020

#1081 MrSloth56   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

MrSloth56

Posted 04 December 2020 - 01:46 AM

You don’t use the coupon towards gift cards obviously. You buy the discounted gift cards, then use the coupon on stuff and pay using those discounted Target gift cards. That way you stack the discounts.

See that's why I suck at 4D chess. Never contemplated that angle.

#1082 ritchardf  

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:01 AM

Gift cards and tax not included in determining purchase total

exclusion from the 10% circle offer

#1083 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 04 December 2020 - 04:32 AM

Target is a few steps ahead of the folks here.

#1084 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2424 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:24 AM

You don’t use the coupon towards gift cards obviously. You buy the discounted gift cards, then use the coupon on stuff and pay using those discounted Target gift cards. That way you stack the discounts.

Ahhh...thanks for clearing that up.  I don't shop at Target often so wasn't aware of gift cards themselves being discounted. Now I've seen the light, thanks!

#1085 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15754 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:19 AM

Oh, so they're pulling the Kohl's move of horsefuckery eh? That's quite unexpected of them.

Too bad.

#1086 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:17 AM

Oh, so they're pulling the Kohl's move of horsefuckery eh? That's quite unexpected of them.

Too bad.

I dunno. I sort of expected it not to count.

#1087 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:05 PM

Yeah. So? That has nothing to do with the 10% off Target gift cards offer this weekend.

This weekend buy target gift cards at 10% off. These gift cards won’t activate until Monday.

Monday, go and buy whatever you want that you can apply the 10% off coupon towards. The fine print just says that won’t apply to buying additional gift cards in that purchase.

Pay for your stuff using the discounted gift cards you bought on the weekend.

Being doing it for years and usually there was a 20% off coupon to use from buying stuff Black Friday, not the crappy 10% off this year.

#1088 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 04 December 2020 - 05:21 PM

Man shipping is such a shit show this year because of the volume. USPS, ups, FedEx are just not even scanning stuff except for upon delivery.

If whoever you ordered from uses UPS Mail Innovations, god help you. I have two packages that have just been rotting at the post office now for days. I guess when the PO gets those parcels from UPS, they're put in the lowest priority and sit and sit and sit. Usually, I don't have an issue with UPS/FedEx sending stuff to the PO, but I guess because of the season things are real backed up.

#1089 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4235 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:22 PM

well my target BF order is now delayed until the 18th. Wonder what the odds are that it ships this year. Sounds like I need to buy it from best buy lol

#1090 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2020 - 10:12 PM

I'm so happy Amazon has their own delivery fleet now. My special, limited and collector's edition orders are never crushed or dented anymore.

No, just the regular cardboard boxed collectibles shipped in bubble wrap bags.

#1091 mylifeisgarbage   Banned Banned   86 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

mylifeisgarbage

Posted 05 December 2020 - 02:34 AM

Speaking of delays, what are the chances that packages that are stuck without updates for almost a month are lost at this point? I called up the PO several times and no one could really help me and just claimed it would still get to me eventually. Seems like a stretch.

#1092 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 05 December 2020 - 05:50 AM

Don't forget the lord asshole that is still in charge of the USPS fucking things up. 

#1093 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 06:03 AM

Speaking of delays, what are the chances that packages that are stuck without updates for almost a month are lost at this point? I called up the PO several times and no one could really help me and just claimed it would still get to me eventually. Seems like a stretch.

All my stuff shipped USPS is weeks late. Today I got a package that was exactly 38 days late. It was ripped open and beat to crap. And no one at USPS cares if you complain. The company mailed me out a new item thats arriving via UPS now.

#1094 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   909 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 07:12 AM

Don't forget the lord asshole that is still in charge of the USPS fucking things up. 

Yep. That’s why USPS is so slow right now. Because of Chief Cheeto. 

Jesus Christ. Congrats on posting the dumbest thing on CAG this week. Really shooting for the stars there my man. 

#1095 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 05 December 2020 - 07:19 AM

Jesus Christ. Congrats on posting the dumbest thing on CAG this week. Really shooting for the stars there my man.

I can't tell if you're joking, but he literally backed a guy that said he was going to slow the mail down on purpose.

https://fortune.com/...postal-service/

I know you guys have trouble researching anything that isn't on Fox News, but come on.

#1096 Sharingan Tony   Ninja CAGer CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Sharingan Tony

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:45 PM

I added Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity to my Best Buy cart it shows $10 off. Not the best deal, but considering that this game just came out, it's nice to find it less than full retail price.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6414111

#1097 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16840 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:32 PM

For anyone who did the target price match last week: how long did it take to get your refund?

#1098 mylifeisgarbage   Banned Banned   86 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

mylifeisgarbage

Posted 05 December 2020 - 05:30 PM

All my stuff shipped USPS is weeks late. Today I got a package that was exactly 38 days late. It was ripped open and beat to crap. And no one at USPS cares if you complain. The company mailed me out a new item thats arriving via UPS now.

That's the problem, all of their services are running late right and in some cases there's packages that are stuck and not moving at all. They won't help you at all with it if you call or complain. Another problem is what you mentioned, the packages for some reason are all arriving looking like complete shit. They're opened, ripped, dirty, etc. and the items are smashed and damaged.

#1099 MrSloth56   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

MrSloth56

Posted 05 December 2020 - 05:35 PM

Unless you were in a coma since early June I'm not sure how you missed the fact that him and his cronies were deliberately trying to sabotage the postal service before the election to the point that the courts got involved and told them to knock it off.

#1100 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1410 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:09 PM

I added Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity to my Best Buy cart it shows $10 off. Not the best deal, but considering that this game just came out, it's nice to find it less than full retail price.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6414111

AKA, the Walmart standard price.  It is a good price, but not a deal per se, but it is a better price for a good game.  Amazon has been fluctuating around the same price all week.

#1101 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14236 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:29 PM

Silly question, most likely.
If I buy Target gift cards today, could I buy other store cards (later) and pay for them with the Target gift cards?

I assume that’s fine? I don’t go to Target a whole lot; 35 miles away from where I live.

#1102 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9713 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:31 PM

Silly question, most likely.
If I buy Target gift cards today, could I buy other store cards (later) and pay for them with the Target gift cards?

I assume that’s fine? I don’t go to Target a whole lot; 35 miles away from where I live.

You can't pay for gift cards with other gift cards.

#1103 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6240 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:56 PM

Really hoping we see one last Target B2G1 video game sale before the end of the year ... would be great to get Fenyx Rising and a few other titles at $35ish instead of $49 or more.

#1104 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:58 PM

I can't tell if you're joking, but he literally backed a guy that said he was going to slow the mail down on purpose.

https://fortune.com/...postal-service/

I know you guys have trouble researching anything that isn't on Fox News, but come on.

Unless you were in a coma since early June I'm not sure how you missed the fact that him and his cronies were deliberately trying to sabotage the postal service before the election to the point that the courts got involved and told them to knock it off.

And I get attacked for conveying reality.  :shame:  The USPS has less workers, lack of sorting, no overtime in many cases, and that isn't even the dismantling of sorting machines that cost millions per machine. The damage doesn't undo itself especially when you go into holiday season with a massive increase of shipped items. 

#1105 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15754 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:44 PM

Really hoping we see one last Target B2G1 video game sale before the end of the year ... would be great to get Fenyx Rising and a few other titles at $35ish instead of $49 or more.

Well, can do you one better since Target has a $50 GC when you buy two Ubisoft games starting tomorrow. I fully plan to see if I can't get a PM at the self-checkout register on two games, then claim my $50 GC hassle free since they typically do whenever there's a deal like this.

It will be the 3rd time buying Just Dance 2021 for the wife now. IDK why I buy gaming gifts on BF because this always happens lol.

#1106 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:02 AM

Well, can do you one better since Target has a $50 GC when you buy two Ubisoft games starting tomorrow. I fully plan to see if I can't get a PM at the self-checkout register on two games, then claim my $50 GC hassle free since they typically do whenever there's a deal like this.

It will be the 3rd time buying Just Dance 2021 for the wife now. IDK why I buy gaming gifts on BF because this always happens lol.

Umm..why do you have to go through that. Just Dance 2021 is 24.99 today. Just PM today. I did that with Best Buy. Tomorrow it goes back to 49.99 for that buy 2, get a $50 gift card to end up in the same spot...

#1107 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15754 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:17 AM

Umm..why do you have to go through that. Just Dance 2021 is 24.99 today. Just PM today. I did that with Best Buy. Tomorrow it goes back to 49.99 for that buy 2, get a $50 gift card to end up in the same spot...

Because it's buy two Ubisoft games for the deal, and Valhalla was the other at $50. Instead of paying $25 for Just Dance, it will be FREE this way. Could argue to use it on a game that hasn't gone on sale to maximize the return, but at the end of the day if you don't need something; that's a bigger loss.

#1108 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14236 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:40 AM

You can't pay for gift cards with other gift cards.

Was afraid of that. Thank you!

#1109 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6240 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2020 - 02:45 AM

How do you PM at the self checkout? Wouldn’t it be easier to PM online using chat and assume the giftcard will be auto added to the order with two games in it?

#1110 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15754 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2020 - 04:58 AM

How do you PM at the self checkout? Wouldn’t it be easier to PM online using chat and assume the giftcard will be auto added to the order with two games in it?

You press the “questions” button and whoever is manning the lane will come over to help. I find it far easier to ask for a PM there since they can process it before you pay and thus no questions asked. When you total yourself out it will spring up the gift card prompt and you can scan any gift card they have available nearby. Less to explain and super easy to get the deal done.