Buy Cyberpunk 2077 and receive a Stadia Premiere Edition ($60)

Ben Stein

CAGiversary!
Link

LIMITED TIME OFFER
STADIA PREMIERE EDITION
Play Cyberpunk 2077 on your TV! Buy Cyberpunk 2077 and receive a Stadia Premiere Edition (includes a Stadia Controller and Chromecast Ultra). You'll receive an email to claim your offer after you purchase. Terms apply.³
edition.png

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I'm down for 6.

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10177658?p=cyberpunk_premiere_edition_offer&visit_id=637414264726653501-2846115994&rd=1

Stadia Premiere Edition with Purchase of Cyberpunk 2077 Offer Details

Eligible users who pre-order or purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia between October 15, 2020 and December 17, 2020 receive a Stadia Premiere Edition (Stadia Controller and Chromecast Ultra) at no additional charge, subject to these terms and conditions (the “Offer”). Offer includes free basic shipping.

• To qualify for the offer, you must be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States (excluding Hawaii, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), and must pre-order or purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia during the promotional period. Cancellation of pre-order before release of the game voids the Offer. If you acquire Cyberpunk 2077 through a Stadia game redemption code, you are not eligible for the Offer.
  • Redemption code for a Stadia Premiere Edition to use at the Google Store will be sent to the email address associated with your Stadia account by January 15, 2021 11:59 pm GMT, and must be redeemed by January 31, 2021 11:59 pm GMT. You must have or add a form of payment at checkout, but may not be charged depending on the shipping method you select.
  • Limit One Stadia Premiere Edition per user; 6 per household
  • Offer valid while supplies last and subject to availability. Promotional value of Offer is not transferable, not for resale, not redeemable for cash, and is nonrefundable.
  • If you return Cyberpunk 2077 for a refund, the Offer is void, and you may be required to return your Stadia Premier Edition or be charged the full price of the Stadia Premiere Edition. If you are required to return your Stadia Premiere Edition, you will receive an email at the email address associated with your Stadia account with instructions for return and you will not be charged for return shipping.
  • If Stadia determines that this offer is used in connection with abuse, misuse, or fraud, the Offer may be voided.
Stadia reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time. Promoter: © 2020 Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043.

I haven’t checked eBay but couldnt you just sell stadia premiere edition for $60 and basically get cyberpunk for free? I will say Stadia is my least favorite platform.

I'm getting a kit free since I subscribe to yt premium, shipped out yesterday. Honestly I only wanted the free Chromecast Ultra. I can't fathom buying a game on Stadia.

I'm getting a kit free since I subscribe to yt premium, shipped out yesterday. Honestly I only wanted the free Chromecast Ultra. I can't fathom buying a game on Stadia.
I got the same thing. I thought maybe it’s just my tv/wifi that sucks. Playing Panzer Dragoon Remake was painful. But I don’t know if the game looks that way anyway. I dunno it was free and I want to play hand of Gilgamesh.

Maybe it's just me but I've had decent success so far with Stadia.  Download of 200 Mbps and upload of 10 Mbps with low latency (most of the time).  I've not purchased any games from Stadia yet, but have had the pro trial for a few months and have enjoyed the ease of jumping into games from a computer, phone or tablet.  I'm intrigued somewhat with this offer to get the controller and Chromecast, but I already have the GOG version of Cyberpunk ordered via BB (w/Steelbook). 

There’s nothing to collect. A controller? It’s not like people get nostalgic for blowing into a controller with nothing to play.
You still have your Ouya?
It's not what's inside that counts. It's how much can I sell this on eBay for in 10 years, if at all.

I do have a Japanese copy of OoT and a Sonic: In Your Face comic.

Am I going to learn Japanese for the former or English for the latter? Not a chance.

I did the same stadia is a joke geforce now is kinda cool but even that I dont see myself paying for it.

On Friday I got a free Stadia Premier in the mail for being a YouTube Premium member (I use it for music mostly). To be honest, I'm pretty impressed with it. I have a fiber internet connection and it ran really well. Claimed about a dozen or so free games from their "pro" service. Got a $10 coupon I used to buy Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom for $1.99. Had fun playing Risk of Rain 2 and Bomberman R. I'm eyeing the recent Pac-Man Tunnel Battle game which looks really fun. The controller is actually pretty comfortable. Used it on RetroArch on my computer. I already have a PS4 and I'm sure Cyberpunk would play great on it, but another controller and Chromecast Ultra is tempting. I'm not looking forward to spending money on the next console generation yet. This is the first one in a while where I didn't buy all three main consoles. This might become the device I use to play AAA multi-console games.

I did the same stadia is a joke geforce now is kinda cool but even that I dont see myself paying for it.
It's odd. GeForce is worse for me than Stadia. Does the free tier have lower resolution or bandwidth? I know about the time limitation but wasn't sure about resolution, latency or bandwidth limitations.

It's odd. GeForce is worse for me than Stadia. Does the free tier have lower resolution or bandwidth? I know about the time limitation but wasn't sure about resolution, latency or bandwidth limitations.
Yes it does however the real selling point for geforce now is the fact it can use your steam games vs having to buy them again.

Not that I bought into this, but if I did, I got the email yesterday with a link/coupon to order the chromecast/controller...allegedly.

I tried Stadia Pro with a free trial and it was actually pretty good. 250 up/ 20 down internet connection. I wouldn't choose to play on Stadia vs my next gen consoles but if you are on last gen and want to play Cyberpunk this will prob be your best bet. Just make sure you set a timer so you can request a refund if your connection cant handle it. I believe it it 2 hours.

Amusingly, for many people Stadia is probably their best option for playing Cyberpunk

But you don’t take just our word for it. The general consensus out there is that Stadia is perhaps the best place to play Cyberpunk 2077 right now. Those who had a negative impression of the service at launch or have been known for cracking jokes at the platform’s expense have come out today to give Stadia credit for how it handles this intensive game.

Tom Warren from The Verge tweeted saying that Cyberpunk on Stadia “looks good.” In a further post on The Verge, his colleague Nick Slatt said that Stadia “may be the best way to play” Cyberpunk for most people right now given how difficult it’s been to get the next-gen consoles and GPUs that the game relies on for a good experience.

Beyond that, Forbes reported Paul Tassi rated Stadia’s performance with Cyberpunk 2077 behind only that of “a good PC.”

Yeah I'm contemplating getting in on this deal. I have the X1X and my copy is arriving today. If the quality isn't great I'll probably jump on this stadia deal
Tbh I did a little test on it and it didn't feel great to control, though it seemed fairly responsive, (using xbox controller). Might just be how the game controls in general. Quality wasn't great either, pretty blurry for me. I'm pretty sure it's capped at 1080p unless you pay for stadia pro. Also my internet is the cheapest option on Spectrum, so it might've even been capped lower based on my speed.

How did you get one? I am subscribed to Premium as well but didn't get any notice

How did you get one? I am subscribed to Premium as well but didn't get any notice
There was a promotion to get it free and they sent out coupon codes to use in the Google store to email inboxes. It's been over for a while now.

The only thing bad about this is that you have to pay $10 per month for 4k, otherwise you can only play in HD.  Even if you buy the game.

I think you should be able to play in 4k if you buy the game.

The pro membership should just be for the FREE games to play.

I can buy the normal PC and play in 4k, so buying the Stadia version and being restricted on resolution sucks big.

The only thing bad about this is that you have to pay $10 per month for 4k, otherwise you can only play in HD. Even if you buy the game.

I think you should be able to play in 4k if you buy the game.

The pro membership should just be for the FREE games to play.

I can buy the normal PC and play in 4k, so buying the Stadia version and being restricted on resolution sucks big.
With the Xbox version looking as bad as it does (Series X runs smoother but the visuals are still horrible) I was planning to take advantage of the Stadia deal. The lack of 4K without a subscription killed that thought so I appreciate you bringing this up, I wasn’t aware of this ridiculous requirement.

I guess I’ll just wait for a Series X version or buy the PC one on sale

I went ahead and purchased it with the $10 off promotion for the premiere edition hardware.  Have been playing on my Chromebook and have been delightfully surprised.  Enough in fact that I'm just going to sell my GOG code for now.  I'm sure I'll end up purchasing again at some point once they stomp out many of the bugs (either next-gen or PC), but for now the Stadia version is good enough for me.

In addition, I'm loving the ability to play my XBox Game Pass games on my Chromebook as well through the cloud.  I was one of the crazies who backed OnLive years ago and never thought I would see this day....

I wonder if this would stack with a price drop. If it got to a point like $44, it’d be worth it because essentially free once you sell the extra premiere on eBay.

I wonder if this would stack with a price drop. If it got to a point like $44, it’d be worth it because essentially free once you sell the extra premiere on eBay.
The deal is only available until December 17, 2020. If you sign up for a Stadia Pro trial I believe you will get a $10 "coupon" anyway. I paid $49.99 and got Cyberpunk and the Premiere Edition with this coupon.

The deal is only available until December 17, 2020. If you sign up for a Stadia Pro trial I believe you will get a $10 "coupon" anyway. I paid $49.99 and got Cyberpunk and the Premiere Edition with this coupon.
I got a free stadia premiere edition to try the pro. Cancelled it. Then they sent me another email to buy cyberpunk and get another preMiere edition.

edit: looks like i did have a $10 credit on my account even though i cancelled stadia pro. bought cyberpunk and will start playing once my premiere edition ships.

I still have my steam machine that I bought 6 or 7 years ago that Amazon had a fire sale on hoping it becomes a collectors item but I'm not holding my breath. Neither should anybody in regards to Stadia when it eventually goes caput.

I jumped on the deal. Already got a Stadia Premier from having YouTube Premium so this other one will likely go to my brother, another CAG. I've played it for about 8 hours, and I'm liking how the game has been running. Two times my gun has fired for longer than I held the trigger, but that was the only problem that I felt was caused by how Stadia works. I was playing on my laptop while my wife was streaming a show on the TV. The performance of both simultaneously was great. I'm not a PC gamer, so I used the controller vs. my keyboard and touchpad/trackball, but I like the idea of swapping between the two control schemes if I determine the other is more comfortable which I'm sure will probably happen with some genres given enough experience.

Neither should anybody in regards to Stadia when it eventually goes caput.
I completely get the concern about Google and Stadia, but IMO this is not like their other projects they've cancelled. I cannot think of one of those that was an actual paid product, most (if not all) were "free" products. The only one close that I can think of was Google Music which just evolved into YouTube Music.

Edit: I guess maybe some hardware products (Chromebook Pixel, Nexus) could be considered a paid product they killed as well.

I feel like Google's actually trying now with Stadia by offering things to get into people's hands, even if you don't actually need anything to play Stadia. Anyone with a Google account can literally just go the site and start playing Destiny 2 or Bomberman R right now. A lot of people are sticking around for Pro based on the Facebook group and Reddit. I'm sure they'll adjust their strategy to get as many paid users as they can, even if it's just buying individual games.

As for concern about the viability of a game streaming service, Amazon has recently entered the space as well. I can't imagine them doing it without thinking it'd be profitable. I'm thinking the remainder of the tech sector is going to want in once either of them proves it's worthwhile. I can see Apple, Netflix, and even ISPs offering a similar service down the road.

Wow glad I bit earlier. Depending on how much I can sell the stadia pro for, I will end up paying $10 to $20 for cyberpunk. Not too Shabby.
Probably all it's worth, from what I've read. I've heard the PS4 and XBONE versions are horrible - mere stripped down shadows of the high-end PC / next gen console versions.

bread's done
Back