- - - - -

Walmart Black Friday Ad 2020 - 11/25

#31 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10202 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 12:20 AM

For that price, I’d bite on Maneater.

#32 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 16 November 2020 - 12:28 AM

Walmart black friday will never reach the heights of Doom Switch for $17 and Diablo Switch for $13, even if I never did find a copy of Diablo, and had to settle for just Doom.

#33 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8812 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:02 AM

Anyone know if there's going to be deals for the game pass? I know there's gonna be an ultimate promo, but I want the regular one since I'm a PC dude.

#34 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11755 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:57 AM

What about 4k dvds?

#35 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4392 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:07 AM

Down for Legion at $30 on PS4/PS5

#36 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4687 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:10 AM

What about 4k dvds?

Are those similar to cassette tape CDs?

#37 JLowSlow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

JLowSlow

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:20 AM

What about 4k dvds?

They had a few on the sale that happened on Saturday.  Had Rise of Skywalker, Angel Has Fallen and Midway for $7.96 each.  There were a few others, I remember seeing all the John Wick movies and Knives Out, but that was it.  Pretty disappointing for sure.

#38 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2034 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:51 AM

$30 Games

• :ps4:  :xb1: Crash Trilogy

I'm pretty sure that should be Crash 4, not the trilogy.

#39 emceelokey   The Human Weapon CAGiversary!   769 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:12 AM

I work at best buy and we got large quantities of all these games in so I'm guessing were going to have these games on sale as well. Actually, on the website, a lot of these games are up for sale at the same price right now.

#40 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8073 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:56 AM

What about 4k dvds?

The movies and TV seasons were live in the store yesterday.  I bought several of the CW Arrowverse and DC Universe TV seasons on DVD for $10 each.

#41 Tyf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 12:56 PM

Luigi's Mansion and maybe Yoshi's Crafted World.  Other than that, bad.

#42 almostjack  

almostjack

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:55 PM

In years past on black friday Walmart has had digital editions of many of these priced items, anyone have any idea if that's what they're going to do again this year? I game share so buying digital makes it that much easier, but $30 Legion is hard to pass even if it's physical.

#43 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3387 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:33 PM

All those first party switch games for $30 each... I don't think any of them have been that low.  The other retailers had them for $10 more this past week.

$30 is my buy it price for Zelda Link's Awakening.

Probably walmart's best ever sale on 1st party nintendo switch games... and better than all the other retailers.  IF BB or Amazon end up price matching walmart, it'll make it even easier.

#44 hoofrog   Game Whore CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:40 PM

For that price, I’d bite on Maneater.

Maneater is $12.99 on Best Buy right now.
https://www.bestbuy....T&skuId=6395601

#45 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23737 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:41 PM

Is there any website or place that compiles item prices by store? Like I want to buy a copy of FFVII Remake again- I see it's $30 at WM it would be nice to see what BB, Target, GS or Amazon have it for to see who has the best price. 

#46 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:48 PM

Is there any website or place that compiles item prices by store? Like I want to buy a copy of FFVII Remake again- I see it's $30 at WM it would be nice to see what BB, Target, GS or Amazon have it for to see who has the best price. 

The black friday thread on CAG has a spreadsheet.

#47 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11755 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:57 PM

They had a few on the sale that happened on Saturday.  Had Rise of Skywalker, Angel Has Fallen and Midway for $7.96 each.  There were a few others, I remember seeing all the John Wick movies and Knives Out, but that was it.  Pretty disappointing for sure.

Thanks. Nothing for me right now. Was hoping to see more in the ad (says preview right now) not seeing anymore 4k dvds for black friday.

#48 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2562 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:04 PM

Down for Legion at $30 on PS4/PS5

It’s that price now at Bestbuy.com

#49 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:13 PM

Anyone use the allstate 2-3 year extended warranty (insurance)?

#50 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4687 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:58 AM

It’s that price now at Bestbuy.com

Unless this was a temporary glitch, the game is full price.

#51 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:47 AM

Unless this was a temporary glitch, the game is full price.

Maneater and WD Legion are part of the My Best Buy Rewards Members exclusive sale going on right now. Just log into you BB account and it will show the discounted prices.

#52 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3387 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2020 - 02:46 PM

Thanks. Nothing for me right now. Was hoping to see more in the ad (says preview right now) not seeing anymore 4k dvds for black friday.

I was in my local walmart Sunday.  They had a few black friday displays for dvd/br/4kbr and typical movie bin full of bf movies and tv show seasons with the regular colored stickers and a price guide posted.   The only thing I bought was Rise of Skywalker because that was a solid deal at $8 for the 4k/br/digital combo pack.  I would have been happy with the br/digital version (no 4k tv or player) but it was regular price.   Given the pandemic... and how theaters have been closed most of the year, it's not much different than bf last year because there just isn't a lot more content.

#53 jdmarks  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:33 AM

Anyone know if Wal-Mart will have PS5 or Xbox Series X consoles in store on Black Friday?  The ad says online only, but everything that said online only last week was in stores.  Brickseek is showing consoles in stock, but I assumed those were for online pick order for this upcoming week, and not actual in-store purchase. 

#54 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:06 AM

Question is is watch dogs still good like $60 good?

#55 ayuchan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:12 AM

I got it for $40 at release, played it for like an hour, and traded it in at gamestop for a $32.70 store credit a day ago. Did not rely like it as the missions just seemed to be too repetitive.

#56 bigez   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:26 AM

I bought it and beat it. I switched over to the series x and it loaded way faster which made it easy to skip most of the dialogue and fast travel. I can’t wait to trade it off and feel like $30 may still be too high. The game isn’t really terrible but it’s really forgettable. Plus it has some strange bugs. Unless you are dying for something to play I would wait for sub $20.

#57 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:26 AM

I got it for $40 at release, played it for like an hour, and traded it in at gamestop for a $32.70 store credit a day ago. Did not rely like it as the missions just seemed to be too repetitive.

Thanks for letting me know. That’s what I think I’ll feel if I get Valhalla. That’s why it’s so hard for me to choose what games I want from targets b2g1. I did place an order for yakuza and cyberpunk and cancelled one tho. Hopefully can get demon souls with b2g1 soon

#58 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:51 AM

Watch Dogs Legion is neat at first. It's a very pretty game and there's an illusion of depth... But the progression is all wrong. Main story missions give nothing. All progression is done through recruitment (which is boring and tedious) or picking up tech points (which again is boring and tedious). Not to mention the actual progression is super underwhelming. WDL is honestly a C game, and it only gets that because of its beautiful graphics. Only worth $20, IMO.

AC Valhalla is definitely a better game. Still has some of that Ubisoftness to it, but it's more varied and has a better story. Reminds me of a classic Assassin's Creed game, which I love. I'd say it's a solid B. Probably worth the $50 you can get it for in a lot of places if you have nothing else to play.

Yakuza like a Dragon however, is A. If you like turn based JRPGs, it's so meaty and wonderful. Has Earthbound vibes with a serious story that pays off big in the end. Tons of content too. I only did like, half of the side content and none of the post-game and it took me 60 hours. I'd pay $70 for this.

#59 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:26 AM

Watch Dogs Legion is neat at first. It's a very pretty game and there's an illusion of depth... But the progression is all wrong. Main story missions give nothing. All progression is done through recruitment (which is boring and tedious) or picking up tech points (which again is boring and tedious). Not to mention the actual progression is super underwhelming. WDL is honestly a C game, and it only gets that because of its beautiful graphics. Only worth $20, IMO.

AC Valhalla is definitely a better game. Still has some of that Ubisoftness to it, but it's more varied and has a better story. Reminds me of a classic Assassin's Creed game, which I love. I'd say it's a solid B. Probably worth the $50 you can get it for in a lot of places if you have nothing else to play.

Yakuza like a Dragon however, is A. If you like turn based JRPGs, it's so meaty and wonderful. Has Earthbound vibes with a serious story that pays off big in the end. Tons of content too. I only did like, half of the side content and none of the post-game and it took me 60 hours. I'd pay $70 for this.

I would like to give Valhalla a chance but knowing myself, I’m a casual who stops playing if a game isn’t engaging all the way through. If story isn’t engaging and the combat gets boring, I most likely would stop playing it

#60 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:35 AM

Did anyone buy the TCL TV Walmart had on the 11th? If so how good is it and was it worth $148?