Shame on these Companies- PS5 and Xbox Series X fiasco

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!
I write this trying to be fair, and look at the perspectives of the Producers (Sony, Microsoft's), Retailers (Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) and us as consumers before I pass judgement.

The "Producers" get an F rating being they knew there would be high demand for their product, and yet they have failed miserably to even come close to meeting that demand.

The "Retailers" are best-case a D rating in that they held back the amount of consoles they would carry in store. Covid-19 is not a recent event, so they should have thousands available to order online if not Millions. In years past it was a marketing ploy to get people in a 2 plus hour line to go home empty-handed so they buy whatever left-over junk they can to justify their wasted time.

Us the consumers have become much more savvy and smart. I give us a B+ or A- rating. As one of those consumers, it's time to declare that Black Friday should be year round. Quit extorting/ripping us off on products with little to no demand. Sell that 50 Inch 4k TV for $199 year round, just not for one week.

Moral of this is don't support these companies that exploit us every year around this time. Covid-19 may be the reason things are the way they are now, but after the vaccines I beg all of you to tell them "We don't want your business".

Yes my subject was PS5 and Xbox Series X. Not sure I would buy one now if I could the way this has all been handled.

You think it's that easy? You think Covid-19 only affects retailers and not manufacturers and supply chains? I've seen several delays on preordered graphic novels this year due to printing and distribution issues related to the pandemic, and I imagine that consoles are a bit more complicated to produce and ship.

Your post comes off as petty and entitled, OP. Yeah, these console launches have been frustrating, but remember that everything is out of whack this year.

I wish I had $500+ for the newest video games, video game consoles and video game accessories burning a hole in my pocket.  Must be nice to have the problem of being unable to spend that $500 fast enough.

I’ll wait 4 years for a ps5 pro and plenty of cheap gh games and the 8k TVs will be cheaper
This is kind of where I'm leaning. So far, the only game I really want on the PS5 is Horizon Forbidden West but not sure that would make me get one. Plus, the PS5 is massive. I saw it after all the memes and stuff but even then, I was shocked. I'm hoping a Pro version slims it down some.

I wish I had $500+ for the newest video games, video game consoles and video game accessories burning a hole in my pocket. Must be nice to have the problem of being unable to spend that $500 fast enough.
If you think that's bad- just think, there are people who have $1000+ to burn for these on eBay because they can't find it in stores. I'm honesty shocked, I did not think after market prices would go up that high.

bread's done
Back