- - - - -

Walmart Black Friday Ad 2020 - 11/25

#61 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:09 PM

Walmart black friday will never reach the heights of Doom Switch for $17 and Diablo Switch for $13, even if I never did find a copy of Diablo, and had to settle for just Doom.

Yeah, those were stupendous deals. Pricing mistakes, though, and not part of the sale.

#62 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, those were stupendous deals. Pricing mistakes, though, and not part of the sale.

Every year since then, i checked prices on matching switch copies for PS4 versions that were marked down for black friday, but it's never happened again.

#63 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:50 PM

Question is is watch dogs still good like $60 good?

Watch Dogs has never been good at any price IMO.

#64 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for letting me know. That’s what I think I’ll feel if I get Valhalla. That’s why it’s so hard for me to choose what games I want from targets b2g1. I did place an order for yakuza and cyberpunk and cancelled one tho. Hopefully can get demon souls with b2g1 soon

Depends how long of a break you've taken TBH. For me, Black Flag was the last AC game I actually played and had a ton of fun with it. It's somewhat ironic that it was a PS4 launch game, but this time around I picked it up for XSX as my sole launch game and am having a blast with it. The main problem is Ubisoft design and how they've homogenized their games to all feel exactly the same. I mix it up by only playing AC every 5-7 years and filling any gaps with Far Cry.

Valhalla though honestly is quite the experience. Unless you're burnt out on Vikings, I'd honestly give it a chance as standalone game in that regard. It's fairly historically accurate and culturally faithful, so there's also an element of intrigue to be had.

#65 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:24 PM

Depends how long of a break you've taken TBH. For me, Black Flag was the last AC game I actually played and had a ton of fun with it. It's somewhat ironic that it was a PS4 launch game, but this time around I picked it up for XSX as my sole launch game and am having a blast with it. The main problem is Ubisoft design and how they've homogenized their games to all feel exactly the same. I mix it up by only playing AC every 5-7 years and filling any gaps with Far Cry.

Valhalla though honestly is quite the experience. Unless you're burnt out on Vikings, I'd honestly give it a chance as standalone game in that regard. It's fairly historically accurate and culturally faithful, so there's also an element of intrigue to be had.

Lol black flag was actually the last AC game I finished. I actually liked that game

#66 jwizzle5786   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

jwizzle5786

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:55 PM

Valhalla is made by the same team who did Black Flag and Origins.

#67 mikeshinobi  

mikeshinobi

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:56 AM

No one likes Link's Awakening at $30? I'm considering it at least.

Also it's weird how it seems like they're desperate to get rid of Mario Rabbids, first putting it at $19.99 on Amazon recently and now marking it all the way down to $15, they'll be giving it away for free soon at this rate. Very strange to see a Mario title going for so cheap, although I suppose it's not a "real" Mario game.

#68 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:57 AM

No one likes Link's Awakening at $30?

Also it's weird how it seems like they're desperate to get rid of Mario Rabbids, marking it all the way down to $15 now, they'll be giving it away for free soon. Very strange to see a Mario title going for so cheap, although I suppose it's not a "real" Mario game.

the digital deals for rabbids are typically better as they have the gold edition that includes all the dlc

#69 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

Question is is watch dogs still good like $60 good?

No. Not because of any belief that it's a bad game or franchise but because Watch Dog games go down in price so quickly after release that I'd wait for a sale until you were comfortable in the price you wanna pay. It's gonna be around $33 on BF so maybe wait a few days at least before buying it.

#70 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2731 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:51 PM

Not sure why they wouldn't just do this like they're doing everything else...just putting it out in phases.  Their movies went out some point this week and they have tons of pallets out.  Online deals get a big thumbs down from me that defeats the whole purpose and the "fun" of it.

In non-gaming news though I was able to pick up one of the Tineco vacuums for $99 still even though their price went back to $150.  At this specific WM they left the display up even though it seems to have expired so they honored it for me.  That's weird enough anyway though because most of the BF deals are "while supplies last"...but apparently they are also timed.  If you're looking for a new cordless vacuum I highly recommend it, it's awesome so far and easily the best cordless we've owned...check around for displays and signs still left out.

#71 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2727 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:27 AM

c'mon do prices now like BB!

#72 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   961 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:49 PM

No. Not because of any belief that it's a bad game or franchise but because Watch Dog games go down in price so quickly after release that I'd wait for a sale until you were comfortable in the price you wanna pay. It's gonna be around $33 on BF so maybe wait a few days at least before buying it.

Watch Dogs Legion is 30 at Best Buy right now.

#73 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:56 PM

Watch Dogs Legion is 30 at Best Buy right now.

And qualifies for the $10’preorder bonus. (I think)

#74 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:02 PM

And qualifies for the $10’preorder bonus. (I think)

Yep. I still don't understand the appeal of this game to people, but can't argue the deal. $20 sounds about right for this.

#75 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:21 PM

Yep. I still don't understand the appeal of this game to people, but can't argue the deal. $20 sounds about right for this.

It’s a Ubisoft game. See you at the $10-15 range.

#76 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:47 AM

It’s a Ubisoft game. See you at the $10-15 range.

Ps5 preorder is 29.99. I have GCU so 23.99. $10 reward certificate if you order before Tuesday. 

13.99. Right in your range. 

#77 Riptidre  

Riptidre

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:57 AM

Ps5 preorder is 29.99. I have GCU so 23.99. $10 reward certificate if you order before Tuesday. 

still have gcu! envy u!

#78 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:39 AM

By all means, enjoy then! Definitely would consider biting if my GCU were still active and all the stacks/discounts brought it down to that range (especially with the dual-generation straddle that allots players multiple copies of a game—not to mention scoring a next gen title that’s not even close to the new $70 price point).

Given Ubisoft’s historically aggressive discounting strategy for their games, I’m guessing the rest of us might be waiting another six months or so before possibly jumping on the bandwagon. And that’ll be totally okay, because I’ll probably still be playing some of these other games I’ve picked up during this Black Friday sale. 

#79 alpo845   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:23 AM

Walmart usually has the digital cards in store for the price of the physical copy. Anyone think they'll do that online?

#80 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:03 AM

By all means, enjoy then! Definitely would consider biting if my GCU were still active and all the stacks/discounts brought it down to that range (especially with the dual-generation straddle that allots players multiple copies of a game—not to mention scoring a next gen title that’s not even close to the new $70 price point).

Given Ubisoft’s historically aggressive discounting strategy for their games, I’m guessing the rest of us might be waiting another six months or so before possibly jumping on the bandwagon. And that’ll be totally okay, because I’ll probably still be playing some of these other games I’ve picked up during this Black Friday sale. 

No question. Ubisoft titles sink like a rock. 

#81 Phi  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:55 AM

For those looking for extended options (not necessarily a sizzling hot deal)... the digital version of FIFA 21 Switch is on sale at Walmart.com for $34.99

Edit: Just saw it was that price on the eShop too. Even better!

#82 jdmarks  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:36 AM

I was looking at the Walmart Black Friday ad and noticed that the video games are online only.  During the last Days of Deals sale I noticed everything that said online only was in the store at 5:00 AM on Saturday.  Anyone know if games will be available to purchase on special display stand, or at least from the glass displays? 

#83 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9168 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:17 AM

Real frustrated with Walmart.
Had two games to return but couldn't find my receipt, so I went in to get store credit since I was just gonna spend it on Black Friday anyway.
They refuse to do it in store claiming some sort of copyright bullshit. I check the return policy online just to make sure I'm right and end up calling.
They have a cash order lookup system so I try that given I know when I bought the games and they cannot find the order so they just hang up on me.
Any suggestions?

#84 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3104 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:39 AM

Real frustrated with Walmart.
Had two games to return but couldn't find my receipt, so I went in to get store credit since I was just gonna spend it on Black Friday anyway.
They refuse to do it in store claiming some sort of copyright bullshit. I check the return policy online just to make sure I'm right and end up calling.
They have a cash order lookup system so I try that given I know when I bought the games and they cannot find the order so they just hang up on me.
Any suggestions?

Try a different Walmart.  They should give you a GC.  Only reason they wouldn't is if they scan your DL (which they will) and they find out you're over a certain amount for the year.

If you can wait, you might want to do this AFTER the Thanksgiving week.  I'm sure the stores will be more dead afterwards. I know you said you'd prefer to have it for BF, but this might be a case where it's more important to just make sure you get the credit so you can use it later.

#85 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9168 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:06 AM

Try a different Walmart. They should give you a GC. Only reason they wouldn't is if they scan your DL (which they will) and they find out you're over a certain amount for the year.

If you can wait, you might want to do this AFTER the Thanksgiving week. I'm sure the stores will be more dead afterwards. I know you said you'd prefer to have it for BF, but this might be a case where it's more important to just make sure you get the credit so you can use it later.

Thanks for the quick reply, guess I'll try that.
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I did a receiptless return so it has to have been over 2 years ago. I brought my DL expecting them to scan it and they didn't let it get that far.

#86 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:07 AM

Walmart live, all.

#87 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3882 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:39 AM

I kinda want Link's Awakening, but not enough to go out and get covid again lol. Not paying the shipping+tax either since it ruins the deal. 

#88 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:40 AM

I kinda want Link's Awakening, but not enough to go out and get covid again lol. Not paying the shipping+tax either since it ruins the deal. 

PM at Target and get it shipped for free. ;)

#89 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6829 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:46 AM

Are any of these prices live in store? I’d like to get Crash 4

#90 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:50 AM

PM at Target and get it shipped for free. ;)

How do I PM at Target? Chat with someone?