Addiction to buying games

#1 Fred Gordon Herbert   Banned Banned   107 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Fred Gordon Herbert

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:00 PM

Addiction to buying games?

#2 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16148 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:27 PM

Yep. I got Game Pass.

#3 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10065 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 04:09 AM

I stopped buying so many games when I realized I was enjoying the hunt of finding deals more than the actual games. Back from the PS2/GCN/Xbox generation to the PS3/Wii/360 generation I was buying so many games because anything for under $5 that I had any interest in playing I bought. Most games I rarely played and barely finished any before moving onto the next one. Now I try to limit myself to games I really want even if I see a game for a few dollars that I know I won't play more than a few times. For 2020 I am at just under $100 total spent on all gaming purchases.

#4 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3520 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 28 November 2020 - 01:52 PM

I stopped buying so many games when I realized I was enjoying the hunt of finding deals more than the actual games. Back from the PS2/GCN/Xbox generation to the PS3/Wii/360 generation I was buying so many games because anything for under $5 that I had any interest in playing I bought. Most games I rarely played and barely finished any before moving onto the next one. Now I try to limit myself to games I really want even if I see a game for a few dollars that I know I won't play more than a few times. For 2020 I am at just under $100 total spent on all gaming purchases.

Impressive. Can't say I've been as successful.  I have limited game-buying to only those titles I want to play, but even then, the list is unfortunately long ... For me, the best way to stop buying games is to not get the next console.  That usually does the trick.  I plan to hold off on getting the Switch and PS5 for at least another 1-2 years.  Frankly, by then, I might lose interest entirely.

#5 Rteacher  

Rteacher

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:03 PM

I usually can't help myself, especially if a game I'm relatively interested is on offer then I will end up buying it.

#6 Lina1  

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:03 PM

It's definitely not my problem, sometimes I even not spend money on my PS4 subscription ))

#7 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3520 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:35 AM

Lately, my addiction is to buying cheap bluray movies. Ugh.