* * * * - 3 votes

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Deal

Deal

#61 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:30 PM

Yes, turn it off first. When you redeem, the system should ask you if you want to turn it on and get another month for free and then turn it off again.

FYI - When I redeemed a code a year ago, I got the option for auto pay which I turned on and got another month. I turned it off and redeemed another code  right after but it didn't give the option for another free month so you may want to wait a day or so to redeem a second if you have it.

I think more likely they just caught on lol. I haven't really heard of people being able to use the trick anymore with any real frequency other than the first time, if that. MS has been exuberantly generous with their subs, but I think we're starting to see that shift towards maintaining vs attracting people.

#62 The Orange Alert  

The Orange Alert

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:11 PM

Let's assume you have nothing to start. You buy 12 months gold for $60 and activate it. You see the offer on the xbox for $1. You pay $1 once, and your 12 gold months get converted to 12 months of Ulitmate. $61 for a year of Ultimate.

You can only convert once I believe, and you can't have more than 3 years of Ultimate.

When I converted, I had a year of gold and a year of gamepass already which converted to 2 years of Ultimate. My son only had a couple of months of gold left with no gamepass, so we went out and bought 2 years of gold, added it to his account and then converted for a $1. He had 2 yrs.+ of Ultimate as a result.

Thank you for this. That’s a phenomenal deal, and I will be doing that. I’ve been away from CAG for a bit, but these are the kinds of things that always bring me back to this site. Appreciate the help!

#63 Bubbakja   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:59 AM

I'm pretty shocked that you still have a family account. I thought they did away with Gold family accounts years ago. Maybe I don't understand your phrasing. If you just have kids' Microsoft accounts that are supervised under your adult Microsoft account (called family members) for game restrictions, etc., you don't need to remove them from that for the conversion or anything else. I have kids accounts under mine and I'm able to do anything with them that a normal account can do. I did the $1 gamepass conversion awhile ago for multiple kids accounts. I assume it still works the same.

I meant my kids were in my microsoft family and could play on my gold membership, not the old school family plan where you paid extra for that.

#64 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:10 AM

I think more likely they just caught on lol. I haven't really heard of people being able to use the trick anymore with any real frequency other than the first time, if that. MS has been exuberantly generous with their subs, but I think we're starting to see that shift towards maintaining vs attracting people.

2 nights ago I was set to expire 6/9/2022. Can’t remember if auto renew was on or off. I entered code for 3 month card. It asked me if I wanted to do an extra month free by turning on auto renewal. I said yes and new expiration was 10/9/2022. I immediately put in a second three month code without turning anything on or off. It asked me again if I want a free month by turning auto renewal on. Said yes. Extended me to 2/9/2023. 

#65 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:01 AM

Just got my son 3 years of Gold from Costco for $150 total.  ($95 for 2 years and $55 for 1 year).  It was kind of a hassle as my orders were getting auto-cancelled for the 2-year code.  It says "Limit 3" on the page but apparently my single order from a week or so back when I added to my own account meant they cancelled any subsequent orders.  I got it cleared up over a long phone call, but it looks like they special ordered the second one for me.  It took the rep about 25 mins of talking to other people to sort it out and reorder for me.  Fortunately, once they did that the code came quick.

In any case, got the 3 years on his account.  I just turned down the free month with auto-renewal when I redeemed the 1 year code.  Then I did the $1 upgrade to GPU, and he's now set till Nov. 25th, 2023. 

So, yeah, just to triple confirm, but the 1-for-1 deal on converting Gold membership is still happening.

#66 garrettg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

garrettg

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:29 PM

Yes, turn it off first. When you redeem, the system should ask you if you want to turn it on and get another month for free and then turn it off again.

FYI - When I redeemed a code a year ago, I got the option for auto pay which I turned on and got another month. I turned it off and redeemed another code  right after but it didn't give the option for another free month so you may want to wait a day or so to redeem a second if you have it.

Thanks! I ordered one digital and one physical. added the code and it offered me the extra month. when i get the card, i'll wait a bit before adding it as i currently have until next November.

- garrett

#67 WeaponX2099   All Caps when you remember the man's name CAGiversary!   5613 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:09 AM

Target is down to $20 now!!

#68 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2341 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:31 AM

Target is down to $20 now!!

Yep, and even better using Red card.  Ended up getting 3 of them for $61 including tax.  

#69 Kakashi25  

Kakashi25

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:40 AM

Damn I was going to redeem some MIcrosoft reward points for target gift cards but they are taking forever to send it. I've always gotten these things instantly from them but it's been 2 hours now. By the time they do send it that GPU will probably be sold out at Target.

#70 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:52 AM

Hmmm... I feel like I should load up on the Target deal but I'd have to save the codes for a few months to use.  I don't like saving digital codes for 4-8 months like that. What would happen if they just didn't work?

#71 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 03:57 AM

I was able to PM this in-store tonight; wanted a physical card since receipts fade and I don't want to keep track of a picture of the receipt. That'll cap me at 3 years in another month so I'd say I'm good for a while.

#72 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:10 AM

edit: nvm. got 4 months for turning on auto-renew

#73 snatcher33   Marry me Jenny!!! CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

snatcher33

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:27 PM

Has anybody got their codes from Target yet? I ordered 3 GPU from Target yesterday and still haven't received the email yet.

#74 dragonjud   Got games, but no time CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

Has anybody got their codes from Target yet? I ordered 3 GPU from Target yesterday and still haven't received the email yet.

Hmm, hope they didn't oversell... I normally get everything digital within one hour, and have yet to receive the single code I ordered.  We shall see.

#75 m3g4t0ky0   lolwut CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

m3g4t0ky0

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:05 PM

I've gotten two so far (they came at the same time last night a few hours after I placed my order) and am still waiting on the third.

#76 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2981 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:18 PM

FYI - Costco also has it for $20 (after adding to cart) if you’re a member there. I’m tempted to get more to go beyond 2027, but that seems excessive.

https://www.costco.c....100524110.html

#77 xwing_5  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:12 PM

I bought the $100 / Apple Card’s from target with a $20 target gift card deal and it took almost 2 days until I got the codes.

Be patient, they’ll come.

Question: how long does the target link last for these cards? I would like to keep them and not use them for a while. How long do i have?

#78 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2341 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:40 PM

I've received all three of mine.

#79 snatcher33   Marry me Jenny!!! CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

snatcher33

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:47 PM

Finally got mine as well. $20 was a steal for these. May order 3 more?

#80 kemosahbe  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

I ordered at Target shortly after it went live. Support told me they had a technical issue that delayed some digital gift card orders that has been resolved but they’re still working through the backlog of affected orders. Said codes should be sent for all orders by end of day Friday.

#81 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3803 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:40 PM

isn;t ea play convertion a better deal?

#82 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 11:35 PM

I may just buy 2 more physical cards from Best Buy and have them shipped.  Saves me the trip for store pickup and I feel better about storing cards in a drawer and using them 4-8 months later than a code in an email.  $8 extra for 2 codes and peace of mind I guess ;).  OR... I could be patient and assume we'll get deals on these things next year when I'll still have 2 years left on my sub and can top it off then.  BUT... I also figure at some point this will go up in price and/or there will be less deals (just like Gold is now).  Once MS gets everyone hooked the deals will become fewer and lesser.

But then maybe I'm overthinking things.

#83 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:32 AM

To those who got the "turn on auto-renewal" more than once for a free month, are you redeeming it on the Xbox app?

I only got it last night. my 2nd code just now and it didnt work

#84 Kromis   Für das Vaterland! CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:49 AM

PSA: For those who have access to the Microsoft Company Store, they have the 12-month and 24-month Xbox Live Gold subs back in stock now for those who want to convert for cheap.

#85 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:23 AM

Uhhhh so funny thing, I ordered 3 last night and I've received 5 from the same order over the course of the day (with two codes on my order still not marked having been sent). Has this happened to anyone else?

#86 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2341 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:48 AM

So my subscription ends on December 6, 2020.  I have several 3 month codes to use.  Any reason to hold off until my sub ends before I use the codes?  Any chance for a $1 resub once it expires?

#87 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1422 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:02 AM

Uhhhh so funny thing, I ordered 3 last night and I've received 5 from the same order over the course of the day (with two codes on my order still not marked having been sent). Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes.

#88 4tothefloor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

4tothefloor

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:18 AM

Same. I ordered 2, got 4. Two of them gave the "free month for auto renew" thing, so I ended up with 14 months total for $40 plus tax. Happy Black Friday everyone!

#89 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:25 AM

Same. I ordered 2, got 4. Two of them gave the "free month for auto renew" thing, so I ended up with 14 months total for $40 plus tax. Happy Black Friday everyone!

Same. I ordered 3 andgot 6 so now I’m good until December 2022. I wonder if this still works....

#90 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:46 AM

And just got a sixth. The timing of how these are coming in makes me think someone is manually fulfilling these codes and they're definitely messing it up